Character battle General Chit-Chat/Questions

Ramadahl said:
Wow, weird round this time - people are voting for characters I like! Yay. And, barring a massive change, it looks like they'll get through.

Also, anyone who hasn't read GTO really should give it a go. The first volume's arguably a little iffy, but it's still pretty funny and it only gets better from there. Oh yeah, go with the manga rather than the anime, btw. The manga actually has, y'know, an ending.
Yeah, GTO is awesome. It was the first manga I've bought after I've moved to England, so It also has some sentimental value as well =D
Seriously, I keep wondering why the series never made it to the UK.... anyway, have you seem the movies? I wanted an opinion about them..

Jayme said:
Next Year, Long Time I know.. Two Competitions should go on.

Immensely popular shonen/hyped characters, 1. All the other characters, 2.
Or maybe next year we should have seperate battles for the Moé characters and then another one for characters with actual merits. ;)

Sy said:
Jayme said:
Next Year, Long Time I know.. Two Competitions should go on.

Immensely popular shonen/hyped characters, 1. All the other characters, 2.
Or maybe next year we should have seperate battles for the Moé characters and then another one for characters with actual merits. ;)

next year, i think we need to make it smaller XD

Well at least Yotsuba got through this time. :)

bg.jpg

chaos said:
Seriously, I keep wondering why the series never made it to the UK.... anyway, have you seem the movies? I wanted an opinion about them..
I haven't seen them myself, but the grapevine told me that they're not so good becuase they make Onizuka out to be incompetent and getting through purely on luck - as aversed to being incompetent, but with some crowning moments of awesome.

For some reason, round 6 of the character batlles is oddly close, especially the guys. The girls is more of a 3-way. The votes for Ryoko kinda surprised me, I knew Tenchi Muyo was a classic but I never realised it was so popular.

Ramadahl said:
chaos said:
I haven't seen them myself, but the grapevine told me that they're not so good becuase they make Onizuka out to be incompetent and getting through purely on luck - as aversed to being incompetent, but with some crowning moments of awesome.

For some reason, round 6 of the character batlles is oddly close, especially the guys. The girls is more of a 3-way. The votes for Ryoko kinda surprised me, I knew Tenchi Muyo was a classic but I never realised it was so popular.

I think its good Ryoko made it through personally, i mean it makes a bit of a change from having the newer characters through. The girls match this time round has been good, i mean now we get two characters which may have, at first glance, looked as if they had no chance of going through, getting through(since now i presume Rakka has got a strong enough lead)

Also, i'll say this here, because of work not having me on night shift all the time, i'm working tonight from 6, so i can't get the next battle up till 10-half 10 tonight, so i hope you don't mind a little wait =/

Arbalest said:
..Also, i'll say this here, because of work not having me on night shift all the time, i'm working tonight from 6, so i can't get the next battle up till 10-half 10 tonight, so i hope you don't mind a little wait =/
you'll be missed... ;D
Anyway, I'm sad Konata didn't make it through, I'm happy another awesome character got through.

chaos said:
Arbalest said:
..Also, i'll say this here, because of work not having me on night shift all the time, i'm working tonight from 6, so i can't get the next battle up till 10-half 10 tonight, so i hope you don't mind a little wait =/
you'll be missed... ;D
Anyway, I'm sad Konata didn't make it through, I'm happy another awesome character got through.

i think you missed the part where i said, next round isn't starting till Konata wins ;)

Ryo Chan said:
chaos said:
Arbalest said:
you'll be missed... ;D

i think you missed the part where i said, next round isn't starting till Konata wins ;)
LOL, can I vote several times? this should fix the problem..

Ramadahl said:
Maxon said:
Poor Gai. He never gets a break.
Eh, he's not a bad character, but with two characters I nominated against him I wasn't going to be voting for him any time soon. Plus, while he was cool, I always preferred Akito.
Maxon said:
Ramadahl said:
The girls is more of a 3-way.
Giggiddy.
Oh, there's always one >_<

he's quagmire, quagmire, u never really know what he'll do next.
he's quagmire, quagmire, giggiddy giggidy, giggidy, giggidy, lets have ***

Ramadahl said:
Maxon said:
Poor Gai. He never gets a break.
Eh, he's not a bad character, but with two characters I nominated against him I wasn't going to be voting for him any time soon. Plus, while he was cool, I always preferred Akito.
It was the other way round for me. I still really like Akito. He's like Shinji, but good.
Ryo Chan said:
he's quagmire, quagmire, u never really know what he'll do next.
he's quagmire, quagmire, giggiddy giggidy, giggidy, giggidy, lets have ***
Giggiddy giggiddy goo!

I just totaly missed voting on Round 1 Battle 8!! O_O

How the hell did that happen?

::scratches head::

Can't even remember what characters were mine, So could someone please give me a link to the topic were we posted our brawlers? o_o

Just had a quick look at the ones who made it through to the second round - I count 5 from One Piece, 3 from Bleach and 2 from Naruto, guess the big 3 are still going strong as ever. And that's considering that the main characters from each one were already exempt (2 from OP).

Then there's characters from series so popular you'd bet on at least one character from them getting through - series like Berserk, GitS, Haruhi, FMA, Hellsing, FMP!, Eva, Death Note.

I was quite surprised by the larger representation of older shows compared to newer shows, with Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star and Slayers among others still in, with only nominal entries from more recent things like Code Geass and Lucky Star.

I'm also in despair that not one but two characters by Ken Akamatsu got through. Srsly people...

In spite of my predictions, one of the characters I nominated actually got through. Yay. Even though all the others lost and lost hard. I'm also happy that Yotsuba got through despite not being animated ^^;

Ramadahl said:
I'm also in despair that not one but two characters by Ken Akamatsu got through. Srsly people...
The token loli witch is needed, but it should have been Schierke from Berserk.

Back