CLIMATEGATE!!! The Global Warming Agenda exposed.

All religions are a bit mad, but some are more so than others. Islam in particular isn't doing itself any favours at the moment, but Scientology is by far the most ridiculous of all religions.

i don't see how believing aliens exist is any different from believing that an immortal deity exists

i personally believe that there is most likely some other planet with life on it out there, we just can't proove it yet :)

memorium said:
i don't see how believing aliens exist is any different from believing that an immortal deity exists

i personally believe that there is most likely some other planet with life on it out there, we just can't proove it yet :)

That would be fine and dandy if that's all the Scientologists believed but they take it a bit more then that, i forget the spefics at the moment but something along the lines of we're all reincarnated aliens from a different planet. So yeah not crazy in the slightest...

For the record i too believe in life outside this little sphere we call earth, but i think that's starting to get off topic in this thread

memorium said:

Please don't compare believing in god to believing in aliens... aliens is soooo much more believable!

Its a mathematical impossibility that there are no planets out there with life on it.

even though the whole thing is bollocks in my opinion, GW. God....all shite made up by the Government.

If anyones ever watched jet Lee's the One. then thats pretty much how i see things, there's multiverses and in each universe there's a sun, and a earth (of sorts) now it could be at the end of the evolutionary game...or right at the beginning or on par with us. but all in all its the same thing: there's life.

funny thing is....if every universe is on par with each other (timewise) then were all sat here going "i wonder why the aliens never visit".

Tachi- said:
even though the whole thing is bollocks in my opinion, GW. God....all shite made up by the Government.

If anyones ever watched jet Lee's the One. then thats pretty much how i see things, there's multiverses and in each universe there's a sun, and a earth (of sorts) now it could be at the end of the evolutionary game...or right at the beginning or on par with us. but all in all its the same thing: there's life.

funny thing is....if every universe is on par with each other (timewise) then were all sat here going "i wonder why the aliens never visit".

lmfao! omg! Ya know when people ask you what the worst movie you've ever seen is? Thats my answer. Jet Lee's The One! It is by far the most god awful piece of **** i have ever been forced to watch!

lol it kills time doesn't it?
anyway, i was only mentioning it, i don't watch it all the time lol havent seen it in years.....but its something i can relate to in my crazy theory :)

cardybean said:
memorium said:
you just implied that every other religion was normal, and that Pagans weren't, tis all

Oh no, best not insult a religion!
actually i believe we should insult most if not, all religions

i personally like what Buddhists say though, and i would be one, but it means having to give up meat :?

memorium said:
cardybean said:
memorium said:
you just implied that every other religion was normal, and that Pagans weren't, tis all

Oh no, best not insult a religion!

i personally like what Buddhists say though, and i would be one, but it means having to give up meat :?

And sit under a tree until you gain enlightenment......and, well as nobody knows what you'll be enlightened, it could be an idea to make something....which would make you rich and famous.

If global warming is "to blame" for the expected snow this week and next........Then i'm turning my heater on full blast and making sure i compensate for those trying to lower their Co2 footprint.

memorium said:

Oh, and insult many peoples way of life? Not all Christians, Pagans, etc. are extremists y'know.

Many people find religion helps them through life- believing a there is a God out there helping through every day, and someone to pray to. Many people find religion as a way of life- and many of these people I might add, are peace loving and friendly.

So, no, we shouldn't insult "Most, if not all" religions.

Probably we shouldn't insult them, but we should question them. Nothing should be above criticism.

ceb018b370.jpg

I'm fine with people believing in religion as long as it has no impact whatsoever on anyone except them. Trying to proselytize to others causes conflict. And forcing religious values on your kids can really f*ck them up.

@Tachi - Even if you don't believe global warming is man made, wasting energy and your own money to get at other people is just daft. :?

ayase said:
I'm fine with people believing in religion as long as it has no impact whatsoever on anyone except them. Trying to proselytize to others causes conflict. And forcing religious values on your kids can really f*ck them up.

Doesn't justify insulting them though. Not everyone does try to force their religious values on others.

ayase said:
@Tachi - Even if you don't believe global warming is man made, wasting energy and your own money to get at other people is just daft. :?

He means that "If by wasting energy it makes it Snow, i'll waste energy". This would be because Tachi likes snow, or so I should imagine.

That's what I got from it, anyway...

Spyro201 said:
ayase said:
Doesn't justify insulting them though. Not everyone does try to force their religious values on others.
But IMO, those who do try to force their values on others do deserve to be insulted. Insulting someone because they're a religious fanatic is not the same as insulting a religion.

If we take Christianity as an easy example - Brother John, who has decided to devote his life to his religion and spends his time in the monastery praying and working at what he believes God wants of him - fair play to him, he's alright by me. Jerry Falwell however, was an utter twat who I can say without a single twitch of remorse I'm glad is dead. One deeply religious person deserves to be attacked, the other doesn't. It's not about their religion, it's about the way in which some people use their religion to victimise others or for their own ends.

As for questioning rather than insulting, the same applies. I don't think Atheists should go up to quietly religious people and start deconstructing their beliefs, that would be just as bad as the religious fundamentalists. But when we're talking about vocal fanatics who do start actually having an influence on people, there has to be something to counter that. Otherwise you just let them propagate their theories which often encourage closed-mindedness and deferring to a higher authority. It might be upsetting to quietly religious people to see their beliefs debunked publicly but it has to be done for the sake of reason and logic winning out against blind faith and superstition. We don't want to go back to the days of witch hunts and the inquisition.

Way off topic, and probably way over the top... sorry guys. :p

Back