Chrono trigger port for the DS!(confirmed)

This should make one of my friends very happy he is a huge chrono trigger fan and was always going on about it at uni will have to send him a text with the good news

McIcy said:
This should make one of my friends very happy he is a huge chrono trigger fan and was always going on about it at uni will have to send him a text with the good news

Word of warning rumour has it this may just be a port of the original.

*almost faints*
OMG!
i dont care if it is a port or a remake Chrono Trigger is awsome!!!
i hope they make some small touches up here and there to make it look decent...
when i saw this news on several blogging sites i was very suprised.

Wow! Thanks for bringing this news to me!

I love Chrono Trigger, it's one of my favourites things ever! I'm seriously ridiculously happy right now!

Even if it's a port its still good news isn't it? Square Enix are going to busy what with the three different versions of FFXIII, the FF game on PSP, The FF IV remake, The Dragon Quest games, and then the three(maybe two) different Kingdom Heart games that are coming out...

Actually i could see them doing the same thing they did with FFIII and IV on DS, and remake the game instead of a straight up port

I would sell my Grandmother for a straight-up, non-enhanced port. I love Chrono Trigger.

Ninja Boy! said:
hopefully a PAL version will come out

Even if it doesn't (and i would be surprised if that happened) most likely it will come out in america and then we can import :wink: God bless the region free DS!

BlackWolf said:
Ninja Boy! said:
hopefully a PAL version will come out

Even if it doesn't (and i would be surprised if that happened) most likely it will come out in america and then we can import :wink: God bless the region free DS!

the importing is a no brainer but i say we should hopefully get a PAL version because i like to support the UK industry (cutting down on importing) and also the fact that Chrono Trigger never got a PAL release when it initialy came out for the SNES. (only released in america and Japan)

I'll get it to see what the hype is about. Been hearing about it for years, so it better hadn't be a letdown... >_>

Actually looking at the article that Ninja Boy! posted, its a strange move by square only modifing the game to offer touch screen functionality (and of course the new dungeon and the Wifi play) instead of remaking the whole game from scratch like i mentioned earlier. Also i did wonder why they never bothered giving Chrono Trigger a Virtual Console release. Does this mean though that the sequel will be given a DS release as well?

This news is so great! I can't wait to finally play the game I've heard others rave about for years!

Lupus Inu said:
If it's not Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest I'm betting it's just a port.

You know nothing about Square Enix. The World Ends With You, Valkyrie Profile DS, Infinite Undiscovery, Front Mission 2089, The Last Remnant, EQ, Nanashi No Geemu, Soul Easter, an unnamed MMO, DS Style suff - all original games from Square Enix coming out soon, or recently released, and none of them are FF or DQ. What more do you expect of them? I know you're trying to be clever and cynical, but when you've no basis for it, it falls completely and utterly on it's face.

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:

You know nothing about Square Enix. The World Ends With You, Valkyrie Profile DS, Infinite Undiscovery, Front Mission 2089, The Last Remnant, EQ, Nanashi No Geemu, Soul Easter, an unnamed MMO, DS Style suff - all original games from Square Enix coming out soon, or recently released, and none of them are FF or DQ. What more do you expect of them? I know you're trying to be clever and cynical, but when you've no basis for it, it falls completely and utterly on it's face.
I was talking about past titles being re-released, so don't come in here trying to act all epic and knowledgable about your precious Square Enix, besides, it's not like I was bashing them anyway, just laying down the truth.

CitizenGeek said:
This news is so great! I can't wait to finally play the game I've heard others rave about for years!

Lupus Inu said:

You know nothing about Square Enix. The World Ends With You, Valkyrie Profile DS, Infinite Undiscovery, Front Mission 2089, The Last Remnant, EQ, Nanashi No Geemu, Soul Easter, an unnamed MMO, DS Style suff - .

You forgot Sigma Harmonics... which I am very looking forward to indeed <3 (baring the fact that the DOC team are working on it)

Lupus Inu said:
I was talking about past titles being re-released, so don't come in here trying to act all epic and knowledgable about your precious Square Enix, besides, it's not like I was bashing them anyway, just laying down the truth.

Even in that case, you're still wrong. Square Enix are remaking 2 Star Ocean games at the moment for PSP. You're the one trying to pretend you know Square Enix so well that you know they only remake, and release, FF and DQ games when everything shows that's not true. Sorry, but your "I'm too cool because I'm cynical 8)" attitude just got exposed for what it really is.

Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35888.html and the truth it is, PORT!!!!

Even though it's just a port, the DS trailer still made me smile. Besides... even though I completed it over and over again, I still want to own it on the DS.

And I shall... because I hope it might become a success, which hopefully SE could start producing sequel for... (as long as Masato Kato comes back. We need him)

Besides... they haven't shown the touchscreen features D=

Back