Attack on Titan, Tiger & Bunny: The beginning + more licensed at MCM comiccon

Peachy

Bumpkin
Expo License Thread (Updated)

Okay, so ..hope this is alright?

Getting everything from @ukanime as per usual.

Andrew from Anime Limited couldn't make it so his new announcement remains a mystery..

MANGA ENTERTAINMENT
Attack on Titan's anime adaptation is coming from Manga Entertainment. Dates and formats to be confirmed.
Next license announcement: The Space Battleship Yamato live-action movie, again from Manga Entertainment.
Manga Entertainment confirm Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works license. Out August 26th on DVD and Blu-Ray.
New One Piece announcement time: Collections 5-8 have been licensed for a UK release by Manga Entertainment.
Plans afoot for Limited Edition complete Dragon Ball Z box set for Christmas.
Kaze UK have rights to Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail - it is coming to the UK on DVD and Blu-Ray, no date as yet. Hopefully this year.

MVM
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue has been re-licensed. Red Garden and Pumpkin Scissors have been rescued from ADV.
New acquisitions from MVM: Heaven's Memo Pad, Shangri-la and [C]: Control.

ANIME LTD
Anime Limited license Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning. For release later this year.

Viz Media
Viz Media UK have confirmed they will be releasing a Legend of Zelda manga, as well as a full Bakuman box set.

Re: Expo License Thread

When people were saying that Attack on Titan might be one of the series announced I almost laughed at them, thinking there was no way that anything would get announced over here that fast. I guess I was wrong.

I was more thinking along the lines of anime from spring last year than this one. And summer, which we haven't had anything of yet.

These licenses have kind of disappointed me, i mean i'm happy we got attack on titan, and i'll probably be getting heaven's memo pad and unlimited blades works, but overall i'm kinda underwhelmed, hopefully they announce some shows tomorrow that will make up for today.

In regards to SAO:

"Sword Art Online release plans? No UK license deals at present, but distributors are interested in it so it'll definitely get a release."

I was convinced it'd be announced tomorrow, guess not.

I feel the same manga_addicted as much as I love attack on titan and tiger and bunny they were inevitable obvious licenses (maybe a bit sooner than expected for titan). In regards to mvm C was average, heavens memo pad intrigues me but it would have to be blu ray (since US is blu) for me to buy it which probably won't be the case.
Hopefully tomorrows announcements are more exciting.

I hope they re releases some old ones from either the uk releases we used to have or some old ones that the US has and hasn't been releasesd in the UK

lol, Red Garden. Didn't expect to ever see that coming back. Good show, actually, but sold terribly (like double figures terribly) by all accounts.

Would have cared more about Titan if the manga wasn't better. Just sayin'...

Kinda sorta interested in Heaven's Memo Pad for dem original Mel Kishida designs, but I'd prefer BD and I doubt we'll get that from MVM.

Woo - is that the quickest announcement for a UK release with Titan and Manga? Glad it's being released as well as Heaven's Memo Pad which i've been wanting to import.

Ever since I learned that Attack on Titan wasn't a sci-fi set on the biggest moon of Saturn, I've not been interested. C felt like Pokemon crossed with the financial crisis.

Wooting at Khazi not getting the Tiger & Bunny movie! Actually, Khazi aren't even there this year, are they? Certainly no announcements from them, or will they be depressing me tomorrow with all the show's they'll be crapping over?

Thrilled at Heaven's Memo pad, and I've hovered over the import button for Pumpkin Scissors for quite a while. I keep getting Red Garden confused with The Wallflower, both of which were ADV titles that crashed and burned, which one is Gantz, with High School Girls, cos that looks good?

My personal favourite announcement of today is Shangri-La. I love that show, classic Gonzo sci-fi with crappy ending that it is. It just has the best world-building, and Range Murata designs, and it's great until the last two episodes that I'll forgive it that. The AU release is NTSC, so we most likely won't be getting a crappy standards conversion on this one.

Heh, "Khazi".

Never seen The Wallflower but "Gantz with High School Girls" sounds like it could be describing Red Garden. I'd say it's one of Gonzo's best shows, especially good once the characters stopped spontaneously breaking out into song about 6 or 7 episodes in.

Pleased to hear about the 'Daphne in the Brilliant Blue' and 'Pumpkin Scissors' rescues.

Both are shows I'd wanted to pick up months back, and couldn't because of my ailing finances. Will be picking these up, yes sir.

Just Passing Through said:
Wooting at Khazi not getting the Tiger & Bunny movie! Actually, Khazi aren't even there this year, are they? Certainly no announcements from them, or will they be depressing me tomorrow with all the show's they'll be crapping over?

No presence at all. They have a stand but it's just a double-sided poster with no staff (and no AOL stand). Anime Limited was selling some Kaze releases at their stand with none of the usual extra merchandise from France.

Other than the DVDs on sale Andrew seemed to be acting entirely under the Anime Limited banner this time.

R

Rui said:
No presence at all. They have a stand but it's just a double-sided poster with no staff (and no AOL stand). Anime Limited was selling some Kaze releases at their stand with none of the usual extra merchandise from France.
R
It was literally just a double sided board thing with a Tiger & Bunny image on it, stating that their titles were for sale at Manga/Anime Limited booths. Not even an Anime on Delay booth like there has been the last two times.

For me the announcements were disappointing to say the least - especially since FSN:UBW and Yamato slipped the other day - and even more so when Tony stated that this was the rest of MVM's 2013 schedule.
That said, with the announcement of the Tiger & Bunny movie, I hope that Anime Limited are here to take over from Kaze since they are doing such a piss poor job.
I'm kind of looking forward to going back tomorrow just to find out what else Andrew has.

Just Passing Through said:
Thrilled at Heaven's Memo pad
[...]
My personal favourite announcement of today is Shangri-La. I love that show, classic Gonzo sci-fi with crappy ending that it is. It just has the best world-building, and Range Murata designs, and it's great until the last two episodes that I'll forgive it that.
These are the two for me also. I came close to importing Shangri-la from Japan at the time, mainly for the Range Murata art though.

Didn't Tony say all of their new licences but Shangri-La were scheduled for 2013? There's going to be quite a wait...

New titles to be released this year are Red Garden, Pumpkin Scissors, Heavens Memo Pad and c-control. Will be live on the site next week.
We've also relicensed Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. Again will be on site next week for pre order.
- MVM's Twitter.

With regards to earlier Kaze/AOL discussion - considering AOL is undergoing whatever changes next season, I wonder if they'll be announced at all tomorrow.

MVM are the only ones to have anything that interests me. Those being Heaven's Memo Pad and [C]: Control. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Back