Another thread about 4chan

Ryo Chan said:
there we go, i hearby christen you

Anime UK News 2

If said person complains, can that user be banned. on the grounds of disturbance of the peace and ignorance to civilities within a community which lead to provoking a response which lead to another member being banned.

in personal opinion i'd rather see Aion around here than the person in question.

*spell checked for said persons peace of mind*
[;

Aion said:
The forum is ****, no-one likes anybody and most posters have probably had suicidal thoughts from time to time. There's no need to make a drama out of it.
Wanted to reply to this on separate and almost forgot.

I like you, even though I don't believe you like me. You post great recommendations, good reviews and you're always on the lookout for a bargain and share this with everyone.

If only you could refrain from calling people names...

chaos said:
Aion said:
The forum is ****, no-one likes anybody and most posters have probably had suicidal thoughts from time to time. There's no need to make a drama out of it.
Wanted to reply to this on separate and almost forgot.

I like you, even though I don't believe you like me. You post great recommendations, good reviews and you're always on the lookout for a bargain and share this with everyone.

If only you could refrain from calling people names...

I agree with Chaos, and the last bit about name calling reminds me of sawyer from Lost :lol: :thumb:

chaos said:
...he did the same luring Aion to go over the line which resulted in Aion's ban.
I call that trolling.

He is doing exactly the same again, after being constantly warned to stop.

That should be all the reason needed for it...

2zdn9g0.jpg

personally, i think Rena has the right idea

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fuga6XMR5gU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fuga6XMR5gU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

though Chaos would probually go this route

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgW_kV54cgQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgW_kV54cgQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think most of us would love to see that.

Has CG ever actually been given an official warning apart from people in a thread telling him to stop?
Even if the admins aren't going to ban him, I think at least some sort of official warning via PM would be in order. Maybe a three strikes and out rule for people who're being overly disruptive?

we do have a 3 strikes rule going at the moment, but that's down to admins to decided if it's warrented

i just fight the never ending battle against the evil forces of sambo and his army of spambots

Maltos said:
I think most of us would love to see that.

Has CG ever actually been given an official warning apart from people in a thread telling him to stop?
Even if the admins aren't going to ban him, I think at least some sort of official warning via PM would be in order. Maybe a three strikes and out rule for people who're being overly disruptive?
We have the three strikes rule, but in the end every case is a separate case.
Admin decisions are final. We can let people come back later, but that's to our discretion.

The three strike system is so people get a chance to change their approach before losing their voice entirely. Sometimes people get fired up and go too far on a single occasion. If not those three "lives" can be burned through rather quickly through repeats of the behaviour.

I'd rather not discuss individual warnings in public unless the recipients wish to mention them. Actual bannings become common knowledge very quickly, however, even if they're not announced.

R

I was going to properly reply, but then chaos more or less blamed me for the bad behaviour of another member, and then blamed me for the banning of that member; thus I realised that the administration is now intrinsically biased and unreasonable and there is no point in attempting to use reason with those who are so stunningly irrational. The attempted joke that is AUKN2 was embarrassingly unfunny (and I mean, I actually physically cringed), too, and that rather put me off this discussion entirely. I'll just stop complaining about Rui et al who are completely spoiling this forum with the wanton crippling of heated debates (that most people seem to enjoy; those heated threads get the most replies, FWIW) through locking, bizarre hypocrisy ("use PMs, they're great! Just not for me") and shocking self-importance.

Maxon said:
You're not being listened to

AUKN is ignoring me, eh? And they're showing this by posting reply after reply to my posts that total 3 pages? Your observation skills perhaps need some fine tuning ;]

CitizenGeek said:
The attempted joke that is AUKN2 was embarrassingly unfunny, too, and that rather put me off this discussion entirely.

maybe it wasn't funny, but in the end it says the final message on the topic

the place isn't going to change just for one user, so you have 3 choices in the end.

1. Live with it
2. Move on
3. continue as you are and end up upseting more member till the so called "power crazy admins" ban you.

i don't see where your trying to get by arguing with Chaos and Rui, theres not going to be a higher power that comes to your rescue if you do upset enough people to warrent a ban.

If chaos and Rui do ban me, they'll be setting a precedent I don't think they want to set. Besides, I don't think I'll ever get the chance to be banned because any topic with disagreement is now automatically locked by Rui (just not before she gets the last word in, of course!) :]

I see, I didn't know about the whole Aion business.

Currently harassment is classified as personal attack, if you changed that to incitement, it would be much easier to identify cases on their facts. So even if the member in question has not made any personal attacks yet, it is fairly easy to tell that he is acting with an aim to inciting others.

There is nothing wrong with heated debates, if they are in fact debating material issues. Whether a member uses 'fag' or 'bra' are entirely immaterial ones, and malicious intent behind the facade of pedantry is immediately obvious.

In addition, I have to say that the forum design of AUKN2 is piss.

I won't ever ban someone for insulting me, but if you troll other members you're as vulnerable to the three strike warning system as anyone else. Debates are fine, bullying and trolling are not. That's the key theme here. Avoid falling into the traps of the second two words there and you can debate away forever without me needing to interrupt. I'd taken it as common sense but I'm happy to put up an official rule about it if need be.

Tangentially trolling often has the effect of causing people other than the actual troll to get banned, because the troll functions by winding everyone else up so much that they end up breaking the rules themselves to hit back in a heightened emotional state. Hence the common expression online, "do not feed the trolls".

R

Back