BBFC edit Paranoia Agent Volume 3

ah this is great lol

We wish to protect our views from harm

so all the films where people shoot others

all the films when kids drive cars to escape things

all the games with weapons which u kill eachother with

should be cut????

jesus christ BFCC we're going to have nothing but carebears soon

Out of all the DVD's they should be cutting(according to their rules) they chose this one because they thought it was the one that the least people would care about... probably.

Get off your paranoid conspiracy, guys - they cut it because hanging is an "imitable technique" that doesn't necessarily require you to break the law first, and kids might try it if it seems like a laugh. Yes, it's an 18-rated DVD, but how many people here never saw an 18 film before they were 18?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ah well, it was worth a shot. Guess i'll just skip ahead and order the US version then.

Now this is totally unrelated but I'd just like to say that my younger brother was watching Looney Tunes today and Daffy Duck put a revolver to his head and pulled the trigger which ended in a comical fashion.

Also the South Park season 1 boxset(rated 15) has an entire episode dedicated to Stans grandfather trying to kill himself over and over and even getting Stan to try and kill him.

I wonder if this means they'll be cutting out Moe's hanging attempts on later Simpsons boxsets too...

If MVM were to make an appeal, that's the perfect stuff they would need to argue their case :D
DaveMusaine to the rescue :D

I can think of a crapload of examples of things that should be cut according to their rules that i've seen on tv or own on UK DVD.

Many from South Park I must admit...

Well i saw on play.com that it's been put back to October, so they may have left that gap to appeal :D

Btw, who likes my new avatar :D, thx to Necromancer for making it forum friendly *bows* :D

In all honesty i think i can say that the BBFC's excuse is crap and they can go and shove it right back up their own arses, just like a ton of other idiots in this country should *cough cough, tony blair and ken livingstone (notice how i didnt use capitals :D) cough cough*

Well i just watched the fansubs, and it is even clearer that the BBFC's ruling is complete crap. IF they cut that scene, then they should have banned the entire episode outright considering the content. However in my eyes there was nothing there that was even remotely worth censoring in any shape or form.

If anything Puni Puni Poemi deserved to be cut far more than this.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

This arguement just goes in circles. Bottom line, the BBFC are law and we can't stop them. It could be worse anyhow. Everyone suggests other examples of things that have similar scenes which should have been cut, I'm just glad they haven't cut so many other animes! Let the BBFC have their scapegoat, it sucks and is pretty unjust but if it keeps them happy, and stops them turning on other shows for cuts then so be it.

Ramen89 said:
Better it gets cut now than the daily mail having another feild day over it.

Another? They've had a go about anime before? Or are we talking about the field days they have over any remotely controversial media?

Ramen89 said:
Better it gets cut now than the daily mail having another feild day over it.
The Daily Mail didn't seem to notice Puni Puni Poemy uncut what with its sexually active children and all that. They moved onto something else to complain about a long time ago...

Yeah but there allways willing to have a go at something they dont understand or like, if its a slow week they'll write anything Im sure.

Ramen89 said:
Yeah but there allways willing to have a go at something they dont understand or like, if its a slow week they'll write anything Im sure.
True enough, especially if it's something foreign! :lol:

Back