animes that have 2nd and 3rd seasons that didn't come out

animefreak17 said:
hey guys on the subject can anyone name as many season 2 and/or 3 animes that had a season 1 and hasn't had season 2 or 3 or ovas out on dvds out on dvd in the uk cause im trying to see if they are or not coming out in the uk, i know that
gravion season 2
big O season 2
elfin lied ova
hasn't came out on dvd but does anyone else know any other animes that hasn't came out on season 2
There's some where we have the OVA or film but not the series:
Utena
Gundam
Zeta Gundam
Gundam 0083
Rurouni Kenshin
Karas
Macross Plus?
Dragon Ball Z ?

Only Missing OVAs/films:
Rozen Maiden
Tsubasa Chronicles
Negima
Gundam 00
Gundam SEED
Gundam-W
Gurren Laggan
Fate/Stay Night

Missing S2 or more (ex things in list 1):
Shana
My-HiME
xxxHolic
Shikibane Hime

Sure there's much more than just that.

animefreak17 said:
hey guys on the subject
That isn't just *on* the subject, it *is* the subject. It is the exact same thing you asked in the first post of the thread, and the same thing that people have been discussing since.

I concur, Gravion Zwei was a lot like the first season in that it just wasn't that good...

As for Big O, I'm not sure if i want the second season, the ending was just a confusing mess, though there is fights in it that i like (like Big Fau v Big 0, Big Duo v Big 0 rematch, oh and Gabriel getting smeared as he loses control of Big Duo to Schwtzhbald *I know, not proper spelling*)

Would love for more gundam, like I've said countless times in the past, heck even another season of Guyver (though that one japan would have to animate first). Would also like a proper Macross release but licensing issues keep killing that.

Oh and a season I would love for america to get their hands on (so I can get my hands on it by the magic of import) GaoGaiGar FINAL. Shame there's about the same chance of that happening as me winning the lottery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll second (quite expectedly) the call for more Gundam. I will NOT be a happy Gundam fan until Gundam X gets a release here.

Also, with regard to the ending of Big O - I found it initially a bit confusing too. But having recently re-watched the entire show, I have to say, it makes a lot more sense when you know it's coming.

I love the crap outta Big O season 2!

HdE said:
I'll second (quite expectedly) the call for more Gundam. I will NOT be a happy Gundam fan until Gundam X gets a release here.

Also, with regard to the ending of Big O - I found it initially a bit confusing too. But having recently re-watched the entire show, I have to say, it makes a lot more sense when you know it's coming.

I love the crap outta Big O season 2!

well another gundam series or movies will go well with my gundam collection

Cardcaptors (only got 12 episodes on DVD, 24 on VHS, never made it to series 2 or 3)
Beyblade (America manages to release the whole first series in 10 DVDs, then goes on to the second and halfway through the third before giving up. Here? We get half the first series in 10 DVDs and a number of confusing boxsets.)
Sailor Moon
Code Geass, I'm disappointed nobody bothered to license the two movies, seeing as Death Note's ones got a release.
Yu-Gi-Oh! (America manages six out of the what, now 14 series I believe by their count. We get most of one. Though I do have UK HD of the second movie, and am waiting on the new third one.)
Pokémon (We got what, 33 episodes on VHS? I hear it's now reaching 700 in Japan.)

nanika said:
Sailor Moon
Code Geass, I'm disappointed nobody bothered to license the two movies, seeing as Death Note's ones got a release.
Sailor moon hasn't been released in the USA yet, though Toei apear to be making efforts to be able to get in back in print.

Code geass doesn't have any movies, it has two summary OVAs, I suppose thay do compare to Death Note's TV specials though.
If it didn't show in a cinema it doesn't count as a movie.

ilmaestro said:
No, someone else did. :p

Reaper gI said:
If it didn't show in a cinema it doesn't count as a movie.
Hilariously arbitrary differentiation.
TV-Movie.

Lupin franchise has both them, and OVA's. It's remarkable really.

I'd probably tag the Death Note things as films. Anything over 46~ minutes constitutes as a film. I can't remember what the Academy officially defines, but I think it's around that mark.

Well, those aren't "clearly" wrong, for a start, as they are defined by the people who actually use them for a purpose.

edit: fwiw, the Code Geass things clearly aren't movies, I agree with that much.

Back