BBFC edit Paranoia Agent Volume 3

Confusingly, a second entry appeared on the BBFC's website on the 19th of April: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument

Not entirely sure what it means, because it looks to me like the work HAS been cut. Perhaps the BBFC cut MVM some slack and allowed them to cut 1m 20s to their own specifications, allowing for the hanging to still be present, but greatly reduced in screen-time. I personally haven't seen the original scene, but it seemed pretty coherent to me...

Edit: One thing VERY prominant on the DVD in front of me, is a screen-wipe left to right. About 12:30 on the disc. I don't recall that directorial technique used anywhere else in the series and it seems a bit fishy. Anyone with the uncut version able to verify the existence of that swipe?

Edit2: You know. I check the length of that episode and it's 24:29 just like the other episodes. I think MVM must have slipped out the disks and hoped the BBFC don't notice!

I think the submission you see there is the resubmission that MVM made (probably obligatory) to prove the cuts had been made as requested. I bet they had to pay again for the privilege to do so too.

yea but my copy of MVM PA vol 3 dose not have any cuts on it and ive check it with the fansubs i have of the show there nothing missing.

valha said:
yea but my copy of MVM PA vol 3 dose not have any cuts on it and ive check it with the fansubs i have of the show there nothing missing.
I believe this is the case. Considering how close to release BBFC changed the rating, MVM may have already entered manufacturing. Rather than tiping all those discs into a landfill, someone just made the decision to ignore the BBFC's requests. I say, good on them. I don't feel particuarly damaged after watching that episode it has to be said.

kupoartist said:
valha said:
I believe this is the case. Considering how close to release BBFC changed the rating, MVM may have already entered manufacturing. Rather than tiping all those discs into a landfill, someone just made the decision to ignore the BBFC's requests. I say, good on them. I don't feel particuarly damaged after watching that episode it has to be said.

i agree im very happy they didnt cut it. it was a surpid cut anyway.

maybe they are makeing the charges to the enxt batch of dvds they run off.

im going to email mvm about this and see what they say.

Back