Chrono trigger port for the DS!(confirmed)

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
I was talking about past titles being re-released, so don't come in here trying to act all epic and knowledgable about your precious Square Enix, besides, it's not like I was bashing them anyway, just laying down the truth.

Even in that case, you're still wrong. Square Enix are remaking 2 Star Ocean games at the moment for PSP. You're the one trying to pretend you know Square Enix so well that you know they only remake, and release, FF and DQ games when everything shows that's not true. Sorry, but your "I'm too cool because I'm cynical 8)" attitude just got exposed for what it really is.
Come back when you've played every Final Fantasy. Once again it seems I was right. Ported, not remade.

Lupus Inu said:
Come back when you've played every Final Fantasy.

What does that have to do with anything.

Hah, what a silly, irrelevant, cheap shot failure.

They are making anime sequences (using the expensive Studio I.G.) for both games, and they've remade Front Mission games before, too. Just because it's oddly popular to hate Square Enix for things they absolutely do not do, doesn't mean you can get away with it.

You really shouldn't start a huge arguement over a sarcastic throwaway comment someone has made (with some truth in it). It's not your job to defend Square Enix to the ends of th earth.

If it sells well you can bet it will get a remake too. S-E aren't in love with FF/DQ alone, they're in love with money like most companies who want to stay in business. If it sells well, you can bet they'll milk it.

Example of this theory is FFIV, which got news of a remake for DS not too long after coming out as a port on the GBA. CT has some very vocal 3D-allergic fans who would probably only complain if it was remade without a decent version of the original being in circulation any more anyway.

I never actually liked CT that much (...I know I'm a freak) but my partner will be all over a port of this to replace his old cart as soon as it's released. Might give it another try myself if I ever get through my backlog of handheld games.

R

Espy said:
You really shouldn't start a huge arguement over a sarcastic throwaway comment someone has made (with some truth in it). It's not your job to defend Square Enix to the ends of th earth.

Just leave them and their 'life or death' arguements. Because it happens in nearly every SE related topic

- SE Topic made with Good or Bad news
- Lupus come in and post something bad about SE
- Citizengeek comes in and defends SE with his heart
- They throw sarcastic remarks at each other...
- Members say 'Oh god... here we go again :roll: '
- Sarcastic remarks and comeback with facts goes on for several pages
- They leave the topic to die...
- Then repeat as the next new SE topic comes in.

That is the circle of Life on AUKN

Then there's the odd throw in from Nephatimis...

Espy said:

I often just ignore those grotesquely ignorant comments from the self-appointed anti-Square Enix brigade but after a while it starts to grate. This is a forum, and I can and will discuss whatever I like; including Square Enix. If that bothers you, then don't read what I post. Simple, really.

Grotesque ignorant comments? Which are really starting to grate? The truth hurts, doesn't it, CitizenGeek, you always rush in to defend Square Enix the minute someone speaks negatively of your precious company. It's quite funny, really, how you try to hold an argument and people can see you're wrong from the beginning.

Good effort.

Grotesque ignorant comments? Which are really starting to grate? The truth hurts, doesn't it, CitizenGeek, you always rush in to defend Square Enix the minute someone speaks negatively of your precious company. It's quite funny, really, how you try to hold an argument and people can see you're wrong from the beginning.

Good effort.

Lupus Inu said:

Good effort.

"Truth"? Hah, you're still trying to maintain that you're being truthful with your silly lies about Square Enix, even after I've proven you to be absolutely wrong? That's quite funny.

You're so ridiculous in how you're always the one rushing to attack Square Enix the minute their name is mentioned. It's pathetic, and I think you ought to grow up and stop being so bitter that a company you happen to detest (for absurd reasons) exists and is incredibly popular.

CitizenGeek said:
"Truth"? Hah, you're still trying to maintain that you're being truthful with your silly lies about Square Enix, even after I've proven you to be absolutely wrong? That's quite funny.
No, not really, all you've said is they're remaking Star Ocean, which isn't that big a deal really, and if you're talking about remaking Front Mission on the DS, it's not a remake it's a port.

CitizenGeek said:
You're so ridiculous in how you're always the one rushing to attack Square Enix the minute their name is mentioned. It's pathetic, and I think you ought to grow up and stop being so bitter that a company you happen to detest (for absurd reasons) exists and is incredibly popular.
They deserve to be critisized, these days they're out to make money more than concentrating on one single Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy XIII. But no, they're making FF XIII, FF XIII Agito and FF XIII Versus. Three different titles for one game. Also, I'm not bitter, I enjoyed SE previous work but for the past few years the company has been going to hell and the fanboys deny it.

Lupus Inu said:
No, not really, all you've said is they're remaking Star Ocean, which isn't that big a deal really, and if you're talking about remaking Front Mission on the DS, it's not a remake it's a port.

There have been Front Mission remakes on PS2. But, in any case, your point is redundant because Square Enix are making so many original IPs, a fact that utterly contradicts your point that they only care about FF and DQ.

They deserve to be critisized, these days they're out to make money more than concentrating on one single Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy XIII. But no, they're making FF XIII, FF XIII Agito and FF XIII Versus. Three different titles for one game. Also, I'm not bitter, I enjoyed SE previous work but for the past few years the company has been going to hell and the fanboys deny it.

"Deny" it? Are you serious? Square Enix won the best developer award from IGN last year. Their games continue to rate very highly in reviews. And you're saying it as though it's a fact that Square Enix are degrading, and that fanboys are "denying" it. You're wrong; accept it.

So what if Square Enix have the resources to make more than one Final Fantasy game? It's not like it's slowing down production of FFXIII or anything.

"Your opinion sucks, mine is better, SE is a good company because game sites say so and so do I, stop posting **** about SE you're hurting my feelings and making me went to reply to defend the company I love even though I've only played like five games by them and all of them are Final Fantasy games, my favourites being VII and XII. Final Fantasy VII being an easy game in general which holds your hand the entire length of the game and XII being the poor mans MMO."

Also.

I may be risking my life by telling you this, but Square Enix emits an essence of "passive-aggressive" that is so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics as we know them. But first, let me pose you a question: Is Square Enix actually concerned about any of us or does it just want to promote a pestiferous anti-intellectualism? After reading this letter, you'll undoubtedly find it's the latter. This raises another important point: Square Enix claims to have turned over a new leaf shortly after getting caught trying to promote the total destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group. This claim is an outright lie that is still being circulated by Square Enix's cohorts. The truth is that Square Enix is the hidden hand behind all modern cataclysms. How much more illumination does that fact need before Square Enix can grasp it? Assuming the answer is "a substantial amount", let me point out that if you can make any sense out Square Enix's snivelling, beastly stances then you must have gotten higher marks in school than I did.

Square Enix says that it never engages in illaudable, repulsive, or invidious politics. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life. In a previous letter, I announced my intention to admonish Square Enix not seven times, but seventy times seven. Naturally, this announcement caused Square Enix to mutter abuses befitting its character. Incidents like that truly demonstrate how it twists every argument into some sort of "struggle" between two parties. Square Enix unvaryingly constitutes the underdog party, which is what it claims gives it the right to open the floodgates of materialism. Square Enix uses obscure words like "subjectivoidealistic" and "interparenthetically" to conceal its agenda to transform fear and its inculcation into the preeminent force ruling human existence. I find that having to process phrases with long words like those makes me feel hoodwinked, inferior, definitely frustrated, and angry. That's why I strive for utmost clarity whenever I explain to others that I must ask that Square Enix's hangers-on prevent the production of a new crop of stingy fugitives. I know they'll never do that so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to spoon-feed us its pabulum.

Do you really want Square Enix to glamorize drug usage? I think not. I had a brief conversation recently with some snippy palookas who were trying to utilize legal, above-ground organizing in combination with illegal, underground tactics to present a false image to the world by hiding unpleasant but vitally important realities about Square Enix's scare tactics. That conversation convinced me that Square Enix's revenge fantasies stink. Let's remember that.

What Square Enix doesn't realize is that everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that it's capable of monstrous effrontery and infamous misrepresentation. Well, there's a lot of truth in that cliche. In this land which has befriended the worst kinds of jealous freeloaders there are, Square Enix has conspired, plotted, undermined, prostituted, and corrupted, and -- hiding to this hour behind the braver screen of unregenerate scum -- dares to contrive and scheme the death of every principle that has protected it. Square Enix doesn't want us to break the spell of great expectations that now binds the most malign practitioners of negativism you'll ever see to Square Enix. It would rather we settle for the meatless bone of narcissism. Square Enix's pledge not to break our country's national and patriotic backbone and make it ripe for the slave's yoke of international Lysenkoism is merely empty rhetoric, invoked on occasion for theatrical effect but otherwise studiously ignored. I think that as incredible and bizarre as it sounds, humanity is decidedly the victim of a diabolical conspiracy masterminded by Square Enix to step on other people's toes. You probably think that too. But Square Enix does not think that. Square Enix thinks that black is white and night is day.

Square Enix doesn't want to acknowledge that right is right and wrong is wrong. In fact, Square Enix would rather block all discussion on the subject. I suppose that's because it spouts the same bile in everything it writes, making only slight modifications to suit the issue at hand. The issue Square Enix's excited about this week is credentialism, which says to me that its arguments would be a lot more effective if they were at least accurate or intelligent, not just a load of bull for the sake of being controversial. Even without the inhumane ideology of Jacobinism in the picture, we can still say that I appreciate feedback and other people's views on subjects. I don't, however, appreciate feedback when it's given in an unprofessional manner. So, sorry for being so long-winded in this letter, but the costs of Square Enix's offhand remarks outweigh their benefits.

OMFG SE IZ SOOO AWESOME & IZ FUCKIN DA BEST COMPANY EVERZ!!! U DNT LIK IT, THEN FUK U

Whenever CG posted a comment about SE, this pop up in my mind (yes..> I want to be a heartless tedious bastard. But this topic is like pulling teeth now).

Square-Enix isn't the best company ever... in terms of RPG. Back in the day? Sure... Now? Nope.

There are far other 'better' RPGs. They have a smaller budget, yet they can make better games than what SE churn out these days.

I applaud them for making 'The World Ends With you' which is excellent imo. But judging by your post...

I can say you never played any other RPGs that 'isn't' Square-Enix. And if you have, it's a very minimal number. As always, you're defending a company without trying other games from other company like it's a football team or something.

Lupus Inu said:
"Your opinion sucks, mine is better, SE is a good company because game sites say so and so do I, stop posting **** about SE you're hurting my feelings and making me went to reply to defend the company I love even though I've only played like five games by them and all of them are Final Fantasy games, my favourites being VII and XII. Final Fantasy VII being an easy game in general which holds your hand the entire length of the game and XII being the poor mans MMO."

You're pathetic. The fact you can't back up your ridiculous and ignorant, Nintendo fanboy-induced vitriol with anything even approaching legitimate fact (and instead resort to personal attacks on me, because I happen to like a developer and not like ignorant folk such as yourself spreading false nonsense about it) shows, in clear view, how utterly faulty and misplaced your hatred for Square Enix is.

Thanks for doing my job for me ;]

Chrono Mizaki said:
I can say you never played any other RPGs that 'isn't' Square-Enix. And if you have, it's a very minimal number. As always, you're defending a company without trying other games from other company like it's a football team or something.

Of course I've played RPGs that aren't made by Square Enix. But the fact is that the majority of RPGs that any fan of the genre plays are SE games, simply because they are by far and away the most prolific publisher of such titles.

Square Enix games are also incredibly diverse. Just because it's published by Square Enix doesn't mean that it's going to be similiar to all other SE games. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are totally different series in almost all aspects; and even within those series, there are drastic differences (contrast DQV with DQVIII; FFIV with FFXII etc.). Valkyrie Profile, though published by SE, is nothing like FF or DQ. Kingdom Hearts is totally different to other SE games, too. Same goes for Mario RPG, Star Ocean, Drakengard, Front Mission, SaGa, Chrono Trigger and others.

So, whatever kind of asinine point you were trying to make completely fails. Sorry.

Square-Enix isn't the best company ever... in terms of RPG. Back in the day? Sure... Now? Nope.

That's a matter of opinion; but you're side of the argument is significantly harder to back up.

This debate is just going in circles.

Cause no matter what, this has no end between you and Lupus. And me coming in here is just pointless, I'm a 3rd wheel.

You know what... I have a far better (non) Life. Carry on your pointless debating to the end of the earth for all I care...

Because today, posting in this topic is a pointless thing for me.

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:

You're pathetic. The fact you can't back up your ridiculous and ignorant, Nintendo fanboy-induced vitriol with anything even approaching legitimate fact (and instead resort to personal attacks on me, because I happen to like a developer and not like ignorant folk such as yourself spreading false nonsense about it) shows, in clear view, how utterly faulty and misplaced your hatred for Square Enix is.
A+ post, would read again. By the way, that wasn't a personal attack, that was just translating your post on Babelfish.

Considering you're the guy who goes and joins Nintendo forums just to argue and troll on Nintendo fans as to why Nintendo sucks while PlayStation franchises are better.

Remember guys, CitizenGeek is the best Final Fantasy debater ever, you witnessed it first, he apparently destroyed my ass with his redundant exhausted argument which we've all heard over nine thousand times. Don't be convinced otherwise.

Back