Another thread about 4chan

CitizenGeek said:
Why does Spyro201 think this is 4chan? :s

Wut? =/

I thought complimenting his hair was being friendly... and you seem to think people on 4chan are all dicks...?

You used "bra", obviously a 4chan idiom. I don't care what peiople on 4chan are like, but it's annoying when people treat other forum like they are 4chan. AUKN isn't 4chan, just in case you missed that ;]

CitizenGeek said:
You used "bra", obviously a 4chan idiom. I don't care what peiople on 4chan are like, but it's annoying when people treat other forum like they are 4chan. AUKN isn't 4chan, just in case you missed that ;]

LOLLERS

I say 'Bra' in real life. I don't really see how that makes me a 4chan fag?

So y'know- I don't use 4chan xD - I've only ever vistited once.

Unless you yourself have been on 4chan, how would you know where each and every word everyone says comes from? Its a bit silly to nit-pick on trivialities like "bra'" if you ask me, as its only someone typing as they see fit. You do the same, as do i, so why complain?

On topic: For some reason Derfel, i never expected you too look quite like that, hah. Hair probably is the reason ;p

Spyro201 said:
Niiiiice hair bra'

Thanks hahaha.

Arbalest said:
On topic: For some reason Derfel, i never expected you too look quite like that, hah. Hair probably is the reason ;p

Yeah, I try to write civilised whenever possible, so that may be contradicting my barbarian countenance rofl.

As for 'bra'. Nowhere do the rules mention or imply that 'bra' may not be used, therefore it is ok to use it.

Spyro201 said:
LOLLERS

Now you're suffixing words with "fag"? You're so desperate and eager it's actually embarrassing. Leave 4chan on 4chan, please. Being a 4chan wannabe is just pathetic. Take a look at Lupus, for example.

CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:
LOLLERS

Now you're suffixing words with "fag"? You're so desperate and eager it's actually embarrassing. Leave 4chan on 4chan, please. Being a 4chan wannabe is just pathetic. Take a look at Lupus, for example.

Bra'- it's how I talk. I have used 4chan once, and that was when Jayme reccomended I check it out. I've not looked at it for about, a year? I'd hardly say i'm picking these phrases from 4chan.

Get real bra'- it's just how I talk. LOL.

Also- Why the **** are you dragging Lupus into this?

So you just suffix words with "fag" in real life, too? I don't buy it, Spyro201, sorry. If you want to be a sad 4chan wannabe, that's fine and perfectly within the rules. But I think you should really grow up and try to individual ;]

Spyro201 said:
Jayme reccomended I check it out. I've not looked at it for about, a year? I'd hardly say i'm picking these phrases from 4chan.
Oh cheers, thanks for this. Been ages for me, too, actually. I'm hardly up-to-date with the latest /b/ workings. Never have been, I just liked the cats and occasionally the HQ images on some of the other boards. It's not terrible IM discussion either.

CitizenGeek said:
So you just suffix words with "fag" in real life, too? I don't buy it, Spyro201, sorry. If you want to be a sad 4chan wannabe, that's fine and perfectly within the rules. But I think you should really grow up and try to individual ;]

Yeah- I do.

Why wouldn't you belive I use the word "fag" in real life?

Oh- and please don't say "it's offensive". I use it when talking with friends, so you know.

Also- what part of I dont use 4chan don't you understand? So, I don't see how I can be a 4chan wannabe.

Because only 4chan suffixes words with "fag" to denote some kind of pejorative attachment to that word. And that word is offensive. Just telling me "it's not" doesn't change that ;]

But, I bet Rui will be in here soon saying that's this argument is being ended by her and no one else can mention it again (then she'll state her own views on the argument, safe in the knowledge that no one can challenge her) and I'll incurr the scorn of the Rui-led admin for disrupting the peace and being rude, while Spyro201 will be allowed to continue using the word "fag". AUKN sure has changed for the better with the new admins, right? :]

CitizenGeek said:
Because only 4chan suffixes words with "fag" to denote some kind of pejorative attachment to that word. And that word is offensive. Just telling me "it's not" doesn't change that ;]

But, I bet Rui will be in here soon saying that's this argument is being ended by her and no one else can mention it again (then she'll state her own views on the argument, safe in the knowledge that no one can challenge her) and I'll incurr the scorn of the Rui-led admin for disrupting the peace and being rude, while Spyro201 will be allowed to continue using the word "fag". AUKN sure has changed for the better with the new admins, right? :]

I didn't say the word wasn't offensive. Lol. That's why I said I use it with friends, who all diggg that I don't mean it to offend people. Tbh- I would have thought you knew me well enough by now to know i'm not trying to offend the masses by saying "fag". I think your just taking **** way to personally. Just, chill bra', srsly.

From what i can tell, you are the only one to have a problem with us CitizenGeek, i've yet to hear anyone else say we are too power hungry or whatever, so i don't see why you are. And again, as i've said before, if you have a problem with us, take it up with us via PM, do not derail a topic to do so.
So, can we get this topic back on track now? Though no, you can't see my picture ;p For starters getting a photo of me is a tough thing to do as is.

Spyro201 said:
I didn't say the word wasn't offensive. Lol. That's why I said I use it with friends, who all diggg that I don't mean it to offend people. Tbh- I would have thought you knew me well enough by now to know i'm not trying to offend the masses by saying "fag". I think your just taking **** way to personally. Just, chill bra', srsly.

I don't know you at all :s And I don't appreciate slurs being bandied about so casually, either. But maybe that's just me?

Arbalest said:
From what i can tell, you are the only one to have a problem with us CitizenGeek, i've yet to hear anyone else say we are too power hungry or whatever, so i don't see why you are. And again, as i've said before, if you have a problem with us, take it up with us via PM, do not derail a topic to do so.
So, can we get this topic back on track now? Though no, you can't see my picture ;p For starters getting a photo of me is a tough thing to do as is.

I'm not the only one who's noticed it. I'm the only one that's mentioning it though.

I would believe you seriously meant it when you said you'd rather these discussions happened in PMs, but when Rui is unlocking threads just to get in the last word, then re-locking it once she's sure she's leaving the last impression (in yet another expression of the petty power hunger of the joy-killing new admins), it kind of undermines the whole idea that admins prefer PMs as the method of communication in these matters.

CitizenGeek said:
I don't know you at all :s And I don't appreciate slurs being bandied about so casually, either. But maybe that's just me?

That would be why in the context I use it- I don't mean it as an insult. I'm sure a man of languages such as yourself knows about context?

Also- when else have I casually banded the word 'fag' on the forum? Please, go and dig out another post!

Derfel said:
Sorry but WTF are ad hominem attacks doing in the 'Pics of everyone' thread?

I think most of us are wondering the same thing.

The picture thread is for pictures and discussion of those pictures. Please take the strange 4chan arguing to the strange 4chan thread (I've never been there and know some of these terms so it's not unreasonable that the louder 4channers have spread the language across the net). The anti-Rui stuff is, as always, welcome in my PM box.

Since it came up I'd also like to say that in general please could we avoid the use of "fag", it has certain pejorative connotations which I think reasonably fall under the offensive language rule. Even though it's common to say now it can still hurt people.

Edit: Unless explicitly talking about smoking in a very British accent. Though I don't think that tends to come up here much...

R (Having done something once which I deliberately mentioned at the time does not equate to doing it "constantly". I don't mind people criticising me but don't make things up to do so.)

Back