AUKN Character Battle FINAL MATCH: Roy Mustang/Edward Elric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
It's the very last match! Somehow, we got all this way before the year came to an end. It's impressive that two Fullmetal Alchemist characters have got this far after fighting off such a varied selection of contenders along the way.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 13th December. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

IIoNlil.png

Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist

A cunning and ambitious leader who uses strategy to deal with anyone who opposes him, but won't hesitate to stand toe-to-toe with his enemies when his friends are in trouble.

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

He is the youngest State Alchemist ever to be recognized by the Amestris State Military, having received the title at the age of 12. Ed's primary motivation throughout the series is to return his younger brother, Alphonse, to his original body, which was lost in a failed human transmutation. Just don't call him a pipsqueak.

What, I thought Balsa was still in it :(

Maybe I can get some more FMA eps in before the end of this to help inform my opinion.

I knew FMA was beloved but I have to admit the passion the forum has for it was a surprise ^^;

I'll go with Ed.

R

Of course the final match would be between Edward and Mustang. Anyone who's seen episode 13 of the 2003 series knows where this is headed though; Edward Elric will win, so that's where my vote will go.

Although I am tempted by Mustang's mini-skirt policy.

Cool as Roy is, it's Ed for me.

I have to say I've enjoyed this year's character battle a lot, it's featured a lot of lasting, excellent characters and surprisingly few (if any) flavours of the month/year, making it a real Battle Royale of the greats. Thanks and kudos to Rui for running a character battle that managed to finish within the same year it started.

So do we get Rin/Kino (or even Rin/Kino/Sousuke, although it's pretty clear he'd be trounced by either) playoffs for third place?

Great work saving this from the three-and-a-half year pace it was on at one point, Rui, and for somehow running such a tight ship over such a long period of time. Has been fascinating to watch unfold.

It's a shame Kino's MVP run came to an end one round early (at least one and a half people should be ashamed of themselves).

Voting for either of these guys over the other almost seems a little trite at this point, but I guess I'll come down on the side of Ed.

I'll vote for Roy.

I've voted for Ed before in the contest but I don't think I've ever voted for Roy so I might as well mix it up.

I vote for Edward - I mean - Roy's just going to become one of these desk-jocky types now, and become boring. Edward's gonna stay fun and adventure all around the world by his own whim...

Unless Roy brings up his promises/pledges he made before he comes into office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back