Beez Entertainment Discussion

That Man said:
Hey Andrew I just noticed that there are release dates for 2 part boxsets for Gundam Seed Destiny and Eureka Seven on play and such. Would I be right in assuming that they will follow previous boxsets and have some nice goodies with them?

Ye I just saw that as well, any rrp, goodies you can share with us?

Is out of here said:
That Man said:
Hey Andrew I just noticed that there are release dates for 2 part boxsets for Gundam Seed Destiny and Eureka Seven on play and such. Would I be right in assuming that they will follow previous boxsets and have some nice goodies with them?

From Play.com
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny - Box 1 | DVD
£44.99 Free Delivery | You Save £15.00 (25%)
Due for release on 13/04/2009

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny - Box 2 | DVD
Due for release on 25/05/2009

I've seen this in ANN announcing that Lucky Star V6 LE is officially cancelled.

Now, I'll change my question about having an R2 LE Lucky Star release to will we ever have a release at all?

Ryo Chan said:
beez_andrew said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Andrew, are you still having problems with distribution? I'm having trouble locating a copy of Gunbuster 2. The stores I use on a regular basis (Play, Amazon, HMV) no longer list the title, and none of the others have stock.

I want to buy your DVDs!

Just to clarify - there'll be an official press release shortly - we signed a new deal at start of January but naturally retrieving stock from Pinnacle and getting it all booked in, accounted for and the catalog initialized at our new distributor takes a bit of time.

Normal business should resume over the next week though with a press release out as soon as I'm certain it is :)! There were only two real choices of distributor anyway so I'm fairly sure everyone can guess who it is anyway!

People like Play are already beginning to show stock of our titles, full lists should be back up and running soon too :).

Hope this helps!

- Andrew

Is this including the Gundam Seed boxset collection 1 that we talked about earlier? as i've noticed the Region 1 version is getting a re-release of it too

Should include the Seed boxsets :)! Sorry for the delays!

- Andrew

chaos said:
Is out of here said:
That Man said:

From Play.com
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny - Box 1 | DVD
Due for release on 13/04/2009

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny - Box 2 | DVD
Due for release on 25/05/2009

Answering everyone's questions at once, Chaos has summed the RRP up - on this set the goodies are down to hardened boxes to match the previous show's I'm afraid. This is due to our production team being focused on producing some high quality LE's for Gurren Lagann, Gundam 00 and some other titles...

I'll have more on the Gurren Lagann LE shortly :).

- Andrew

hopeful_monster said:
sheentaku said:
Hey andrew in the latest neo mag there is a small article about Code Geass getting eyed up for realse.
Im assuimg this is Beez right =D

Code geass is a a nime that appeals to all it has mecha, PLot, Yaoi situations, pretty boys, hot women ect.
plus can get that death note crowed
Well since they haven't official announced that they have the license doubt that they will have a release date in mind. The announced Gurren Largen at amecon last year and there is yet to be a firm release date.

Gurren Lagann's release has now been fixed by the way, expect a press release (or three) shortly but a summary is that it's coming hopefully in time for London Expo with an official launch in June with two flavors of release:

- A standard 2-DVD edition with Sub + Dub + on DVD extras.
- A Limited Edition 2-DVD edition with Sub + Dub + DVD Extras + EU Exclusive goodies

Will have some packshots and other info about the releases shortly for everyone :).

- Andrew

Is out of here said:
Dude 3 years since a holiday? you work hard but I guess us people appreciate your work.

Longshot, what about this.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic ... 631#215631
\

Sorry I seem to have missed this originally! If it's as it seems to be linking and is re Scrapped Princess, it's one I sporadically go back and re-evaluate but so far we've not been able to get ahold of it sadly :(! And in the current climate it's going to be harder to justify getting ahold of it vs the potential sales it would garner...

- Andrew

ayase said:
Just thought I'd better mention Andrew, a lot of online retailers still seem clueless as to the fact that the Freedom and Gunbuster blu-ray releases actually are blu-ray releases. HMV & Amazon included.

I expect if it's not sorted soon there'll be a lot of confusion and e-mails telling customers "whoops, it's not a DVD, do you still want it?" or returns when people recieve blu-rays when they were expecting DVDs.

Thanks for the reminder, after our changeover from Pinnacle to LDMS this should be remedied - expect the official PR statement shortly on that change as our catalog should by now be fully integrated :).

- Andrew

BlackWolf said:
Gundam Junkie said:
Gundam 00 licenced? Whoo hoo!

And speaking og Gundam... and chance of Gundam Seed Destiny Final Plus being released? (Along with the Between the Stars epilogue to Seed?)

From my research the SEED Epilogue is on the final volume of SEED in the extras section, subbed only though

Gundam Seed Destiny Final Plus we looked into but unfortunately unlike the SEED epilogue that was included with our extras material (which we proceeded to pass onto the fans) - the Final Plus edit of the last episode was not annoyingly! If it comes to a reprint situation or remastering I'll chase that up though as best I can.

- Andrew

Conan-san said:
I have noticed that a lot of websites (Crunchyroll, Hulu and Adult Swim US) have a sizable amout of anime legaly uploaded for public concumption, however, most of the legaly uploaded stuff is region blocked.

To wit; is Beez working to get shows they own (such as Code Geass) avaiable for Brittish Concumption in this mannor?

Good question - to which I'd say watch this space - things may happen sooner than you expect ;)!

- Andrew

devilrules666 said:
Ok andy my boy i have a few requests for you!

I am begging you to bring out freedom in a dvd boxset! Oh and scppaed princess, mai otome, code geaess and lucky star wouldn't be a bad thing either! I am on my knees here man!

Freedom on DVD:

BEI is already releasing one, we're in the process of examining the possibility as well so watch this space :)

Other licenses:

- Scrapped Princess: I've already discussed the viability of :)

- Mai Otome: I'll look into that one, there's a My-HiME complete collection coming from us in April time so if that does well I should be able to twist some arms as it tends to do well at conventions also :).

- Code Geass: I'm a VERY big fan of this show, it's certainly not classic watching by far but it was very entertaining from what I've seen of it so I'm definitely pushing for that based on everyone who asked for it too. I'll let you know how it goes ;).

- Lucky Star: Sales of Haruhi are done with being correlated and I'd certainly like to chase it, depends what the higher ups decide though there so will keep everyone updated when I know :). Its US sales figures vs Haruhi probably won't help though depending on how they break down at the end of the day though...

I'll chase up each of the ones you guys keep asking for though and see what I can do :)!

- Andrew

Conan-san said:
Has Manga/Stars given any indication of geting anywhere in the geting GL on UK TV action?

They're in the process of negotiating a deal right now I believe, it's a question best directed at Starz though really as it's not Manga UK handling it primarily I believe but a different group within Starz. More on that when I know it :).

- Andrew

ayase said:
Enjoy your holiday time Andrew!

But... When you get back... ;)

What have we got coming from Beez in 2009? (00 Blu-ray? 00 Blu-ray? 00 Blu-ray?) Gurren Lagann is good, of course. I've been waiting for the UK release what with these "special things" you keep alluding to.

Good question! Well just now for Beez in 2009 I have lined up (that I can talk of):

- Eureka Seven Boxes 1 + 2
- Gundam Seed Destiny Boxes 1 + 2
- My-HiME complete collection
- Gurren Lagann (3 releases, each a 2-DVD release, LE+RE editions)
- Gundam 00 (similar release structure)
- Sword of the Stranger (both DVD and Blu-Ray)
- .hack//GU Trilogy (all going well a similar style of release to France)
- 1 other license minimum that I'll be able to announce in the coming weeks

Blu-Ray for certain titles is in the works including one lined up for Christmas that providing approvals are OK'd I think people will be REALLY glad of and it'll explain my answer to certain questions in the past. Also for new licenses I would hope to be able to do BD in the future too but only if we have the ability to bring it over in a sensible number of discs etc.

Given the reshuffles in BEI and BV just now we're still finalizing the next Blu-rays so I'll get back to everyone as soon as I have info on that :).

ayase said:
Have to say I was impressed with the Freedom set, moreso than I expected to be. The fact it's region free and the same as the Japanese release, packaging and all is excellent. Any more of these simultaneous releases planned? I am interested though in how Bandai reconcile worldwide releases with reverse importing fears... there was quite a difference in price between what was essentially the same product in Japan, the UK and the US after all.

Glad so that you're pleased by it! And the fear of counter importing isn't so much a concern for now - effectively we have the same price across the board. In fact it's cheaper to buy it from the UK than import it - as the UK came out the lowest price at the end of the day! It'll be back in stock shortly across retailers too after a brief drop off the radar too so watch this space :).

As I said before regarding Blu-Ray watch this space :). We'll have more info about some more simultaneous releases in the near future hopefully when the reshuffles are all completed etc...

melonpan said:
Andrew,

With Bandai Entertainment's recent announcement of the Kurokami (Black God) anime being simultaneously aired on TV in Japan, Korea and the USA, have you got any information on whether or not anything special will be happening with that series in the UK/Europe as well? It's a huge shame that it isn't going simultaneously worldwide... Maybe there's going to be a simultaneous worldwide physical media release somewhere down the line?

Well regarding special things with Kurokami - we'd have to license it first! As I'm unsure of its status just now I can't really comment, however as a general rule for new titles I do want to see something done, to allow UK fans access to it digitally first too - so they can see it before they decide to buy. Legally as opposed to having to go the road of fansubs anyway :).

Regarding worldwide releases at the exact same time for any release, that's a difficult task to pull off on anything that isn't Blu-Ray, but stranger things have happened...

Right now though I'm afraid there's no news on that license though one way or another - if anything does happen though I'll be sure to say!

Rui said:
Wow, just got my Wolf's Rain set (asked for it as a Christmas present when the high street failed me) and what a beautiful set it is. I hope this one has done well, it deserves to! It is a shame that most retailers seem to hide it away instead of display it for people to see. This kind of top quality release in between the worldwide release ideas and high episode count mini-sets for new shows are all very exciting ideas. Good luck in the coming year, Beez.

Listening to the soundtrack now :)

R

Belated on my part - but am glad you like the release :)! It's definitely just one part of a wider strategy as there's no point releasing everything at that price-point even if the quality is extremely high. So as you mention everyone has something to look forward to next year - be it getting your favorite titles at the same time as the rest of the world, high episode count mini-sets or just a plethora of AAA licenses coming to UK shores :).

Beez has something for just about everyone this year!

Enjoy the set :)

- Andrew

chaos said:
Hi Andrew - a general industry question if you don't mind.

Can you give us a rough idea of percentage sold online and in B&M stores for anime DVD's?

Sorry for not replying to this sooner, I managed to miss it somehow o_O! Without delving into my numbers too much at a rough number I'd say the split depends on the title. Bulkier releases may sell better to somewhere that doesn't have space constraints (i.e. online) so there you'd see a higher percentage uptake by online than B&M.

Ultimately though irrespective of B&M or not there are several key supporters of anime in the UK still - in B&M that's down to about one major and about 2 more niche accounts, who between them can account from anywhere between 35% and 65% depending on the title.

So to be honest roughly speaking it all hinges on the title - and whether the items are going into a sale or not respectively! I'd say that what has survived of B&M is still very much holding its weight against online though in terms of stocking anime.

beez_andrew said:
chaos said:
Hi Andrew - a general industry question if you don't mind.

Can you give us a rough idea of percentage sold online and in B&M stores for anime DVD's?

Sorry for not replying to this sooner, I managed to miss it somehow o_O! Without delving into my numbers too much at a rough number I'd say the split depends on the title. Bulkier releases may sell better to somewhere that doesn't have space constraints (i.e. online) so there you'd see a higher percentage uptake by online than B&M.

Ultimately though irrespective of B&M or not there are several key supporters of anime in the UK still - in B&M that's down to about one major and about 2 more niche accounts, who between them can account from anywhere between 35% and 65% depending on the title.

So to be honest roughly speaking it all hinges on the title - and whether the items are going into a sale or not respectively! I'd say that what has survived of B&M is still very much holding its weight against online though in terms of stocking anime.
Thanks Andrew. Basically this means that depending on the title, b&m represents between one third and two third of sales. That comes as quite a surprise to me. I expected the online percentage to be much higher.

beez_andrew said:
But is that still the case with so many B&M's closing up shop for good? Also how fast can you get the new Eureka Seven movie over here?

Back