Character battle General Chit-Chat/Questions

It's almost set in stone that a One Piece character will win. Of course since I picked some actually decent characters from anime that get ignored, because they're not what fit in with popular anime, they will not get far.
Sy said:
To be honest most of the characters actually getting through hold little to no interest to me. :(
Same.

Maxon said:
It's almost set in stone that a One Piece character will win.
What's wrong with that? At least the One Piece character will be a good one unlike most characters gone through so far.

good god you lot sound like kids sulking cause their fav char is out :D

You make it sound like it's rigged so a one piece char will win

i'm sure paul will tell you any day if it was rigged there wouldn't even be any one piece chars in :D

if you don't want to participate that's fine, no one forces you to, but atleast don't bring it down for people who are enjoying it

if you don't want a character to win, band together and vote for someone who can knock them out

Lupus Inu said:
What's wrong with that? At least the One Piece character will be a good one unlike most characters gone through so far.

I rarely agree with you but this is a good point :)

I'm more surprised at the popular characters who haven't made it than those who have. Aisha was a surprise.

It's uncool to like Naruto now (as far as I can tell) but things like Bleach/OP/GITS are naturally going to stomp other shows with lower viewerships. My poor medicine seller got one vote... but then his two series are more obscure than Geass or Bebop.

R

Ryo Chan said:

i'm sure paul will tell you any day if it was rigged there wouldn't even be any one piece chars in :D

if you don't want to participate that's fine, no one forces you to, but atleast don't bring it down for people who are enjoying it

if you don't want a character to win, band together and vote for someone who can knock them out

Ryo Chan said:
Be fair now, I've been moaning about how character battles have gone since forever :p
Not that I dislike them, mind you.

Ryo Chan said:
I doubt anyone with any sense will accuse you or Arbalest of rigging the contest.

Ryo Chan said:
I think mourning the loss of characters is just as much a part as celebrating victories.

Ryo Chan said:
Easier said than done.

My beloved Noriko never made it through, but Kallen still carry on her will, in a less epic way regardless.

Ryo Chan said:

Ryo Chan said:
sound like kids sulking cause their fav char is out :D

Ryo Chan said:
cause their fav char is out :D

Ryo Chan said:

Oh so exploitable. We all know you wouldn't rig it, no need to say such a thing. lol.

Ryo Chan said:
As much as I like Nodaka (Negima), I call for a cout de'ant! :D
The queen of cat-girls must stand before finals! Make way for Aisha, infidels!

Lupus Inu said:
My beloved Noriko never made it through, but Kallen still carry on her will, in a less epic way regardless.

Ryo Chan said:

Ryo Chan said:
sound like kids sulking cause their fav char is out :D

Ryo Chan said:
cause their fav char is out :D

Ryo Chan said:

Oh so exploitable. We all know you wouldn't rig it, no need to say such a thing. lol.

i dunno, you should of heard the amount of people accusing us of it last year, guess i'm just too use to it

Lupus Inu said:
Maxon said:
I never said they were crap. I only said it was set in stone.

And where the hell did this rigging nonsense come from? Am I not allowed to imply that a One Piece character will win fairly, even if it's undesirable?

Maxon said:
Lupus Inu said:
Maxon said:
I never said they were crap. I only said it was set in stone.

And where the hell did this rigging nonsense come from? Am I not allowed to imply that a One Piece character will win fairly, even if it's undesirable?

not saying that at all

as i said, it's just something that kept popping up last battle

Everyone should vote Kenpachi (bleach) to win. he's the only decent char that deserves the win

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
Everyone should vote Kenpachi (bleach) to win. he's the only decent char that deserves the win

Is he even nominated? :p

He's in, but he isn't the only character that deserves to win =p I'd prefer him to any death note character though.

Next Year, Long Time I know.. Two Competitions should go on.

Immensely popular shonen/hyped characters, 1. All the other characters, 2.

Jayme said:

what makes u think there will be a next year ;)

Ryo Chan said:
Jayme said:

what makes u think there will be a next year ;)
Unless your taking an early retirement, There'll be a next year.

Wow, weird round this time - people are voting for characters I like! Yay. And, barring a massive change, it looks like they'll get through.

Also, anyone who hasn't read GTO really should give it a go. The first volume's arguably a little iffy, but it's still pretty funny and it only gets better from there. Oh yeah, go with the manga rather than the anime, btw. The manga actually has, y'know, an ending.

Back