Beez Entertainment too! Unconfirmed rumour as yet!

Joshawott said:
Just checked my account. I would have had enough, but my Mum has suddenly taken £74 walkies...and she owes me £65 already.

Your mum..! She needs some disciplining.

AOL are sufficiently small and friendly that they may well agree to put one aside for you if you ask them. Worth a try ;)

R

Joshawott said:
Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:
Pardon my language but....f---ing hell...

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to finishing Gundam 00 season 2. I looked yesterday, but I couldn't find volume 2 anywhere - only volume 3. Sure, Beez Entertainment's releases were really expensive (the only non-Sound of the Sky titles I purchased as of late were Anime Legends) but still...

Anime on Line have Gundam 00 S2 V2, but like you say. Not cheap.
Just checked my account. I would have had enough, but my Mum has suddenly taken £74 walkies...and she owes me £65 already.

You may just be in luck! I had a look at UP1 on the off chance, and it's cheaper there. :wink:

Even if central office shuts, the momentum of those final few releases will see them through, unless the collapse is utterly catastrophic as in ADV.
Thanks for the explanation. Well, if nothing else I hope that Geass R2 is far enough into that production line process to make it out at the end of the month.

Dannielle said:
Paradox295 said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
The article states that Beez ceased to exist as of 2nd December, but they've released Tatami Galaxy and Cowboy Bebop Anime Legends since then. How's that work?
Hmm.. has anyone got the Bebop boxset?

Just checked Play, its in stock there, as well as Amazon.
I know, but I already pre-ordered it with HMV, and I don't wanna lose my voucher.

Rui said:
Joshawott said:

Your mum..! She needs some disciplining.

AOL are sufficiently small and friendly that they may well agree to put one aside for you if you ask them. Worth a try ;)

R
Considering that I just saw some loan application forms lying around, a month after she got scammed out of £400 by an Indian scam outfit...yeah >>
She's the kind of person who instead of never touching a hot oven ring again after being burned by it once, face-plants it instead.

Hopefully it gets sorted out before it disappears everywhere. I had a feeling something bad would happen in 2012...just not this soon.

Joshawott said:
Joshawott said:
Pardon my language but....f---ing hell...

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to finishing Gundam 00 season 2. I looked yesterday, but I couldn't find volume 2 anywhere - only volume 3. Sure, Beez Entertainment's releases were really expensive (the only non-Sound of the Sky titles I purchased as of late were Anime Legends) but still...

Anime on Line have Gundam 00 S2 V2, but like you say. Not cheap.

Its only £21.24 (including p&p) at United Publications.

EDIT: Just Passing Through beat me to it. :p

This also sort of sucks because the only reason I held the trigger on Durarara was the promice of a release with dub.

I'll deal with £40 (after P&P @ UP1) * 3 if I must but still.

Would not suprise me at all if Beez follow suit (or even went down first). Dub--->Sub---->Dead.

I really wanna order sumit from UP1 as can't find stock ANYWHERE else...Unfortunately, their sign-up page (incl. card details) is unencrypted to the point that Firefox reckons a third party can easily read what is being submitted....sooo...yeah...that aint happening.

megagold5 said:
Would not suprise me at all if Beez follow suit (or even went down first). Dub--->Sub---->Dead.

I really wanna order sumit from UP1 as can't find stock ANYWHERE else...Unfortunately, their sign-up page (incl. card details) is unencrypted to the point that Firefox reckons a third party can easily read what is being submitted....sooo...yeah...that aint happening.

You can order from them by phone. And while you're at it, tell them why you're not ordering online.

megagold5 said:

I use Firefox and haven't had any problems ordering from UP1.

http://www.up1.co.uk/MailOrder?OpenNavigator

If you don't trust them with your card details, you can pay with cheques or postal orders though.

megagold5 said:

You can order from them by phone. And while you're at it, tell them why you're not ordering online.

Submitted a fault to them, shall see if anything comes from that first. I hate ordering stuff over the phone. :/

Hope these reports are premature, but I'm not very optimistic.

Have had the Lucky Star Anime Legends boxset on order from Amazon for the past few weeks with dispatch predicted for next week, but I'll probably now switch to Play.com, who seem to have it in stock.

So, Tokyopop has pulled out, Bandai has pulled out, and now it looks like Beez is going to pull out. I bet you that these won't be the only companies to pull out this year.

Ian Wolf said:
So, Tokyopop has pulled out, Bandai has pulled out, and now it looks like Beez is going to pull out. I bet you that these won't be the only companies to pull out this year.
Aren't Tokyopop making a comeback though?

Also, Bandai and Beez are owned by the same parent company, so it seems more like it's the Japanese owners pulling out of the western market.

Ah, in case anyone is interested, I just got a reply from UP1.

"This is due to web browsers looking for new style SSL when original system still works fine and is secure.
We will be using new style SSL later this month, but old system fine as data not stored on Internet just transferred to our office. But if you wish to open account and are still concerned please call our office (020 8325 9507) and we can setup account over the phone."

Right, back to the topic at hand. :p

Joshawott said:
Ian Wolf said:
Aren't Tokyopop making a comeback though?

Also, Bandai and Beez are owned by the same parent company, so it seems more like it's the Japanese owners pulling out of the western market.

There are rumours about them considering publishing Volume 3 of "Hetalia", but I'm unsure what has become of that.

Joshawott said:
Considering that I just saw some loan application forms lying around, a month after she got scammed out of £400 by an Indian scam outfit...yeah >>
She's the kind of person who instead of never touching a hot oven ring again after being burned by it once, face-plants it instead.

Why on EARTH have you not cancelled your old card and changed your pin yet?!

alexrose1uk said:
Joshawott said:

Why on EARTH have you not cancelled your old card and changed your pin yet?!
Because even if I do, she'll end up guilt tripping me into giving her the new details...

If this is true then great! I just had to cancel my order of Cowboy Bebop Remix the day the distro shuts down. Thanks a lot, lack of funds.

But, should I get the funds somehow, I will be checking all the anime I want to see which ones have been licensed by Beez and/or Bandai and try to get myself a copy before they become OOP.

Back