Big ADV UK sale for one week; now - anime DVDs going for £1

I bought;

New Fist of the North Star 1-3
Gravion 2-3 (Never thought I’d finish collecting that!)
Mazinkaiser 1
Mahoromatic 1-3
Zaion 1-2
New Cutey Honey 12
Rune Soldier 1-4,6
Slayers Box

Not a bad haul for £30.96. But the real trick has been getting Mazinkaiser 2 and Rune Soldier 5 for next to nothing.

The big question is now; where are they?! I don't like waiting.

ADV took up to 2 weeks with their much smaller sales. Since people have ordered 40 each this time, expect up to 4 weeks.

ADV only had 1 person who handled sales (printing off orders, packing and sending) when I enquired about the delivery speed of their previous £1-£2 sale - Chris. He's a nice, over-worked bloke, who also goes to conventions for ADV and the like.

Aion said:
ADV took up to 2 weeks with their much smaller sales. Since people have ordered 40 each this time, expect up to 4 weeks.

ADV only had 1 person who handled sales (printing off orders, packing and sending) when I enquired about the delivery speed of their previous £1-£2 sale - Chris. He's a nice, over-worked bloke, who also goes to conventions for ADV and the like.
Fair point. And I don't suppose morale is great there either.

harkins said:
But the real trick has been getting Mazinkaiser 2 and Rune Soldier 5 for next to nothing.

Play.com have Mazinkaiser 2 at £3.99 and Rune Solider 5 at £4.99, though its temp. out of stock.

Rog said:
harkins said:
But the real trick has been getting Mazinkaiser 2 and Rune Soldier 5 for next to nothing.

Play.com have Mazinkaiser 2 at £3.99 and Rune Solider 5 at £4.99, though its temp. out of stock.
Cheers. I got Mazinkaiser from play. Found an RS5 for £3.50 from an Amazon marketplace seller.

I wasn't being impatient, I was just wondering. I know it's going to take a while.

And what do you mean by "learn to read"? Was it some kind of poor sarcastic insult?

Espy said:
I wasn't being impatient, I was just wondering. I know it's going to take a while.

And what do you mean by "learn to read"? Was it some kind of poor sarcastic insult?

Maybe I was harsh and you simply have issues with your eyesight?

Look up at one of my previous posts on this page.

Yes, I did see your post. However, your post was merely a prediction, however right or wrong it may be. I was curious, not impatient. So I simply asked.

It was a pretty good prediction since I've ordered from a fair few ADV sales in the past and talked to the guy who packs and sends ADV DVD's. There's no way you'll be receiving any DVD's anytime soon when there must have been 100's of orders.

People will be posting when they receive their DVD's. Do you think people will be staying quiet when they receive a truckload of anime DVD's? I know I won't.

You'll probably start saying ADV stole your money in 1 week if you expected people to get their DVD's already... I just hope you took a screenshot of your order number(s) or wrote them down - There's no way to see it on the website, meaning there's no way for you to contact ADV about your order(s) should you not receive them.

This was posted at ADV's Facebook page last week...

Many thanks to all who bought at our warehouse clearance sale - that sale is most definitely over, and the warehouse itself will be closed from this Thursday on, after eleven years. Due to the sheer volume of orders and the backlog this has created, we will be working to fulfil those orders over the course of this week and next - we apologise for any delays you may experience in receiving some or all of your order.

So maybe a little patience is in order...

For crying out loud, I'm not about to start complaining to ADV, I was just asking nicely if anyone had received their order, out of curiosity. Even if I had received my order the next day, I won't be able to watch any of them for months, as I'm so busy right now - I'm not fussy at all if I have to wait two months for my order. Sarcastic comments were not in order.

Espy said:
For crying out loud, I'm not about to start complaining to ADV, I was just asking nicely if anyone had received their order, out of curiosity. Even if I had received my order the next day, I won't be able to watch any of them for months, as I'm so busy right now - I'm not fussy at all if I have to wait two months for my order. Sarcastic comments were not in order.

Yeah, it's people like 'Just Passing Through' that ruin this community. Sarcastic git.

Hi guys,

I've been asked by Hugh @ ADV just to let you all know that they are struggling like mad to get all your orders out to you!
Those people who placed larger orders may find their delivery split into two or more batches so they can process more orders to more people (I personally received half my order a few weeks ago and am still waiting for the other half), but regardless all orders placed in the sale will be completed in due time.

The guys at ADV thank you for your patience in this matter, as they really weren't expecting such a huge volume of orders!!

TBH I pretty much expected there to be a delay in the dispatch since the amount of demand was pretty obvious - they are after all getting an entire warehouse emptied so yeah, it's understandable! I just hope Hugh and his staff are going to be okay after all this - it's sobering to think amidst all this talk of "yay! bargains!" there are hard-working people's jobs on the line here.

I'm not sure how I can extend my expression of patience and understanding there though... :?

Back