Brexit and the UK Anime Industry!

Can't see us remaining in the customs union. May has said that she's got an open mind, but in reality too much has been made of us now being able to negotiate our own international trade, which we won't be able to do if we continue in the customs union. I suspect we'll end up with either bilateral free trade agreements or, a fudged access of EFTA/EEA which would give us access to the single market, but not necessarily having to retain membership of the customs union. Although we'd still have freedom of movement which is obviously another big issue.

On the other hand, whilst potentially bad news for domestic anime licensors/manafacturers, free trade deals with Japan and the US would make importing far easier and cheaper...

I think the key issue right now is if the downturn in the UK economy is just the shockwaves of the referendum choice or (as sources are increasingly suggesting) a sharp eye opener that we would be significantly worse off outside the EU.

I won't disagree the ripples caused by this shambles have made the whole situation beyond awkward but does government really want to nuke the economy and UK presence on the world stage just to please what is mostly out of touch Daily Mail readers?

HellCat said:
I won't disagree the ripples caused by this shambles have made the whole situation beyond awkward but does government really want to nuke the economy and UK presence on the world stage just to please what is mostly out of touch Daily Mail readers?

Considering the government is a bunch of out of touch toffs who couldn't care less about the concerns of anyine earning less than them, I'd say yes.

If the entire Tory party was strung up from Downing Street's lamp posts with piano wire, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Back