Beez Entertainment Discussion

beez_andrew said:
I'm a very very big fan of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, in many ways to me it felt like the kind of film you would see if Studio Ghibli made an anime aimed more at the late teens to adult market. By far the biggest animated film for me in the last year or so :).

If I were to rub my crystal ball I'd say it's coming to the UK but probably not from Beez sadly :(.

Nice, one of my favourite anime films. I hope your insights from divination are accurate.

Just watched the cowboy bebop movie. It is awesome.

Now for the boxsets to recieve a discount eh andrew..... =]

I NEED to watch this series now; the movie just wet my appetite too much!!

av80301b.jpg

Haruhi box turns Lucky Star, let's hope the UK Haruhi release works out if there's any chance of seeing this.

I'd like to see LS follow in Haruhi's KyoAni footsteps (IMO, LS is actually the better show, although they're quite different on closer inspection).

The prospect of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is even more exciting though - the Ghibli comparisons are pretty accurate actually, but crucially I think it can appeal to people outside of 'our' anime fandom, in the same way that Kon's and Shinkai's stuff can.

Best of luck with both, Andrew. I'd love to see them get a UK release. ^_^

beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
any news on Beez aquiring Lucky Star

Back into anime questions again - the answer to that is not so predictable!

In short - I'd like to see how Haruhi sells first, if it does well in the UK (which I hope it will) then I'll do my best to pursue that as soon as possible!

If you have no definitive answer as to whether or not you're going to be releasing Lucky Star, then I suggest you remove the Lucky Star trailer from the fourth volume. People might assume you're going to be releasing it only to be disappointed if you don't (even though it specifically says Kadokawa USA/ Bandai Ent, you might still get some people who misinterpret the trailer because its on a Beez release).

Just a suggestion :wink:

kurosaki86 said:
Just watched the cowboy bebop movie. It is awesome.

Now for the boxsets to recieve a discount eh andrew..... =]

I NEED to watch this series now; the movie just wet my appetite too much!!

Although it lists them as out of stock, place an order and they'll restock asap (if they don't PM me and I'll arrange it):

http://www.bandai.co.uk/product-details ... ?CI_ID=214

£28 per box, so under £10 a DVD there, which isn't too bad a discount really, outside of that I'll take a look at getting a broader discount done too (but being honest that's probably one of the best one's you'll see and I can arrange short of at conventions :)).

CitizenGeek said:
So, that's the Lucky Star starter set that's being released in the US?
Indeed it is, Lucky ☆ Star itself is being released in 6 boxes, Regular and Special Edition, The same as the Haruhi release. They are being priced the same as the Haruhi sets as well. I suppose, The extras itself are probably going to be the same. So.. Yeah.

There are two DVD covers floating around This one and this one. I'm not sure what I like more. ;p I would imagine the the latter being for the Regular edition and the former for the Special edition.

The items in the limited box are as follow:

Special Edition Artbox
"Motteke Sailor Foku" Opening CD
Konata Character CD
Girl's School Uniform (Winter) Print T-Shirt
Chocolate Cornet Screen Wipe
Alternate DVD Cover

This is totally relevant for the UK now, as we're getting everything the Haruhi release had, there's a strong chance we might get this (albeit in a very long time).

Ryo Chan said:
damn it, now i dunno if i want to risk waiting

Ditto. :?

And why is it, the two series that I thought wouldn't get an R2 release for ages and ages, ( Black Lagoon and Haruhi ), get released not long after I buy the R1 versions. :cry:

Tasker said:
Ryo Chan said:
damn it, now i dunno if i want to risk waiting

Ditto. :?

And why is it, the two series that I thought wouldn't get an R2 release for ages and ages, ( Black Lagoon and Haruhi ), get released not long after I buy the R1 versions. :cry:
Well, at least you will be able to get Black Lagoon, Second Barage from the UK since that isn't out in the US for a good while, at least (if at all) ;)

In the correct thread this time: do Beez have any plans to start releasing Banner of the Stars in the UK? Judging by the fact that Crest of the Stars is being given the box set treatment later this month, I'm guessing it did reasonably well here.

so andy..... when can we expect new annouchments from u guys? at the anime expo in may?? and would u guys ever bring any of the galaxy angel series out here?

Back