Attack on Titan, Tiger & Bunny: The beginning + more licensed at MCM comiccon

PandoraHane

Vampire Ninja
Re: Expo License Thread

MVM are the only ones to have anything that interests me. Those being Heaven's Memo Pad and [C]: Control. Hopefully there will be more to come.
 

SnowWolf

Adventurer
Re: Expo License Thread

I wonder if Manga are planning to do the same thing for "Attack on Titan" that they did with "Blue Exorcist"? Beginning with a subtitle only dvd and then releasing the dub in a blu ray /dvd combo.
 

Dan

Thousand Master
Re: Expo License Thread

SnowWolf said:
I wonder if Manga are planning to do the same thing for "Attack on Titan" that they did with "Blue Exorcist"? Beginning with a subtitle only dvd and then releasing the dub in a blu ray /dvd combo.
I think that might depend on how BE sells.
 

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Re: Expo License Thread

SnowWolf said:
I wonder if Manga are planning to do the same thing for "Attack on Titan" that they did with "Blue Exorcist"? Beginning with a subtitle only dvd and then releasing the dub in a blu ray /dvd combo.
Probably but i think its safe to say the series wont come to the uk until 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2014 and i think im being optimistic. I dont see Manga uk release before Funimation, even more if Funimation would produce dub before releasing...
 
Re: Expo License Thread

Not a whole lot of interest there for me; C for Control looks like it might be worth a look though opinion seems a bit mixed on it. Seems to be much the same story with Shangri-La.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

Will get a front page news post on this when I get behind and actual pc. Phones are still iffy to work with for me.

Has the second part of the industry panel been done yet? I'm curious to see what Anime Limited has up its sleeves since they did say there was one other announcement to make today
 

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

Arbalest said:
Will get a front page news post on this when I get behind and actual pc. Phones are still iffy to work with for me.

Has the second part of the industry panel been done yet? I'm curious to see what Anime Limited has up its sleeves since they did say there was one other announcement to make today
Andrew couldn't make it, so it's all done with. Only announcement made today was One Piece 5-8 & confirmation of Roberta's blood trail coming to the UK.
 

st_owly (witch)

Time-Traveller
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

Pretty happy with Heaven's Memo Pad. Watched it as it was airing and loved it. Never thought we'd get it here.
 
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

MVM win by default...

Not blown away by Manga's announcements, two movies, one new series, more One Piece and a wodge of speculation. Nothing new about Khazi having Roberta's Blood Trail...

It even looks like Manga are back-tracking with more Fairy Tail, as the last time it looked like they were just about to set a release date for Part 5, now in this tweet it looks like negotiations are ongoing...

Maybe Anime Limited could have pulled something amazing out today, but obviously that didn't happen. But with MVM with six announcements, five of which are new licenses, and two of which are definitely on my list, they win.
 

Y-San

Shinki
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

To be fair, with the amount that Manga are releasing over the next six months though, isn't it? I mean, I realise you have consider more than the immediate future when it comes to this kinda business but it wasn't like they were going to be able to keep up the rate they've been going at indefinitely.

Personally I was actually starting to feel kind of overwhelmed with the amount of titles coming out this year, though some people have more disposable income than others, so I can imagine that it's not as much of a problem for some people.
 
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

Lawrence said:
To be fair, with the amount that Manga are releasing over the next six months though, isn't it? I mean, I realise you have consider more than the immediate future when it comes to this kinda business but it wasn't like they were going to be able to keep up the rate they've been going at indefinitely.

Personally I was actually starting to feel kind of overwhelmed with the amount of titles coming out this year, though some people have more disposable income than others, so I can imagine that it's not as much of a problem for some people.
Yes, but with early license announcements to pre-empt importing the apparent way forward, I would have thought that they would have had some more 2014 indications. As it is, the final quarter of 2013 still seems pretty vague at this point for Manga, whereas it looks like MVM have filled up their 2013 schedule.

EDIT: Here's a link to the previous more confirmed looking news abou Fairy Tail
 

Agent-347

Student Council President
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

To say the very least: MVM is on a good roll with licences & announcements, most of the time I only have one reason to not get their 2013 releases: The lack of blu-ray. That counts for Canaan, Needless, Bodacious Space Pirates, Dream Eater Merry, Shakugan no Shana, Ga-Rei Zero, Mayo Chiki, Waiting in the Summer, ef - A tale of Memories, ef - A Tale of Melodies, Inu x Boku SS & Is This a Zombie?. And assuming their latest announcements will be dvd-only as well I can add Is This a Zombie of the Dead, Heaven's Memo Pad & C - Control to that list.

Ironically, the title that has my least interest, Kids on the Slope, is getting a BD... I'm planning to get that eventually, but really... All anime I mentioned above interest me WAY more than KotS. =_=
And MVM said on their FaceBook they'll release Bakemonogatari in a complete collection eventually, so even though part 1 is being released on my birthday I think I'll wait for the complete collection. ^_^

So there is only one MVM title I'm actually planning to get as a pre-order: Another (BD).
And if by some miracle Heaven's Memo Pad gets released on BD I'll get that too, but MVM being MVM I don't think they'll author blu-rays themselves this year. So... Another. ^_^

The re-releases of MVM have my interest, but are unlikely to be pre-orders of mine. Same goes for Shangri-La.

As for Manga Entertainment announcements... They were weak... I have no interest whatsoever in One Piece, DBZ, & Space Battleship Yamamoto movie.
I'm considering to get Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, but am hoping for a BD release of both Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Zero as well so I can own the whole thing on blu-ray.
I think the stars of this summer's MangaUK releases are Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate & Blue Exorcist.
Whether or not I'll pre-order any of these is yet to be determined (I prefer complete collections OR parts with artboxes *looks at FUNi's Shiki LE*).
And I guess this means we'll have to wait until 20 July for the huge pile of MangaUK's Q4 announcements... (Assuming they won't announce too many things on their June podcast)

The most surprising announcement was they have Attack on Titan, but knowing Funimation got it and it being a spring 2013 anime we might not see any form of release until 2015... (Yeah, maybe a summer 2014 in USA followed by a fall 2014 in UK if we are lucky, but most of the time the Funimation release is 18 to 24 months after the first episode's airing so yeah... I'm having low expectations and only expect a dvd+blu-ray release in 2015)

As for Kaze... What's up with their "more UK rights in the future" and there being no REAL announcements?
I'm thinking about mailing the French department about a few licences they have and "beg" for an UK licence like eg. Air Gear.

As for Anime Limited: I really like the Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning announcement.
The only thing I think Anime Ltd should try to do with their releases is having a cheap regular edition from the get-go. (I don't mind blue Amaray cases... Give me a reversible cover and I'm happy. I do prefer slipcovers and chipboard artboxes and colored blu-ray cases, but don't find them necessary) I'm interested in all their titles so far but have trouble affording them. (I do not have a job. -_-") I'll wait for packaging shots to make my final decision but currently it doesn't look like I'll be getting anything at initial release. (Hoping for Cowboy Bebop complete collection BD in 2014, and a pricedrop/cheaper release for their movies)

As for the announcement that was going to be made today not being made because Andrew couldn't make it.. I honestly think Andrew was going to announce they are going to release Durarara on BD over 2 volumes, with part 1 being released mid-November and part 2 being released mid-January 2014. (Followed by half of this forum/Twitter/FaceBook cheering and the other half saying they got the US BD lunchbox release... =P)
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

Agent-347 said:
I'm considering to get Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, but am hoping for a BD release of both Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Zero as well so I can own the whole thing on blu-ray.
I believe Madman has Fate/Zero and said they will be doing a BD/DVD release eventually so I think it's safe to assume that whoever releases it here will do the same.
Fate Stay Night on the other hand... don't bother hoping for one. If what I've read is correct, the Japanese bluray is 1080i, yet the version Sentai got to put out is much worse. The show doesn't exactly look good to begin with...

Agent-347 said:
I think the stars of this summer's MangaUK releases are Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate & Blue Exorcist.
Whether or not I'll pre-order any of these is yet to be determined (I prefer complete collections OR parts with artboxes *looks at FUNi's Shiki LE*).
If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at Aniplex's Blue Exorcist Bluray set. Now that looks nice (and expensive).

Agent-347 said:
As for Kaze... What's up with their "more UK rights in the future" and there being no REAL announcements?
I'm thinking about mailing the French department about a few licences they have and "beg" for an UK licence like eg. Air Gear.
Please don't. Let Kaze die quietly.

Agent-347 said:
As for Anime Limited.... I'll wait for packaging shots to make my final decision but currently it doesn't look like I'll be getting anything at initial release. (Hoping for Cowboy Bebop complete collection BD in 2014, and a pricedrop/cheaper release for their movies)
Wut. We have a new company that's trying something different and you're not going to support them until their prices drop/release a complete series? Nice.

Agent-347 said:
As for the announcement that was going to be made today not being made because Andrew couldn't make it.. I honestly think Andrew was going to announce they are going to release Durarara on BD over 2 volumes, with part 1 being released mid-November and part 2 being released mid-January 2014. (Followed by half of this forum/Twitter/FaceBook cheering and the other half saying they got the US BD lunchbox release... =P)
I don't know if you were at expo/noticed, but they were using the Lunchbox from Aniplex's limited edition Durarara!! set as a money box...
Just sayin'

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Christmas Dragonball Z boxset they were talking about, they were talking about it being a complete S1-9 collection with only a limited amount (I think Jerome said 1000?) being produced.
 

Agent-347

Student Council President
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

People always seem to be hating on me. XD I'm used to it, yet it's the reason why I'm so often depressed. =P Yet I'm laughing a lot.
People following me on Twitter know I don't live in the UK & am an anglophile, and just so you know: the anime industry disappeared here together with Beez leaving us mainly with Kaze & Dybex. (And I only got into anime summer 2011...) I support UK/US/AU releases. (+ I hate french)

Mangaranga said:
Agent-347 said:
I'm considering to get Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, but am hoping for a BD release of both Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Zero as well so I can own the whole thing on blu-ray.
I believe Madman has Fate/Zero and said they will be doing a BD/DVD release eventually so I think it's safe to assume that whoever releases it here will do the same.
Fate Stay Night on the other hand... don't bother hoping for one. If what I've read is correct, the Japanese bluray is 1080i, yet the version Sentai got to put out is much worse. The show doesn't exactly look good to begin with...
Initially I downloaded Fate/Stay Night, and honestly... The downloads I have look pretty awesome, yet I don't know whether the encoder did something to the files or not. They were rips from the Japanese BD as far as I know...
Before I get the "You downloaded it?"-hate. 1: I haven't watched it yet, just browsed through some episodes. 2: I downloaded it before I got the ability to buy anime in september 2012. 3: Isn't a 1080i BD better than a dvd? I don't know... I still think the Shakugan no Shana BDs look better than the dvds as well judging the screenshots.

The next thing I'll say is really wishful thinking but I hope the MVM licence for Fate/Stay Night dating back to 2009/2010 expires soon so Anime Ltd can release it onto blu-ray. I have faith in those guys at Anime Ltd.
(And Mangaranga and some others might think: "so much faith but not buying anything.." There is a difference inbetween something I'm begging for myself and something just appearing on the scene.)

Either way... I am considering holding off watching anything Fate/ until I own both Fate/Zero & Fate/Stay Night:Unlimited Blade Works on blu-ray and then watch what I have here (yes, 2 BD and 1 D/L) and wait for a good blu-ray release of F/SN that does this series justice. Even if that means waiting until 2050... It won't take that long I believe... I think... I hope... Okay... ^_^

Mangaranga said:
Agent-347 said:
I think the stars of this summer's MangaUK releases are Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate & Blue Exorcist.
Whether or not I'll pre-order any of these is yet to be determined (I prefer complete collections OR parts with artboxes *looks at FUNi's Shiki LE*).
If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at Aniplex's Blue Exorcist Bluray set. Now that looks nice (and expensive).
Yeah, I know... I'd also love to purchase the Japanese Haruhi blu-ray box... But I can't afford that. No job, no income, limited amount of money.
I'm going to support the MangaUK release even if it are just barebone amaray cases. Whether I'll pre-order or not is another question. I might do it...
I'll see what I can justify this summer when the Q4 release schedule is out in the open. In the meanwhile I think I'll go for Deadman Wonderland...
My decisions aren't final until the anime has been released.

Mangaranga said:
Agent-347 said:
As for Kaze... What's up with their "more UK rights in the future" and there being no REAL announcements?
I'm thinking about mailing the French department about a few licences they have and "beg" for an UK licence like eg. Air Gear.
Please don't. Let Kaze die quietly.
Well... I'm not so happy with their flaws either but don't think we'll get a better version of some of their licences either... (UN-Go would've been dvd-only from Manga/MVM)
Also: their releases aren't performing that bad as far as I know so I don't see them going under in the UK before MVM, and I don't see MVM going under soon. Yeah... I don't understand how the people in France can be happy with up to 13 episodes crammed onto one blu-ray disc... Without signs track... However, I'm hoping somebody reviews (and maybe screenshots) the UN-Go blu-ray soon so I know how good/bad it is. I can live with some things, but not with anything like Mawaru Penguindrum. Those screenshots were awful. Worse than Shakugan no Shana in my opinion.

Also: did anybody ever try mailing Kaze FR and telling THEM about (y)our complaints? I mailed once to them, the french department, in English and got a nice reply they were going to look into it. Not telling what I asked as I expect more hate... =P It's not because you can't get decent replies from MangaUK or Andrew about Kaze releases that you can't reach them. ^_~

Mangaranga said:
Agent-347 said:
As for Anime Limited.... I'll wait for packaging shots to make my final decision but currently it doesn't look like I'll be getting anything at initial release. (Hoping for Cowboy Bebop complete collection BD in 2014, and a pricedrop/cheaper release for their movies)
Wut. We have a new company that's trying something different and you're not going to support them until their prices drop/release a complete series? Nice.
Yeah... I know... Like I said earlier: I'd also love to own the Japanese Haruhi BD box, but it is something I cannot afford.
And if you noticed the timeframe I got into anime you do know that was after singles disappeared (except K-On). I never lived the £20 per 4 episodes period, or the £20 per 2-episode VHS era, or whatever it all really cost back then.
I only know I live in a household/country where €10 (£8.50) for a movie is too expensive. I got Revenge of the Nerds, all four for about €12... xD Awesome movies though. ^_^ I never got a lot from my parents because all I want is too expensive... And now here I am.. Fan of anime, one of the most expensive things there is. xD Before summer 2011 I also was pretty unaware of blu-ray, I was aware of it, but didn't get what was so awesome about it. Then I got a laptop with a blu-ray player, and got Unstoppable on BD for my birthday. One of my best discoveries ever, next to anime. 2011 was a good year for me. =P

New company... I never even really knew Beez, Revelations or ADV (UK)... I'm happy MVM survived what happened... (Even though they should get more into BD..)
So, in other words, Anime Ltd is actually the first real change in the UK anime industry I'm going to experience... (Not counting 101 Anime for now.)

But imagine you only got into anime in summer 2011, thanks to Sentai's English dubs (I started with: Clannad, Angel Beats, Needless & Demon King Daimao), and you live in a country 10 times smaller in population than the UK where anime is even less present. (Yet: Bleach (Jap dub), Ghost in the Shell: SAC SSS (English dub) & Naruto (English dub) did air here on tv in 2011/2012. xD)
You were only 16 (almost 17) and only have 2 persons to talk to about anime, but they are more of the newer anime. (FYI: I'm now 18)
For quite a long time I never even knew Perfect Blue existed. I even think I only learnt about it in that one MangaUK podcast... xD
I only learnt about Michiko & Hatchin when Funimation announced it. Red Garden? Is new to me! Pumpkin Scissors: never heard of before!
Whatsoever.. I think I'll enjoy the movie, but spending €30.5 (£26) on Perfect Blue is very expensive to me... 80 minutes, €30.5...

And if I'm allowed I'll state the following: fIf I had an income I'd have less problems with buying these expensive releases because my wallet would get fueled every month as well, I would love nothing more than buying ALL the Anime Limited's releases as pre-orders cause I really love limited edition boxsets (*once again I'm looking at my right where I have Okami-San & Shiki on BD from USA in their respective limited edition chipboard artboxsets*)(*And once again I'm drooling over the Japanese Haruhi BD box and the Ground Control to Psycho-Electic Girl US BD release*). But I need to justify everything I want... without an income once again...

To begin with, I need to keep an eye on release dates too... Most of you guys may have hundreds of anime dvds and tens of anime blu-rays, of which a huge pile is backlog... My backlog is the purchasing part: I've the ability to buy anime since september 2012. So I don't have just the new anime releases I can choose from. The last time I counted I believe I had 30 UK BDs, 10 AU BDs, and about 40 US BDs on my to get list. Excuse me, but that is actually being in hell in your own hobby. Having a backlog can be painful when you already own it, it's worse when you still need to get it.

There are titles I want that have been out for quite a long time that are set to go OOP or are OOP. I did order the three oldest titles on my anime BD wishlist last week. (Paprika, Devil May Cry & Origin: Spirits of the Past) That means I spent €65 on 3 OOP titles in the last 2 months: Tenjho Tenge, Texhnolyze & Devil May Cry. And the anime I want to own most on dvd (TsukuYomi Moon Phase) was already OOP before I got into anime, that's why I'm bugging anime distributors for it. I'd happily pay Outlaw Stars' price (or even £10 more) for Moon Phase. ^_^

Either way.. My point is: Anime Ltd is asking me to spend €30 on an 80-minute anime movie from 1998 I THINK I'll like... Yeah... That's hard to justify. It basically is a half-blind buy as I haven't watched any trailers, I'm just going by the public's reactions and the premise on MAL.

As for Cowboy Bebop. I watched the anime in april 2012, not too long ago, I love it and MUST get the BD.. I really MUST own it.
And basically I'll try to buy the volumes on BD, but I don't think I'll be able to justify it. I watched it only a year ago after all.
So in all honesty I don't feel the urge to rewatch it this year, and when the urge isn't there it might be better to just wait for the full boxset in a barebone amaray case. I'm not unwilling to support it, I just want to get the most out of my money. And inbetween £55 for the parts and the presumably £40 for the complete collection in 2014 I think I'll go for the complete collection. (Or I'll beg to get it for my birthday... Or christmas.. That's a possibility too.)

I also "drooled" over the 3 Madoka Magica Aniplex LE BDs... I now own the MangaUK complete BD release with awesome slipcover & reversible cover (<3). It's not much but hey... I own it at the very least on blu-ray.

You guys have cool artboxes from MVM, ADV, Revelations,... on your shelves.. The "fattest" release I own is Shiki. I'm jealous, true story...

As for Outlaw Star I'm coming back to my point about MVM dvd releases & the same problem like with Perfect Blue: it's a half blind buy + a native dvd release. I'll get this eventually, I promise this to Andrew, I really will. Maybe I'll be able to justify the cost this august, looking at the august schedule there are only 4 things I want: Naruto Shippuden movies boxset BD, Bakemonogatari P1 BD, F/SN UBW BD, & Outlaw Star DVD. It'd be foolish of me to pre-order anything Bleach or Naruto as long as I don't have a job, I'd really love to buy Bakemonogatari but I'm not going over the problem. And seeing there are only 2 things left I might be able to justify it, can't promise anything... There still is that huge backlog of in print titles I want... I'm living in hell it seems.

And then there's Place Promised... 90+30 minutes... Once again €30... Currently of all October releases I'm aware of (FMA:B C2, Perfect Blue, Place Promised & likely Another) I'm set to make Another a definite pre-order, just a no-brainer. Yet is Place Promised so highly acclaimed, and does it look so nice in AMVs and such that it is one of those sole exceptions I might make for a blind-buy. (Just like 5cms per Second whenever that gets released on BD here)
At the moment that is the most plausible pre-order of mine of all Anime Limited's releases. (Not counting the expected DRRRR BD from them)

m
Mangaranga said:
Agent-347 said:
]As for the announcement that was going to be made today not being made because Andrew couldn't make it.. I honestly think Andrew was going to announce they are going to release Durarara on BD over 2 volumes, with part 1 being released mid-November and part 2 being released mid-January 2014. (Followed by half of this forum/Twitter/FaceBook cheering and the other half saying they got the US BD lunchbox release... =P)
I don't know if you were at expo/noticed, but they were using the Lunchbox from Aniplex's limited edition Durarara!! set as a money box...
Just sayin'
Sounds like a confirmation to me. =D I think that DRRR might be able to trick me into pre-ordering that if it comes from Anime Ltd. =D
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

Right Agent-347, before I start, I think I need to apologise for anything I have said which may have seemed hateful/offensive etc. It wasn't intended to come off that way.
Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember speaking to you on twitter before. Don't you live in Holland or somewhere around there?

Agent-347 said:
Initially I downloaded Fate/Stay Night, and honestly... The downloads I have look pretty awesome, yet I don't know whether the encoder did something to the files or not. They were rips from the Japanese BD as far as I know...
1080i BD is indeed better than a DVD, the issue here is that Sentai have been getting crappy masters to work with as of late, and FSN has a few issues. Here you can find a quick overview of the first half of the series and a review of the Bluray itself.
Personally I think that the artstyle doesn't exactly help - and the show looks pretty meh itself, but hey, maybe that's partially because I've only actually seen part of it whilst I've fully seen Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Zero which look much better.

Agent-347 said:
Before I get the "You downloaded it?"-hate.
Bleh, no hate from me. Doing so is a good way to get the audience, but I probably have a slightly different view because I download a bit and buy a lot of anime.

Agent-347 said:
Also: did anybody ever try mailing Kaze FR and telling THEM about (y)our complaints? I mailed once to them, the french department, in English and got a nice reply they were going to look into it. Not telling what I asked as I expect more hate... =P It's not because you can't get decent replies from MangaUK or Andrew about Kaze releases that you can't reach them. ^_~
That's not really the point. They make ZERO effort to keep in touch with the UK market. Manga and Andrew (when he used to be in charge of their twitter feed) do/did all the work.
At the end of the day, we are just a tacked on territory - they will continue to do things as they always have been - they're not going to completely re-author a release for us, or do things differently just so we get non crappy releases.

Agent-347 said:
Before summer 2011 I also was pretty unaware of blu-ray, I was aware of it, but didn't get what was so awesome about it. Then I got a laptop with a blu-ray player, and got Unstoppable on BD for my birthday. One of my best discoveries ever, next to anime. 2011 was a good year for me. =P
Same for me actually. Got my PS3 in 2011 and have pretty much bought Blurays exclusively since. I claimed there wasn't much of a difference before... I'll just blame the bad in-store demos...
I'd been into anime for a while, but I never actually bought any of it since I was going off of recommendations of things which weren't on BD outside Japan/in UK. (Clannad/Bakemonogatari/Code Geass etc.) Getting a region Free BD player was the best thing to happen to me.

Agent-347 said:
There are titles I want that have been out for quite a long time that are set to go OOP or are OOP. I did order the three oldest titles on my anime BD wishlist last week. (Paprika, Devil May Cry & Origin: Spirits of the Past)........ There still is that huge backlog of in print titles I want... I'm living in hell it seems.
I actually... feel kinda bad now... Do you have an amazon wishlist or anything? Maybe I can gift you something...

I'm actually kind of impressed that despite your situation you still buy as much as you do, even though it's not available to you locally. I also forget sometimes that even though these announcements come months/years after the US release it can be a big thing to people who live in, or rely on UK releases.
 

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

I attended the panel and it was really awesome how MangaUK had only managed to show a single frame of the Attack on Titan trailer (due to a slight video problem) and the room ERUPTED with cheers. With Sword Art Online, they said that the companies would have to have a knife fight backstage over it, but it will definitely come out at some point.
It did make me feel guilty that no one cheered at MVM's announcements. I guess it's because unlike MangaUK, they didn't have any trailers to show off and also, the shows they licensed were predominantly license rescues of shows that aren't pretty current. However, I did ask Tony at the MVM booth about A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun - if I remember correctly, he told me that he has looked into them before, but they are "on the back burner", before he asked me if another company had licensed them (I replied that MangaUK previously said that they wouldn't due to the Universal thing, but I was hopeful that MVM could due to getting out Shana II).

Also, during the MangaUK podcast, I did ask MangaUK about the Madoka movies - Jerome told me that people are still talking to people.
 

HellCat

Stand User
Re: Expo License Thread (Updated)

That Madoka question...I need confirmation! The answer we got sounded pretty hopeful but as others have said last time we got promising news about Fairy Tail which seems to have gone back a few steps.

The Yamato trailer looked pretty awesome. I hadn't actually seen any footage from it before but wow :eek: Maybe this is why Sony are looking into a Gundam movie?
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
During the anime industry panel at the MCM Comic-con this weekend, MangaUK, Anime Limited, MVM and ViZ all announced their new license acquisitions, although Anime limited where only able announce one of their two licenses during the weekend, as Andrew Partidge was unable to attend the industry panel for Sunday.&nbsp;

MangaUK picked up the extremely popular <strong>Attack on Titan</strong> series, which they hope to get to us as soon as possible, though still expect it to be a release for next year. They also went onto announce that they have picked up the live action adaptation of <strong>Space Battleship Yamato</strong>. which they plan to release on August the 19th this year. During the Q&A section, they also let slip that they have the license to the film <strong>Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works</strong> set for release on August 26th for both Blu-Ray and DVD. They also have plans to release a Limited Edition box set for <strong>Dragonball Z</strong> for christmas, they have the license for <strong>One Piece collections 5-8</strong> and that Kaze UK have the rights to <strong>Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail</strong> and will release on DVD/Blu-Ray, but have no dates as of yet.

MVM are set to re-release <strong>Daphne in the Brilliant Blue</strong> now they have it re-licensed, they rescued <strong>Pumpkin Scissors</strong> and <strong>Red Garden</strong> from ADV and also picked up new licenses in the form of <strong>Shangri-la</strong>, <strong>Heaven's Memo Pad</strong> and <strong>[C]: Control</strong>. No dates or details given for release as of yet.
Anime Limited only where able to announce one of their titles this weekend, that being <strong>Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning</strong>, set for a release later in the year.

Finally ViZ media where present at the industry panel as well and announced that they have the licenses to release <strong>The Legend of Zelda</strong> manga and <strong>Magi </strong>will be starting it's release in October. They also brought up <strong>Bakuman</strong> being released as a full box set, <strong>One Piece</strong> is getting a 1-26 box release which covers the entire first main arc and brought up the Tiger & Bunny manga and T&B: The Beginning manga.
 

Semajer

Brigade Leader
Re: Attack on Titan, Tiger & Bunny: The beginning + more lic

Any details on what the Limited Edition DBZ boxset is going to be? Also, it's nice that the Zelda manga is actually getting released here.
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Re: Attack on Titan, Tiger & Bunny: The beginning + more lic

Semajer said:
Any details on what the Limited Edition DBZ boxset is going to be?
JM said it would be all nine seasons of DBZ in one box, but only a limited amount would be produced.
On the topic of Dragonball, in the live Q&A, I thought it was pretty cool of Jerome to offer a free copy of DBZ season 1 to the young kid who asked what it was. Not very often you see something like that.
 
Top