Character battle General Chit-Chat/Questions

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Otaku-san said:
well what's the characters VO? we can just put it to that

That's true but it would make Kenshin (RK)/Kurama (YYH)/Naruto and Son Goku (DBZ) girls which might make some people cry :)

I suppose so long as it's only done when their physical gender isn't made clear...

R
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Ramadahl said:
Arbalest said:
i mean, its not like he's human at all, i'd say he can't really be male or female. sure he has his own personality but thats it. =/
Well, if you're going to take it that far, I'd say that CC, Lain, Alpha, Horo, Lucy, Lust, Eclair, Ryo-Ohki... and many others... could also be disqualified for not being human :p

Just apply some "eh, close enough" to each character. If the majority of people consider a character to be that sex, then go with it.

I guess yeah, i shouldn't have gone for the whole alien excuse then :p It was just that i was never really quite sure how he'd fit in. Being a mod soul he can go into any body if you think about it. But there we go.
 

Ramadahl

Hunter
Arbalest said:
I guess yeah, i shouldn't have gone for the whole alien excuse then :p It was just that i was never really quite sure how he'd fit in. Being a mod soul he can go into any body if you think about it. But there we go.
Nah, you've got a point, it's just that I don't think Bleach is the kinda series to consider the gender-identity of a character who's effectively just a soul. Now if it was Simoun or Kaiba we'd be on different ground entirely, but with Bleach you're probably safe assuming that if he acts like (a stereotype of) a guy, he's a guy. It's the kind of series where they call a spade a spade. And rescuing a damsel in distress a really cool and original story idea >.>

I figure it's gonna be a moot point anyhow, as if he gets through the first round it's gonna be a fluke at best.
 

Dracos

Dragon Knight
I own and watch a lot of anime but this whole thing is making me realise how many shows I have not seen.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
chaos said:
Gendo, Mikami and Kon were tied and had valid votes, so why gendo and Kon didn't go through?

We don't go fully by the polls...it makes me wonder why we actually put them up but still, in post votes, Mikami had 6, hence why he went through and not gendo and Kon.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Bah, only two votes for Balsa so far, Seirei no Moribito was great, shame only a few have seen it =/
 

Ramadahl

Hunter
Arbalest said:
Bah, only two votes for Balsa so far, Seirei no Moribito was great, shame only a few have seen it =/
And one of the votes was mine, even though I haven't seen it ^^;

People not voting for a character you nominated because they're from a series not many have seen? I have that ALL THE TIME. Yeah.
 

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
to answer the questions 2 people couldn't get on and thus e-mailed me/pm'd about it and asked if i would accept their votes for this round

1 of which was Mikami

however if it's going to cause this much of an uproar i'll start a sudden death for them instead
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Leave it alone, Gendo, Kon and Mikami are shallow, awful characters. Its not worth it.

Its not like they are going to win the thing, so its hardly a big difference.
 

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Jayme said:
Leave it alone, Gendo, Kon and Mikami are shallow, awful characters. Its not worth it.
GENDOU'S SHALLOW AND AWFUL, WUT!?

Nodaka and Aisha Clan-Clan over Noriko Takaya!? I think I've lost faith in the anime fandom once and for all.
 

Ramadahl

Hunter
Ryo Chan said:
however if it's going to cause this much of an uproar i'll start a sudden death for them instead
S'okay, may as well leave things as is. Not as if any of them are/were gonna get very far anyways.
 

Chaz

Chuunibyou
Lupus Inu said:
Jayme said:
Leave it alone, Gendo, Kon and Mikami are shallow, awful characters. Its not worth it.
GENDOU'S SHALLOW AND AWFUL, WUT!?

Nodaka and Aisha Clan-Clan over Noriko Takaya!? I think I've lost faith in the anime fandom once and for all.
Yeah, I'm suprised that Ashia is doing well, but I guessed Nodaka would get some "shy girl" favouritism. It's just funny that one of the most frenzied in the fight is struggling against a bookworm. :lol:
 

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Judging from all the characters getting through so far expect one or two... I probably won't be participating in the next character battle.
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
To be honest most of the characters actually getting through hold little to no interest to me. :(
 

Ramadahl

Hunter
Lupus Inu said:
Judging from all the characters getting through so far expect one or two... I probably won't be participating in the next character battle.
Honestly, right from the first character battle practically no characters I like get very far.

Still, I figure I may as well keep voting for them. Who knows? Maybe one day people'll realise how great they are. Or maybe some people'll be interested enough to check out the series.
Heh, "hope springs eternal", I guess ^^;
 
Top