Beckii: Schoolgirl Superstar at 14

stuart-says-yes said:
Manga Girls said:
I made a mean comment on her channel, and she replied, saying fuji, is still, her manager, so it isn't so bad at the moment at least, but the way she did things on the tv broadcast, made her look like she didn't care about fuji much

Or it was edited together to make her look that way, there was a reason why it started out with her smiling & happy about being an idol and then slowly indiferent to it all.

tbh, im almost impressed that they even showed any anime series clips at all

im tempted to ask her if her dad is really that mercenary IRL or if it was just how BBC3 presented it...really came off as though he only cared about the £

I also quite like the song, which is suprising as I thought it would be shite tbh, some of her dancing is really good aswel.

stuart-says-yes said:
Oh Bother

winnie+the+pooh.jpg

Well i finally watched this last night and it was just as bad as i expected,tragic even,i dont dislike or blame Bekii,i,m sure shes enjoying every second of her short lived fame,but at the end of the day it is just another story of a person with no talent becoming a overnight sensation by singing and dancing really bad and becoming famous and rich from it,we get this garbage on x-factor and britains got talent every bloody year,makes you wonder why we even get up and go to work in the morning,we should all just put a crappy video on youtube and see if we get lucky lol,the world and society in general is beyond help and it rotton to the core,people need to stop searching for this quick fix of fame and fortune,its not even the fame they want its all money making,if you want money and nice things in life well work hard and earn them and you,ll end up appreciating things and life in general a whole lot better.Ignore the media,all the stupid gossip,who cares what tiger woods is getting up to because at the end of the day it all means nothing its all just a smoke screen to fill up the lifes of the shallow moral majority who dont have a life in the first place,leave them all to it and just get on with your life.

Yeah, but she only posted videos of her dancing for the fun of it, she didn't know she would make loads of money off it.
She got offered some money for something she enjoyed doing, I'm pretty sure all of us would do the same if we got the chance.

Paradox295 said:
Yeah, but she only posted videos of her dancing for the fun of it, she didn't know she would make loads of money off it.
She got offered some money for something she enjoyed doing, I'm pretty sure all of us would do the same if we got the chance.
Point taken and as i said its not Bekii herself i have the problem with,i wish her every success but the whole over night fame game that we see all the time these days just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and the only real winners in situations like this are the greedy money makers and puppet masters behind the scenes but she seemed to have her head screwed on and knows her education and future comes first.

stuart-says-yes said:
Doraemon666 said:
Paradox295 said:
Point taken and as i said its not Bekii herself i have the problem with,i wish her every success but the whole over night fame game that we see all the time these days just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and the only real winners in situations like this are the greedy money makers and puppet masters behind the scenes but she seemed to have her head screwed on and knows her education and future comes first.

Did you miss the part where her father said, if we have to, she can always go back and get her education but I want to focus on the oppertunitys she has at the moment in Japan.
yeah saw that,her dad had pound signs in his eyes the whole time,if is doesnt all work out for Bekii he better be prepared to pick up the pieces.

a child should focus on their education, and should at least get 5 GCSEs underneath their belt, even then, that's not enough to get a decent payed job in the UK, but it's better than not having them and having most of the job market closed to you

memorium said:
a child should focus on their education, and should at least get 5 GCSEs underneath their belt, even then, that's not enough to get a decent payed job in the UK, but it's better than not having them and having most of the job market closed to you
Exellent point,especially in this day and age when people are losing there jobs on daily basis its hard enough to find a decent paid job these days,and over the next few years its only going to get worse with all the cuts that are happening.

ayase said:
You bunch of squares. I feel like I'm in the pub listening to old middle class people.

Easy money >>> Hard work.

Haha, i agree.

These days its who you know, not what you know. The only ones that look at what you know are uni's. Now i have a friend who i used to work with, he has a degree in business studies....but due to lack of work experience he could barely get a job in an IT Dept.

I finished school and 2 weeks later was sat in an office having an interview, It wasn't what i knew from high school (hell i failed GCST ICT) But who i knew that got me the job. I've gone on to work in the HR Brackets of an NHS trust. Sure i've gone on to learn more about I.T and have become a Techncian myself....but if i hadn't of known the person who got me the interview in the first place i wouldn't have experience working for an IT Dept - that could be the difference in getting a job and not.

So i say hats off to her, she's doing something she enjoys and making money from it, If she has to fall back on her education then so be it. But live for the moment and get yourself known. It pays off much better in the long run. Who's to say she won't go on to become a model when she's older?

Yeah hats off to her,the fact is all these idiots becoming overnight stars is just a decline of our culture and shows how low we as a nation have become,we worship pop stars,movie stars and tv stars like they are gods,we think of them as some sort of inspiration,they are nothing more than commodities for the sad and shallow to buy into to think they actually belong to something,ignore it all and believe in yourself,no gods no masters live your life for yourself.True happiness cannot be attained from wealth alone all money does is buy things and things do not matter,as long you,ve got a roof over your head and food on your table that is all we truly need.Mind you if the show is question was not related to anime then none of us would be even talking about or have even wasted the time and watched it.

Doraemon666 said:
Yeah hats off to her,the fact is all these idiots becoming overnight stars is just a decline of our culture and shows how low we as a nation have become,we worship pop stars,movie stars and tv stars like they are gods although they are some sort of inspiration,they are nothing more than commodities for the sad and shallow to buy into to think they actually belong to something,ignore it all and believe in yourself,no gods no masters live your life for yourself.True happiness cannot be attained from wealth alone all money does is buy things and things do not matter,as long you,ve got a roof over your head and food on your table that is all we truly need.

I see where you're coming from, I hate reality shows and people who gain fame from them, Big brother for example is just a mockery of people and giving them "fame" for a few months before dropping them like a bad habit. Its shameful and disgusting that people will go to such lengths for fame. But sitting here and complaining about it won't do anything, if anything its depressing to read. Life changes, people change, if you can accustom to things like others or not is just part of life. Some are brainless sheep who follow Heat magazine like a religion. Its a joke, But if they wish to live their lives by reading about other peoples lives then let em. Stop complaining and start living your own life.

Tachi- said:
Doraemon666 said:
Yeah hats off to her,the fact is all these idiots becoming overnight stars is just a decline of our culture and shows how low we as a nation have become,we worship pop stars,movie stars and tv stars like they are gods although they are some sort of inspiration,they are nothing more than commodities for the sad and shallow to buy into to think they actually belong to something,ignore it all and believe in yourself,no gods no masters live your life for yourself.True happiness cannot be attained from wealth alone all money does is buy things and things do not matter,as long you,ve got a roof over your head and food on your table that is all we truly need.

I see where you're coming from, I hate reality shows and people who gain fame from them, Big brother for example is just a mockery of people and giving them "fame" for a few months before dropping them like a bad habit. Its shameful and disgusting that people will go to such lengths for fame. But sitting here and complaining about it won't do anything, if anything its depressing to read. Life changes, people change, if you can accustom to things like others or not is just part of life. Some are brainless sheep who follow Heat magazine like a religion. Its a joke, But if they wish to live their lives by reading about other peoples lives then let em. Stop complaining and start living your own life.
Its not like i spend all my time complaing about things like this in my own life on a daily basis,but these fourms are here for us all to vent a little bit of anger and have an opinon and as i said if the show was not anime releated i would have been none the wiser of the show and i did say to myself even before it was brodcast that i would avoid it because i knew the kind of show it would be and it would cause me to react this way,so more fool me then. :lol:

Doraemon666 said:
Yeah hats off to her,the fact is all these idiots becoming overnight stars is just a decline of our culture and shows how low we as a nation have become,we worship pop stars,movie stars and tv stars like they are gods,we think of them as some sort of inspiration,they are nothing more than commodities for the sad and shallow to buy into to think they actually belong to something,ignore it all and believe in yourself,no gods no masters live your life for yourself.
I'd have said similar things a few years back. The fact is that a lot of people just are sad and shallow and you couldn't make the vast majority of people more intelligent or cultured if you tried. I used to want to free people from the confines of society but then I realised: Why bother? They don't do anything to warrant or deserve it. Now I just want to free myself from the confines of society.

If you don't buy into this stuff, that's great, it shows you have a bit more sense. But popular culture and the general public... just tune them out. Ignore them. Enjoy your own infinitely more gratifying existence devoid of celebrity culture. Or hell, even become one of these people who have the unjustified adoration of the masses - is it the fault of celebrities that people worship them? Of course not. They're the smart ones (or their agents are).

Back