Blighty Otaku - Anime, Manga, Games, Tech and whatever

demonix

Hunter
Some might know this already if you frequent the UK-A forums and had frequented the anime limited thread in the anime industry discussions section when I posted the video regarding Lucky Star, I started my own youtube channel last year as an addition to my blog (which I haven't been using much) which had been dormant for a few years and I decided to revive (and I haven't been doing that properly).

Most of my content at the moment is tech related (because I'm working on converting an £80 refurbished celeron PC into a gaming system) with the odd anime and manga unboxing and the monthly humble monthly "unboxing" (there are a few game related videos, but the early ones were hampered by problems with the capture software and were scrapped and the more recent ones were only put in because I was testing capture on the refurb with its hardware upgrades).

So if you're in the market for videos filmed on a fake HD camcorder and a commentator who can't stay on track, ten this is the channel for you (and I also suck at promotion).

Linkage to the channel

And FYI, don't go watching the "Another unboxing and test video" video since I don't want molebeat getting any money off of it since they can't even do their job of targeting illegal streamers properly (and I haven't even bothered contesting the content ID claim since I know that I'll screw it up).

Here's the first two videos linked here which are of course for the April 2017 humble monthly bundle (first video mentions the games and the second is of gameplay with some audio removal due to content ID claim from the publisher)

I would have been posting my latest video today which was the unboxing of Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon, but I won't be since like what has happened to @HdE the video has been content ID claimed by YAM112003 (although they're trying to act more official by adding bandai channel to their name) which will also lead to the scrapping of any tests regardless of if I decide to file a counter claim.

I would have been posting my latest video today which was the unboxing of Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon, but I won't be since like what has happened to @HdE the video has been content ID claimed by YAM112003 (although they're trying to act more official by adding bandai channel to their name) which will also lead to the scrapping of any tests regardless of if I decide to file a counter claim.

So they're now outright lying about being affiliated to Bandai somehow, eh?

Take that direct to the Google product forums. They need to be shut down. Also, please feel free to send me a PM for some advice about how to deal with them. Provided you haven't used any video footage or key art in your video, they shouldn't have a leg to stand on.

This might be as good a time as any to mention that I'll be migrating my content over to Vid.me in the near future. The ******** on Youtube has gotten out of hand. And with revenue tanking since advertisers started jumping ship in droves, it's no longer a viable platform for smaller creators trying to approach it as a business.

Provided you haven't used any video footage or key art in your video, they shouldn't have a leg to stand on.
It was the video test that was claimed on (but surprisingly not the whole test was claimed like what happened with molebeat and was the reason why I stopped doing extended playback tests) and the claim only resulted in a block on watching the video in Japan which possibly means that they might be working with bandai and like with what happened after gearbox software made a deal with G2A, they probably don't know how untrustworthy they are (I could easily tweet them, but I don't want to risk any google translate errors).

As for the advertising issue, the blame for that is all down to the WSJ and their fake news story stating that adverts were being shown where they shouldn't have been (and even the big name youtubers don't keep all their eggs in the youtube ad revenue basket and have multiple sources like affiliate schemes from big name online etailers and patreon to name a few which might only be viable with a few thousand subscribers).

I also have a channel on dailymotion, but I stopped using that because they have no way to automatically control spam in the comments.

Interesting stuff you've brought to light there, Demonix.

Make sure you ABSOLUTELY dispute that claim, though. I hear the process whereby copyright claims are made and the dispute process has changed somewhat to give Youtubers a fighting chance. But it's abundantly clear that YAM112003 are determined to keep up their dubious antics.

Until I actually sort this issue out, I'm reverting back to my post molebeat plan regarding unboxings and I'm now only going to do a video if I can make it interesting (and of course I want anyone who doesn't need to rely on google translate to do Japanese to make bandai channel aware of this if their name is being used without permission or make them aware of what scumbags they've teamed up with if they are aware of this).

I've also started a little unscientific challenge between three known book sellers to see which one can get one item to me first (and one has already taken the lead by shipping out first).

And the winner has already arrived (as has already been shown), but also there was an issue with the item (in that being that part of the back had been torn off in transit) which has already been dealt with (a replacement has already been sent, and I don't even have to return the damaged copy which is nice).

It might not exactly be related, but since I was posting the second place in my manga delivery challenge unboxing video I thought that I'd add the unboxing and test of the new PC headset I purchased as well.

And third place (book depository) came yesterday along with the replacement copy of interviews with monster girls vol.2 in another unsealed envelope (although I do mention what I feel is why it was happening).

Since nobody seems to be interested in my headset unboxing video (the view count is still at zero whilst all my keyboard unboxings have gotten several hundred each), I decided to do a recording of my current xcom 2 campaign (which is just a test to see if all the mods I've chosen thus far are playing nice together) to test the microphone (but some of the names of the troops will look familiar).

In addition (for the one person (if they're even here and if they watched the whole thing) who watched it) I'm still working on the character pool for my all anime character xcom 2 character pool playthrough but things are at a bit of a standstill since apart from the limited amount of customisation (even with mods since there isn't a proper Japanese voice pack available) I still have to make convincing backstories for each characters biography and I've only managed to get around three done (with one set which I got from nexus mods needing some modification) out of the around fifteen characters I've already created (I have thought about making a call to arms video requesting help getting the character pool completed, but I couldn't be sure if enough people would have the game to create the extra characters I'd need).

Rant mode had been engaged with this one the second I picked it up at the sorting office since from the look of the while you were out card it looked like I'd screwed up somewhere and someone had found my details (or enough of them to be able to send a package) on one of my videos as the card also stated it was a parcel, but what I picked up was a large letter envelope with please do not bend printed on it which just contained two pieces of card that had the results of the course I'd taken in March on them (which is why I chose that name for the video).

Not to worry, as normal service should be resumed shortly probably with another xcom 2 video.

And normal service is resumed with the aforementioned xcom 2 video where I ended up screwing up in the second mission where I ended up putting the VIP within shooting distance of 3 mutons, and I still ended up with no lost soldiers even after going into melee combat with one of them (which you should never do in any circumstance).

I also added a short circuit reference (although the new spark unit did a lot better).

With all the problems I'd been having with OBS studio cutting out the microphone on my new USB headset, I decided to install the latest version (which is 18.0.1 while I had version 18 installed before) and while I decided to do a test to see if it didn't decide to muck around with the settings, once that was done (and I didn't end up with a rage inducing moment where I had to kill OBS studio and restart it again since normality was kept) I decided to record the next two missions which included the first blacksite raid (along with one of my sharpshooters missing almost every pistol shot in the first mission and redeeming herself in the blacksite raid).

As the first weekend of the month is fast approaching, it will soon be time for another humble monthly unboxing and game test (as long as there aren't any copyright issues with the music this time), also there is the matter of the one year anniversary of the channel (while I created the channel in late May, I only started uploading content in early June) which I will be uploading a full game playthrough of Copoka.

The remainder of the May humble monthly bundle unlocked yesterday, so here is what was on offer along with the early unlock for the June humble monthly bundle.

The gameplay video will be coming tomorrow as I ended up installing all the games (including the 30+GB download for DiRT Rally) and didn't have much time for doing any capture apart from some tests.

Better late then never, here's the gameplay section now recorded using the crappy microphone on the zalman headset since OBS studio took a dump on the steelseries USB headset.

A triple play here with the unboxing, setup and test (yes, I did decide to do a live typing and game test this time) of the Steelseries Apex [RAW] keyboard (and yes this thing is a monster on this postage stamp called a desk) along with the unboxing and boot test of the sound of the sky blu-ray collection.

With all the issues I've been having with OBS Studio mucking around with the default audio settings, I decided to do a capture test with nVidia shadowplay but there still needs to be some tweaking as that 32 minute video took up over 4GB of space (also the audio issues seem to be more likely to be hardware related as I had the issue crop up again without OBS studio running and I think the issue is down to the front USB ports on this crappy case or a loose connection on the header).

While I didn't want to mention any of the plans I had going beyond my first year on youtube, but all the drama with wargaming that started at the end of last week and most likely is still going on after what their North American branch decided to do when they put their size twenties into what wasn't any of their responsibility forced my hand after two of the wargaming community contributors (whom I'm subscribed to privately) made announcements that they were leaving the program for specific reasons surrounding the WGNA contribution and I felt that regardless of whatever has now been said I could end up at risk of a copyright strike that could harm the channel and one of the planned video projects I had for going beyond the first year is now on hold and won't be started until several months after the one year celebration has ended.

I was going to provide a direct link, but there seems to be no way to stop the system from automatically changing the link into a direct video.

To end the drama for the moment, and even though I had to be up early today for my fortnightly appointment at the jobcentre (even though that wasn't until two in the afternoon) I decided to continue my nvidia shadowplay capture test running it at its lowest possible bitrate settings for video.

Back