Character battle General Chit-Chat/Questions

Arbalest said:
Chaz said:
Otaku-san said:
Ooo this should be cool, since I can vote for this year

anyone bet that Haruhi will be in it?
She's gonna be a nominee anyways ;)

I think she could be in it this time..i'll need to check later..i have a rough idea of who isn't in it anyways.

If she is, I reckon she'll take it home for the gals battle :D

Deidara said:
Tachi- said:
I VOTE FOR KON TO WIN

Seconded!

Naw, really, I still haven't got my head around the rules >_>. Someone enlighten meh, please?

im not entirely sure so i might be makin a complete **** of myself here. but i think that the battle is a poll between two characters, whoever gets the most votes wins the battle

not sure how the characters are selected to if their allowed to participate. does paul and ryo chan and arablast just decide certain characters are in?
or is it up to the members to decide in a seperate thread which characters they want to include. someone tally's up how many times each character is given up for inclusion then the ones with the most are added to the battle selection,

awwell if im wrong that was a good attempt on working it out.

Deidara and Tachi-, just look at the previous battles.
Arbalest said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:
chaos said:
Let me see if I got this right.
First, create a team with characters as per rules. Then, there will be matches (polls) between my choices and someone else? Is that so? Then people just vote in whichever character they prefer?

In other words a popularity contest?

basicly yes, it is a popularity contest

however no one chooses the teams, they're randomly chosen

you just choose who'll compete
=) Interesting. I like randomness as most people are aware by now. ;)

I've visited the last years battles and I remember people talking about creating sigs, banners, and all kind of arty stuff. Is it necessary, or just part of the tradition?

I've noticed that paul disabled the sigs (there is a post saying that above or in some other place, can't tell from the top of my head...)

Yeah the sigs where disabled not to long after last years battle finished, people where basically ignoring the rules laid out so to make things easier there, Paul just removed them. Tis up to Paul if any banners or whatever are allowed this time round, i expect not but it won't be bad in anyway.
Even if we don't get sigs temporarily, I'll still be putting my banner(s) as an embedded image to get around that (assuming that doesn't get disallowed).

Tachi- said:
Deidara said:
Tachi- said:
I VOTE FOR KON TO WIN

Seconded!

Naw, really, I still haven't got my head around the rules >_>. Someone enlighten meh, please?

im not entirely sure so i might be makin a complete **** of myself here. but i think that the battle is a poll between two characters, whoever gets the most votes wins the battle

not sure how the characters are selected to if their allowed to participate. does paul and ryo chan and arablast just decide certain characters are in?
or is it up to the members to decide in a seperate thread which characters they want to include. someone tally's up how many times each character is given up for inclusion then the ones with the most are added to the battle selection,

awwell if im wrong that was a good attempt on working it out.

Basically this time round, there is no pre-selected characters in the main or tag battles at all, they are all nominated this time round. So basically instead of having to get countless people to all vote for one character, there is a much higher chance that just getting nominated once will get the character in. I expect we have a limit, but i'll ask Ryo later or have him confirm that here.

When it comes to the battles for the main contest, it'll be set out much like you can see in the previous years, 07 and 05. The tag battles will be roughly the same but obviously as tag team matches instead.

Wait, wait... I just figured something out...
Lupus Inu pointed something out... Wasn't Haruhi, Revi, Batou and Motoko in the fights last year? And since they're coaching, they wont be in the fights this year....
Man... that is a bummer. Guess there's no Haruhi-ism this time, unless you vote Kyon and such.

Common Konata!!
Edit, Ack! Nvm, there's a thread already saying that... Well, time to keep things rolling then!

Tasker said:
When can we post our lists by the way?

If Ryo would reply to IM's i'd know the answer to that ;p but can't help you currently.

Tachi-: you where right about how the battles work yeah, 2 put against each other in polls really.

u never pm'd me though :p

but to answer the questions

the main parts of the battle will be 1 on 1's however, depending on how many entrants we get, we may have a round or two of 3 or more at the start.

and I will start a thread for the lists just before 9pm tomorrow

considering Haruhi didn't get very far in the last battle (BATLLE ROYAL!!!)

what makes us think that Konata will get any further? i'll be surprised if she does

Well, lots of new members are joining, which will probably make a difference to those who did poorly. I already have three or five friends who have joined, just for this event. Hopefully the admins won't mind if they only join for that.

Could someone also explain how the battle royale works? Is it that all the characters are piled together and vote who goes through or are they divided up into groups to see who battles?

I'm gonna ask here, since it is baffling me a bit. How can Kon be in this competition, i mean, its not like he's human at all, i'd say he can't really be male or female. sure he has his own personality but thats it. =/ Ryo should've noticed, guys where his job this year =p

if you want to get technical the same would go for Buu wouldn't it :p

when did the rules say that had to be human anyway? aslong as they have a soul, they class as living

and Kon is a mod "soul"

I think Kon identifies as male. Or it would traumatise testosterone-charged Bleach fans and undermine Ichigo's overflowing masculinity somehow.

Also he is usually naked, and watching old cartoons has taught me that the female animals/toys always wear a dress. So he can't be female. QED.

R

Rui said:
I think Kon identifies as male. Or it would traumatise testosterone-charged Bleach fans and undermine Ichigo's overflowing masculinity somehow.

Also he is usually naked, and watching old cartoons has taught me that the female animals/toys always wear a dress. So he can't be female. QED.

R

that or he's a lesbian ;)

Arbalest said:
i mean, its not like he's human at all, i'd say he can't really be male or female. sure he has his own personality but thats it. =/
Well, if you're going to take it that far, I'd say that CC, Lain, Alpha, Horo, Lucy, Lust, Eclair, Ryo-Ohki... and many others... could also be disqualified for not being human :p

Just apply some "eh, close enough" to each character. If the majority of people consider a character to be that sex, then go with it.

Back