animes that have 2nd and 3rd seasons that didn't come out

Animefreak17

Godhand
as we know theres as been a few animes that came out in first seasons but not in there 2nd or 3rd seasonsand so on. e.g

battle vixens
Claymore
xxxholic
BIG O
and so on
BIG O not a complete collection its missing at least a nother 30 somethings episodes someone needs to tell andrew from beez this.
anyway having out the first season of something and not having the 2nd and 3rd just ticks me off that would be like not finishing naurto shippuden or bleach on dvd in the uk.
whats your thoughts and what other series is there that didn't come out in 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Its annoying when it happens but sadly with the cost of releasing a boxset if the sales don't happen then they just can't throw the money away. For the most part you can get region 1 releases of these though.

butch-cassidy said:
Its annoying when it happens but sadly with the cost of releasing a boxset if the sales don't happen then they just can't throw the money away. For the most part you can get region 1 releases of these though.
i know but lets say after a while i got the 2nd and 3rd of something and then someone announces that the seasons iv got is coming out.

Black blood brothers,

i actually enjoyed this, and they cut it after a season. seriously people, you left it on a cliff hanger, you spent time building characters and giving back history just to end it and thats that? not happy about it really :/ but thats life.

ilmaestro said:
pre-post edit:

Oh, you mean that didn't come out on DVD in the UK yet.

What do you mean?

Im sat here trying to understand what you just said but 2 pictures are floating through my head.

one says "404" and the other says "MIND F***"

I started typing out a post that pointed out that some of the shows in the OP do have second (and more) seasons, and listed some shows that "should" have had second seasons, then realized what the thread title was more specifically supposed to be.

Just import the second series of Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) and Big O. You have or will be getting a multi-region DVD player, yes?

There is no second series of Claymore.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Just import the second series of Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) and Big O. You have or will be getting a multi-region DVD player, yes?

i do have one and i thought claymore had a second season but im still ordering other animes too just like today iv ordered dragon ball and the movies

Lawrence said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Beez would be releasing the second season on Big O, should the first season sell well.
thats a thought we'll have to talk to andrew from beez and have a word about big O

UK's missing subsequent seasons of...

School Rumble
Hell Girl (actually never got the complete season 1's of these two)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Full Metal Panic
Divergence Eve
Shakugan no Shana (see what happens if Funi actually release season 2 first)
We've had 5 volumes of Yu Yu Hakusho, 1 volume of Initial D, 1 volume of Inuyasha, a few volumes of Sailor Moon, a couple of discs of Dragonball Z, 2 volumes of Tetsujin 28 which never got any further beforebeing dropped by the UK licensors.
D. Gray Man only has go halfway through, and it doesn't look as if Funi will licence the second half for English language release. Manga might, might get it for streaming though.
We only got half of MAR and a smidgen of Blue Dragon because Viz couldn't be asked to complete the US release
Still waiting on the US for the rest of Hellsing Ultimate

There's another season of Darker than Black out there. Again, waiting on the US release first, along with the Black Lagoon OVA.

We never got Saiyuki or Saiyuki Reload Gunlock, only Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Requiem, but some people might call that a blessing in disguise.

The UK' only got the Tenchi OVAs, not Tenchi Muyo GXP, Tenchi in Tokyo or Tenchi Universe. We almost got Pretty Sammy, but Manga changed their minds on that one.

I think there's more xxxHolic out there, but that might not have been licenced in the US yet. We haven't got the xxxHolic Tsubasa movie though.

Kurau, Pumpkin Scissors, Red Garden, Wallflower are all incomplete UK releases...

I hope Manga get the second season of Sengoku Basara. But they are releasing Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino this month, so that's one season 2 off the list.

No one ever licensed the Stratos 4 OVAs, which disappoints me.

Oh, and we've only ever gotten You're Under Arrest in the OVA's the Mini Specials, the Movie, and never any of the series.

Same with Urusei Yatsura (Movies and OVAs) and Ranma (Movies)

EDIT would like Manga to get the Full Metal Alchemist OVAs

In the US:

Nanoha Striker S
Higurashi Kai and Rei
xxxHolic
Monster
Yawara!
Macross
Gundam

Over here it's much, much, much, worse:

Back