1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Blighty Otaku - Anime, Manga, Games, Tech and whatever

Discussion in 'Creative Arena' started by demonix, Apr 6, 2017.

1. demonix

demonix Adventurer

Some might know this already if you frequent the UK-A forums and had frequented the anime limited thread in the anime industry discussions section when I posted the video regarding Lucky Star, I started my own youtube channel last year as an addition to my blog (which I haven't been using much) which had been dormant for a few years and I decided to revive (and I haven't been doing that properly).

Most of my content at the moment is tech related (because I'm working on converting an £80 refurbished celeron PC into a gaming system) with the odd anime and manga unboxing and the monthly humble monthly "unboxing" (there are a few game related videos, but the early ones were hampered by problems with the capture software and were scrapped and the more recent ones were only put in because I was testing capture on the refurb with its hardware upgrades).

So if you're in the market for videos filmed on a fake HD camcorder and a commentator who can't stay on track, ten this is the channel for you (and I also suck at promotion).

Linkage to the channel

And FYI, don't go watching the "Another unboxing and test video" video since I don't want molebeat getting any money off of it since they can't even do their job of targeting illegal streamers properly (and I haven't even bothered contesting the content ID claim since I know that I'll screw it up).

2. demonix

demonix Adventurer

Here's the first two videos linked here which are of course for the April 2017 humble monthly bundle (first video mentions the games and the second is of gameplay with some audio removal due to content ID claim from the publisher)

3. demonix

demonix Adventurer

I would have been posting my latest video today which was the unboxing of Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon, but I won't be since like what has happened to @HdE the video has been content ID claimed by YAM112003 (although they're trying to act more official by adding bandai channel to their name) which will also lead to the scrapping of any tests regardless of if I decide to file a counter claim.

4. HdE

HdE Comic Book Guy

So they're now outright lying about being affiliated to Bandai somehow, eh?

Take that direct to the Google product forums. They need to be shut down. Also, please feel free to send me a PM for some advice about how to deal with them. Provided you haven't used any video footage or key art in your video, they shouldn't have a leg to stand on.

This might be as good a time as any to mention that I'll be migrating my content over to Vid.me in the near future. The ******** on Youtube has gotten out of hand. And with revenue tanking since advertisers started jumping ship in droves, it's no longer a viable platform for smaller creators trying to approach it as a business.

5. demonix

demonix Adventurer

It was the video test that was claimed on (but surprisingly not the whole test was claimed like what happened with molebeat and was the reason why I stopped doing extended playback tests) and the claim only resulted in a block on watching the video in Japan which possibly means that they might be working with bandai and like with what happened after gearbox software made a deal with G2A, they probably don't know how untrustworthy they are (I could easily tweet them, but I don't want to risk any google translate errors).

As for the advertising issue, the blame for that is all down to the WSJ and their fake news story stating that adverts were being shown where they shouldn't have been (and even the big name youtubers don't keep all their eggs in the youtube ad revenue basket and have multiple sources like affiliate schemes from big name online etailers and patreon to name a few which might only be viable with a few thousand subscribers).

I also have a channel on dailymotion, but I stopped using that because they have no way to automatically control spam in the comments.

6. HdE

HdE Comic Book Guy

Interesting stuff you've brought to light there, Demonix.

Make sure you ABSOLUTELY dispute that claim, though. I hear the process whereby copyright claims are made and the dispute process has changed somewhat to give Youtubers a fighting chance. But it's abundantly clear that YAM112003 are determined to keep up their dubious antics.

7. demonix

demonix Adventurer

Until I actually sort this issue out, I'm reverting back to my post molebeat plan regarding unboxings and I'm now only going to do a video if I can make it interesting (and of course I want anyone who doesn't need to rely on google translate to do Japanese to make bandai channel aware of this if their name is being used without permission or make them aware of what scumbags they've teamed up with if they are aware of this).

I've also started a little unscientific challenge between three known book sellers to see which one can get one item to me first (and one has already taken the lead by shipping out first).

8. demonix

demonix Adventurer

And the winner has already arrived (as has already been shown), but also there was an issue with the item (in that being that part of the back had been torn off in transit) which has already been dealt with (a replacement has already been sent, and I don't even have to return the damaged copy which is nice).

9. demonix

demonix Adventurer

It might not exactly be related, but since I was posting the second place in my manga delivery challenge unboxing video I thought that I'd add the unboxing and test of the new PC headset I purchased as well.