Another thread about 4chan

CitizenGeek said:
Hmm, ayase seems to be have missed the point of figurative speech :3
And you seem to have missed the point I was trying to make. No thread which has been closed down in the last few months, regardless of who it was that locked it was of any possible value to anyone.

I'm more or less at the point where I can have a civil discussion with you again, but you don't seem to want to get along with us CG, no matter how the other members of the forum behave towards you. No one has singled you out or attacked you personally for a long time, but you seem from time to time to just invite attacks upon yourself by yes, for want of a better word, trolling. I'm sorry if me saying so allows us to go back to a point where we behaved in a less friendly manner towards each other, but I hope that won't be necessary.

(I really wanted to finish this post with a "here's a bra we can all enjoy" picture, but sadly the internet is lacking in pics of Fujiko Mine in lingerie). If you really want to see some 4chan replication:

Thread is now about bras. Post your favourites.

Lovely thread, I've learned a few new words:
countenance
umbrage
ad hominem
detriment
partake

CitizenGeek said:
AUKN sure has changed for the better with the new admins, right? :]
Oh, you finally see it our way! That's great.

CitizenGeek said:
...But maybe that's just me?
The way I see, it's just you.

CitizenGeek said:
I'm not the only one who's noticed it. I'm the only one that's mentioning it though.
I'm sure you're right. Maybe the growing traffic on the website as whole and the number on our usage statistic are just delusions created by my hunger for power.
Not sure if you noticed as well, but the forums are picking up again lately.

AND, in case you don't know, didn't notice Paul chose mods after that argument with YOU and Aion. I wasn't involved back then, so I won't put my finger on it, but it did happen just a while after Aion's ban.

The forums were moderated before, but the previous mods moved on and the forums were left without mods for a long while. Paul didn't mod is ok or welcome, but he thought it was becoming necessary. He did ask Ryo and Arby as mods and he went to the trouble of asking people who would be a good admin. Many fingers pointed in Rui's direction back then. I don't think his decision was wrong and I still believe they are the best team we could get for this job.

CitizenGeek said:
"bra" and "bro" are merely minutely different takes on the same thing. 4chan just happens to use "bro" more often. It's not the point.
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8

Didn't dig much, but google says people on 4chan uses bra referring to women underwear. So you're wrong.

CitizenGeek said:
So, if I'm annoyed by something, I shouldn't mention that and just keep it to myself. In other words, I have no right to not be annoyed by other members. But if I annoy other members, they have a right to not be annoyed by me? Doesn't make sense, sorry. All I'm doing is voicing these objections. Of course I can't make, nor do I expect, people to do as I say, but I can at least remark on these things. If you don't want to hear it, just ignore it.
You have the right to be annoyed. You have the right to complain, to PM people or even post what annoyed you in a thread.

You do not have the right to troll though.

PS: Oh, one more thing:
In case you do not know, we have no financial compensation from running the site, we actually pay to have this running and we do it because we believe this is fun. If you don't think this forum is fun, well check this out.

I recommend blue host

PS2: on second thought , I could even set it up for you ;]

Maxon said:
However, you seem to like bringing Lupus into these arguments for some strange reason, even when he has nothing to do with it.

Lupus is the person that is polluting this site with his absurd 4chan wannabe act. If the topic is "4chan on AUKN", which it often is, I can't see how it's possible to talk about it without bringing up the number 1 offender.

it won't help you because you're just giving people an excuse to ignore you.

Hmm, if people are ignoring me, they sure have a funny way of showing it ;]

Also, I recall you objecting to my Game Collection thread and calling it an exercise in vanity, which I do know it is, even though you've posted photos of yourself in the Self Pictures thread which is even more vain. You're either a troll or hypocrite. Pick one.

Posting photos of yourself in a photo thread has the purpose of showing other people what you look like. It's not exclusively vanity. Just listing off all the games in your collection is, because no one is ever going to read through it - the only purpose it's serving is to be a list for you.

Derfel said:
1, You can bring the rudest words you want, if they were not meant to offend (the person using them lacks the intent to cause a person or persons to be offended), there can be nothing offensive about them

I apologise for finding a slur (that is in common usage as a slur) offensive. I suppose we should start using the word "nigger" and "****" and stuff now, too, because if I don't intend them as offensive, then no one is allowed to be offended, right? ^__^

There is, however, a margin of toleration. The use of the word 'bra' throughout the forums is not to your detriment in any way. It does not put you, or anyone else at a disadvantage. Even if it derives from 4chan, there is nothing inherently sinister about the word.

The word, and all the acting like pathetic 4channers that comes with it, is annoying to me. It is, therefore, to my detriment.

chaos said:
I'm sure you're right. Maybe the growing traffic on the website as whole and the number on our usage statistic are just delusions created by my hunger for power.

Oh, and that's because of how wonderful the new admins are, right? Nothing to do with the re-structuring of the forum layout (which you did on advice from the general membership) or the more active news reporting, no? If ever anyone needed proof of the egocentricity fostered by Rui (chaos would never behave like this before his admin-ship and before the influence of Rui), there it is!

AND, in case you don't know, didn't notice Paul chose mods after that argument with YOU and Aion. I wasn't involved back then, so I won't put my finger on it, but it did happen just a while after Aion's ban.

Paul never banned me, just so you know ;]

Many fingers pointed in Rui's direction back then. I don't think his decision was wrong and I still believe they are the best team we could get for this job.

Rui seems to get off on locking threads at every hint of heated argument (which can, actually, be worthwhile sometimes and often were back in the pre-Rui censoring power trip days). Appointing Rui to the position of admin was probably the worst mistake made by Paul before leaving.

You have the right to be annoyed. You have the right to complain, to PM people or even post what annoyed you in a thread.

You do not have the right to troll though.

You're going to have to clarify on how "trolling" differs from those other things, because as far as I'm aware, I've only being complaining and posting about what annoys me in a thread. The PM thing is moot - admins don't abide by it, neither should I. You can stop making that point now ;]

In case you do not know, we have no financial compensation from running the site, we actually pay to have this running and we do it because we believe this is fun. If you don't think this forum is fun, well check this out.

Oh dear, you went there. "We pay for this forum - show us respect!". Well done AUKN admin, you've convinced me beyond any kind of doubt that you are power-hungry, petty, and bitter. Great! This kind of attitude is absurd. Without users, the forum is nothing either. You're trying to deify the admins, like what happens on other forums, and you're going to end up sucking even more of the fun out of the site than even High Censor Rui has managed. You guys were much better fun when you didn't have the power.

Fer Christ's sake will you just read what other posters are saying. Here's a hint: No-one else is exactly jumping out of their seats to join in with your criticism of the forum or the way it is being run. Of course you should be able to state your views but (and this is the important part) at the end of all this, what is it going to achieve?

What the hell is fun or worthwhile (or for that matter at all productive to the health of the forums) about threads where people insult each other? If you want to prove your point, find me a thread with any merit which has been locked unfairly and link to it.

The only mistake I've noticed Rui make so far is the title of this thread. It should simply be called CitizenGeek vs. AUKN, because that's the only thing I can see going on here.

"WHY YOU DEFY ME AND NOT PICK ME AS ADMINISTRATOR!? I WANT GOOD FORUM."

Ayarse, as much as I can understand your need to argue, there are times when it's better to swear at someone and leave. You look like an attention whore if you keep arguing with someone until the end of time, as bad as the person you're arguing with.

I, of course, have never done such a thing.

The forum is ****, no-one likes anybody and most posters have probably had suicidal thoughts from time to time. There's no need to make a drama out of it.

I like a lot of people on here. Even Aion. Some people are actually cool. Even Aion. A great deal of people are hideously irritating though, and it doesn't help that the people with the power are disproportionately friendly to the cause of the hideously irritating.

If concrete examples of this terrible Admin activity CG has witnessed aren't forthcoming, I fully intend to leave this whole thing alone Aion. I've learned my lesson.

Conclusion to this topic without it resulting into further e-drama: Ban CitizenGeek. Straight up, do it. Also for an added bonus go right ahead and ban me too, I'm definately the epitome of villany on AUKN, with Aion and Spyro201 being my /b/fag underlings, clearly.

CitizenGeek said:
I apologise for finding a slur (that is in common usage as a slur) offensive. I suppose we should start using the word "nigger" and "****" and stuff now, too, because if I don't intend them as offensive, then no one is allowed to be offended, right? ^__^

Preliminary note: You fail to see the causal link between the offensive way those words are often used in and their being considered offensive.

Not with strangers, because they cannot ascertain whether you have intended to offend them or not, but when among acquaintances, yes, for a certainty, intent should be the deciding factor, not some popular presupposition.

CitizenGeek said:
The word, and all the acting like pathetic 4channers that comes with it, is annoying to me. It is, therefore, to my detriment.

Detrimentmeans:

1. Damage, harm, or loss
2. Something that causes damage, harm, or loss

Annoyance cannot be classified as something causing damage, harm or loss. Besides, your complaining annoys me. You could, perhaps, in your egocentricism notice that you have caused the members of the forum to enter into the exact same mental state (being annoyed) as Spyro's saying 'bra' caused you to enter. Hypocritical.

I definitely do think that there is no reason to ban him. He is expressing his views in a relatively civil manner, however annoying that may actually be.
Though ad hominem attacks are in fact in conflict with the rules.

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus is the person that is polluting this site with his absurd 4chan wannabe act. If the topic is "4chan on AUKN", which it often is, I can't see how it's possible to talk about it without bringing up the number 1 offender.
You're still being extremely childish by singling out a single member to make a point. It's not fair on that member.
CitizenGeek said:
Hmm, if people are ignoring me, they sure have a funny way of showing it ;]
Hmm, if you didn't act like an ass maybe people would act on your objections, which IS ignoring you.
CitizenGeek said:
Posting photos of yourself in a photo thread has the purpose of showing other people what you look like. It's not exclusively vanity. Just listing off all the games in your collection is, because no one is ever going to read through it - the only purpose it's serving is to be a list for you.
Mmhmm. Nevermind there has been some discussion in that thread.

You know what? **** this. Just leave CG. You're not being listened to and you're sucking the fun out of things. No-one is having fun with you around. I'm done arguing with you.

Derfel said:
I definitely do think that there is no reason to ban him. He is expressing his views in a relatively civil manner, however annoying that may actually be.

The main reason I'd support a banning is because of the regularity of which these sorts of arguments occur. I'm not sure whether you've been around long enough to witness any of the previous ones, but if memory serves me correct, they seem to happen every couple of months. And it always seems to be CG who has a problem with the site or the members.

And now I suppose I can expect him to pick out a sentence of this and use it, probably, out of context.

CitizenGeek said:

********. You're the only one who brings him up.

CitizenGeek said:

Other people of the forum use '****'.

Bra', we both know that the 'fag' wasn't aimed at you. :roll:

Maltos said:
Derfel said:

The main reason I'd support a banning is because of the regularity of which these sorts of arguments occur. I'm not sure whether you've been around long enough to witness any of the previous ones, but if memory serves me correct, they seem to happen every couple of months. And it always seems to be CG who has a problem with the site or the members.

And now I suppose I can expect him to pick out a sentence of this and use it, probably, out of context.

I have only seen one apart from this argument. I am not entirely aware of the exact rate at which they occur.
Frankly, the mods should make a declaration to the extent that whether their authority is legitimate or not, it will not change anything. A forum is not a democracy. People are not born into their country, but no one is born into a forum. People flock around the leadership, like minded people that is (or those who respect the margin of toleration). While a forum is, on the face of it, democratic, the very people who participate and populate the forums are attracted by senior members who were in turn brought to the forums by the leadership. A one man revolution is bound to fail, especially considering it goes against the opinion of both the readership and the leadership of the forums. If CitizenGeek is expressly told this, there will be nothing more to argue about. I have not known Paul, and I haven't been on the forums back on the 'ol days, and frankly, I could not care less, because they're the old days, gone. No one owes another a duty to preserve the forum in its old form.

Well, that would be my opinion.

CitizenGeek said:
Rui seems to get off on locking threads at every hint of heated argument (which can, actually, be worthwhile sometimes and often were back in the pre-Rui censoring power trip days). Appointing Rui to the position of admin was probably the worst mistake made by Paul before leaving.

I lock threads not when people engage in debate but when people start slinging insults back and forth, trolling or otherwise behave in a manner which has potential to hurt other members rather than actually achieve anything productive. Years of experience allow people to spot a thread heading fast down that path before having to go around handing out bans. I don't like banning people, so I'd rather warn. A few of my critics would call me too soft.

CitizenGeek said:
You're going to have to clarify on how "trolling" differs from those other things, because as far as I'm aware, I've only being complaining and posting about what annoys me in a thread. The PM thing is moot - admins don't abide by it, neither should I. You can stop making that point now ;]

Voicing an opinion crosses over into trolling when it is done to the detriment of other users (posting in an on topic thread you personally don't like with the express intent to destroy it is a rather tidy example). Being intentionally disruptive, flaming people, entering threads wiith no input other than to request the thread be closed for no reason, dragging threads completely off topic to complain about other people, and naming users you don't personally like in threads they aren't even involved in to criticise their posting styles are all things which can come under the description of trolling. You're allowed to be irritated if people do this to you, too, but acting in an intolerant way to the majority of users to provoke them isn't productive.

Oh, and this isn't to say I classify any questioning of the administration or moderation criteria as trolling. It becomes trolling when despite having numerous tools to do so properly, you decide to provoke everyone into joining in by a sustained campaign of deliberate irritation and thread redirection.

CitizenGeek said:
Oh dear, you went there. "We pay for this forum - show us respect!". Well done AUKN admin, you've convinced me beyond any kind of doubt that you are power-hungry, petty, and bitter. Great! This kind of attitude is absurd. Without users, the forum is nothing either. You're trying to deify the admins, like what happens on other forums, and you're going to end up sucking even more of the fun out of the site than even High Censor Rui has managed. You guys were much better fun when you didn't have the power.

This is Chaos' site. Hurtling into threads made by other people just to try to drum up support for your crusade against the administration here is disruptive and frustrating. There's a big difference in people frustrating you by existing and posting in a certain way, and deliberately posting off topic and insulting people. You will not bully us out of our positions, nor will you gain support from many by bullying other members. Please rethink your approach.

I like Paul very much and he independently chose myself and Chaos, as well as the mods, as well as briefed me on what he wanted. Your opinions on what he would have wanted are opinions. The forum admin role was brought in because of people making direct personal attacks in a sustained period and upsetting people. I was directly brought in to put a stop to that and do not intend to back down just because I've become an easy target for empty insults about being obsessed with power.

R

hahaha this thread was intended as a joke right?
just when i thought you couldn't get anymore petty CG *shakes head*

All your knit picking and correcting, and complaining has been your own downfall.
I find it ironic that you complain about people so often that you have just shown the whole forum just how immature you are.

Listen, if you have a problem with everyone on the forums then you have to choices that only you can decide on. either you stay and stop picking up people on their characteristics as humans, and stop spoiling for a argument every week. or......stop logging into AUKN and join 4chan, you might fit right in.

just so you can clearly understand i'll spell this one out for you,
i'm not having a go. i'm just witnessing something you've done and laughing at it. i'm not directly or indirectly insulting you nor am i picking a fight.

Well seeing how us mods and admins are all power crazy who don't stand for being badmouthed

good job this thread was closed so quickly ey so the "truth" can't be revealed :D

Seriously, gimme 20 mins or so and i'll make a AUKN2 forum for you CG and make you a personal admin of it

CitizenGeek said:
chaos said:

Oh, and that's because of how wonderful the new admins are, right? Nothing to do with the re-structuring of the forum lyout (which you did on advice from the general membership) or the more active news reporting, no? If ever anyone needed proof of the egocentricity fostered by Rui (chaos would never behave like this before his admin-ship and before the influence of Rui), there it is!
I'm not sure this is a compliment or not...
I've asked or feedback because I have a vision of where we should be, I wanted to restructure it, so why not pick up some ideas? if you actively talked to me on MSN back when we were discussing this, you would see that changes were underway regardless of the input. We just wanted to make sure people would like the changes.
Many members disliked some of the changes and voiced they dislike in pm's / msn or on the newly created chat. One said member even logged into the chat, said that that was bull, as msn existed for that and left.
If more people complained, I could listen because I like to think of AUKN as something that belongs to all the community. Staff is always picked up from the community and more often than not, it's people nominated within the community.

CitizenGeek said:
chaos said:

Paul never banned me, just so you know ;]
Poor decision on his part if you ask me. You constantly try to lure people to cross the line, never crossing it yourself in an attempt not to be banned.

CitizenGeek said:
Many fingers pointed in Rui's direction back then. I don't think his decision was wrong and I still believe they are the best team we could get for this job.

Paul chose Rui a couple months before leaving. She locked a few threads while Paul was still the boss.
I know for sure that on the backstage, Paul agreed to what rui did then.

CitizenGeek said:
I bet we were. Because before the admin label I could say "f*** you" whenever I wanted, whistl now I have to behave myself.
I do not mean "show us respect" from that. What I mean is respect everyone.
Your civilized disrespect for others annoys me a lot. You use your mastery of the language to belittle people, which is one of the things I dislike the most.

Derfel said:
Way before your time here, he did the same luring Aion to go over the line which resulted in Aion's ban.
I call that trolling.

He is doing exactly the same again, after being constantly warned to stop.
It all started with a silly thing "bra". Then on a bad choice of wording by Spyro, he switched the complaint to "fag". Considering he is an assumed gay on the forums, I can understand he getting offended at the word "fag".
Problem is, it was not directed at him, that word was not used in the context of one's sexuality, but it meant "manneirism" or even "meme" used on that context.
He twisted things in a way to imply that Spyro is acting with prejudice, which is not the case here.

Ryo Chan said:
Seriously, gimme 20 mins or so and i'll make a AUKN2 forum for you CG and make you a personal admin of it
I've offered this to him, but he mocked me. I wonder why...

Back