Beez Entertainment Discussion

I always thought it was a matter of finding any old DVD case and using that, when fixing the package together. I can't even count how many series I have where the cases are different for a few of the volumes. I always considered it pot luck that I'd get a series with the same type of case for every volume.

The Scavano cases I've gotten used to now, but I hate the MVM ones.

To the above poster, I think companies tend to buy loads in bulk and when supply runs out they buy more of that case or another.

A few times companies have said they didn't have the cases they want (old CPM boxes had black boxes instead of clear when the sleeves had technical information on the box). Reprintings had the clear cases though.

I remember my Lost Universe singles all 6 DVD's had a different type of case. I just hope Beez use proper Amaray cases :)

melonpan said:
Apparently Bandai made more Haruhi boxes/items than they needed to, so I'm thinking if these 500 units sell very well then there's chance to get more. Or I could be wrong and Beez have produced all the material themselves.

Actually there isn't to my knowledge, the units are the only ones Bandai has to spare from the units they have - read that as you will!

So 500 is the hard limit, though if popular I can always see what can be done regarding getting more reproduced over here in Europe if demand necessitates :).

Elaniel said:

To the above poster, I think companies tend to buy loads in bulk and when supply runs out they buy more of that case or another.

A few times companies have said they didn't have the cases they want (old CPM boxes had black boxes instead of clear when the sleeves had technical information on the box). Reprintings had the clear cases though.

I remember my Lost Universe singles all 6 DVD's had a different type of case. I just hope Beez use proper Amaray cases :)

Yep, we as standard use Amaray so there's no need to worry there! When not using Amaray as many will have seen we tend to use Digipacks :).

beez_andrew said:
melonpan said:
Apparently Bandai made more Haruhi boxes/items than they needed to, so I'm thinking if these 500 units sell very well then there's chance to get more. Or I could be wrong and Beez have produced all the material themselves.

Actually there isn't to my knowledge, the units are the only ones Bandai has to spare from the units they have - read that as you will!

So 500 is the hard limit, though if popular I can always see what can be done regarding getting more reproduced over here in Europe if demand necessitates :).

Ah very interesting, and that's very good news indeed. Let's hope Lucky Star and Code Geass do as well for Bandai. (I'm sure they will).

Yep, we as standard use Amaray so there's no need to worry there!

None of my Planetes and Cowboy Bebop DVDs use Amaray cases, but these were bought quite a while ago. I assume you didn't used to use Amaray, as opposed to now?

beez_andrew said:
Elaniel said:

Yep, we as standard use Amaray so there's no need to worry there! When not using Amaray as many will have seen we tend to use Digipacks :).

Hope to see more digipacks in the future, they save me so much room and I'm running outta space in here :lol:

Is there any chance, Bebop and Wolfs Rain will get released in digipacks? I would especially like to purchase Wolfs Rain in one.

Lupus Inu said:
GunBuster 2 got delayed. Again. ;___;

I'm certain my friend saw a copy in Oxford Street (London) HMV but the branch I preordered at insists it's not out until the 17th now :/

R

Lupus Inu said:
GunBuster 2 got delayed. Again. ;___;

Really? If it is this time it's a problem retailer side as both myself and Pinnacle made sure it shipped after release date slipped first time due to shortage of BBFC stickers.

Deeply sorry for any problems you are facing right now getting a copy - will look into just why retailers are claiming that!

Nevermind, it was just Amazon messing around, I got an e-mail saying it was delayed earlier today and now I got one saying it's been sent, oh lawdy.

So sorry for my reaction, it seems it was all a simple error by Amazon.

I think they all have stock (including my local HMV) but aren't releasing it because they think the shelf date is the 17th. Probably a typo somewhere that everyone copied. I blame HMV - want my Gunbuster :evil:

It's no big deal really for me, just strange!

R

jonboy said:
Yeah it says on the HMV website 17th April but i ordered it from play and it is in stock :roll:
I got my Gunbuster 2 from HMV website last Saturday. It was a preorder which might have given me an edge. No idea why they're mucking around with the release date of a title that they've already sent out though... :?:

melonpan said:
beez_andrew said:
melonpan said:

Ah very interesting, and that's very good news indeed. Let's hope Lucky Star and Code Geass do as well for Bandai. (I'm sure they will).

Regarding the collectors market in the UK btw, watch this space, particularly at London Expo. As I've been giving that some thought of late...

Conan-san said:
Andrew, tell me that the 3x9ep sub only box set deal for Gurren Lagann is happening here too.

As I've said in the thread on it atm - I can neither confirm nor deny the license at present. Personally and this is completely in my own opinion if it was released over here it would be silly NOT to follow the same style for whoever acquired it :).

Just wondering how successful the Gunbuster 2 sub only release was in the UK. Haven't heard much about it since the initial press release, and wondering if it was successful enough for Beez to consider doing other releases in a similar fashion, as it seems a cost effective way of releasing niche titles.

A lot of stores still haven't got it. Including the HMV I preordered from :s so I suppose their early sales figures won't be a fair spread yet.

R

Will be hearing about any new announcements soon? There's a few titles that I'm hoping you pick up (Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Gundam 00) ^_^

Back