AUKN Meetups: Have we actually had one?

BlackWolf

Godhand
Tachi said:
Hmm, i've been to a couple of expo meet ups.

I've met Chaos a fair few times and that reminds me, next time i'm free in london we have to have that catch up drink we've put off for long enough lol.

I've met reevothemusefan, hopeful monster, jayme (which is surprising because him and spyro are so close yet i've never met spyro we did used to talk on the phone alot) Durial666 i've met, Arby was a good lad always has time for everyone. Zin5ki was an odd meet up but he's alright :) i'm struggling to remember others - manga girl, Sonia leong - sorry if i've met you but cannot remember :/


People i've wanted to meet are:
Rui, because i believe she'll love my company
Black, long time friend but he lives too damn far!
Voddas, we speak to each other the most and i'm gunna make the drive north to see him on my way back to halifax at some stage,
Ayase - i'd love to sit in a bar with him and drink whiskey and speak of the meanings of life and the universe, just for a laugh then cut to women and cars :)
Spyro - just because we've agreed to meet up so many times yet one thing or another stops it everytime.


Basically most of the people i consider to be "close" friends are the ones i've not met and live far away lol
I don't live too far away...I mean it's only a three hour train ride...or about 6-7 hour car ride, though not sure if it would be worth your while coming here, Thornaby offers nothing exciting...Scratch that, this whole area doesn't really offer much.
 

ayase

State Alchemist
Tachi said:
Ayase - i'd love to sit in a bar with him and drink whiskey and speak of the meanings of life and the universe, just for a laugh then cut to women and cars
The meaning of life and the universe is inseparably linked with women and cars, Tachi...
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi
you're right... the intricacy and forever changing mannerism of the universe is the same as women so the conversation could easliy bounce etween the two.

And black, no excuses lol invite.
 

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
Rui said:
T I'm personally content with sticking to everyone's text-based identities, so nobody ever realises I am actually an AI with no physical body to begin with.

R
John Henry Eden...

We meet at last!
Be Bedazzled!
with my level 78 science skill!

ayase said:
Tachi said:
Ayase - i'd love to sit in a bar with him and drink whiskey and speak of the meanings of life and the universe, just for a laugh then cut to women and cars
The meaning of life and the universe is inseparably linked with women and cars, Tachi...
I thought it was the colour twelve
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
chaos said:
Sy said:
I'd be up for a meet up. Have a lovely pint and talk about the weather. Don't think I've actually met anybody here in person before.
Where are you actually base Sy? I think I knew, but I've forgot...
I live in Derby at the moment but I don't mind hopping on a train.
 

chaos

The Boss
FourthLion said:
I'd be up for meeting anyone in London. I was supposed to be going to SLA for the Glasgow half but the girlfriend has vetoed, apparently we're doing something else. I can't really argue as I've already spent money on a festival I'm going to the next weekend, both muse shows the weekend after that and Distant worlds the Friday after that...
I'm not going to distant worlds this year. When I heard of it, it was sold out already.
Are you going to the BFI for Tiger and Bunny this weekend? Going to meet some of my friends, so pm me if you feel like joining us.

ayase said:
The meaning of life and the universe is inseparably linked with women and cars, Tachi...
Is it? Can't believe I've wasted all this time with Religion and Philosophy....

Sy said:
I live in Derby at the moment but I don't mind hopping on a train.
Hey, Reevo is from Derby as well. Why not join us for Edimburgh SLA then?
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
chaos said:
Hey, Reevo is from Derby as well. Why not join us for Edimburgh SLA then?
That does sound like a plan. I'll have to see if I can arrange a few holiday days to attend. Looking at the film line up I really want to see Ace Attorney and Poppy Hill.
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi
Sy said:
chaos said:
Sy said:
I'd be up for a meet up. Have a lovely pint and talk about the weather. Don't think I've actually met anybody here in person before.
Where are you actually base Sy? I think I knew, but I've forgot...
I live in Derby at the moment but I don't mind hopping on a train.

You're still alive??!!

jeez, i haven't seen you on here in years.
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
Haven't really been using the internet in the past couple of years. Now I got it back, thought it was time to return. :)
 

chaos

The Boss
Sy said:
chaos said:
Hey, Reevo is from Derby as well. Why not join us for Edimburgh SLA then?
That does sound like a plan. I'll have to see if I can arrange a few holiday days to attend. Looking at the film line up I really want to see Ace Attorney and Poppy Hill.
Oh my.... You chose the only ones I won't be seeing, as they will be screened over the week. I'll be en Edinburgh from from Friday to Monday.

Sy said:
Haven't really been using the internet in the past couple of years. Now I got it back, thought it was time to return. :)
Got yourself a GF, she wasn't into anime, then you stopped going to internet anime forums and now you broke up? Yep we've all been there ;)
 

mangaman74

Akatsuki
ayase said:
Tachi said:
Ayase - i'd love to sit in a bar with him and drink whiskey and speak of the meanings of life and the universe, just for a laugh then cut to women and cars
The meaning of life and the universe is inseparably linked with women and cars, Tachi...
I thought the meaning of life and the universe was 42.
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
chaos said:
Got yourself a GF, she wasn't into anime, then you stopped going to internet anime forums and now you broke up? Yep we've all been there ;)
Some truth to that although mainly that I can afford to have an internet connection in my flat again. :p
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi
Turkey Twizzlers, fried in apple sauce and chocolate fingers wrapped in bacon, also fried.

For a side you had garlic bread and a free pizza.
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
Oh well. If you'd have said fray bentos steak and kidney pie you'd have been right. Guess I'll stick to mystic meg for psychic predictions. Wait, how did we get to this? Back on topic. :)
 

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
mangaman74 said:
ayase said:
Tachi said:
Ayase - i'd love to sit in a bar with him and drink whiskey and speak of the meanings of life and the universe, just for a laugh then cut to women and cars
The meaning of life and the universe is inseparably linked with women and cars, Tachi...
I thought the meaning of life and the universe was 42.

Wrong it's the colour twelve
 

st_owly (witch)

Time-Traveller
I live in Edinburgh, so I'll probably be at the Edinburgh part of SLA (specifically Blood-C) Will have to see how money is though.

EDIT: Is anyone going to see Tiger and Bunny at the Filmhouse tomorrow?
 
Top