Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

Ian Wolf said:
I've yet to see any of the anime, but I recently started reading the manga and have been enjoying it.

i like the anime i really like it.
im not much of a manga reader but some fans prefer the manga, or so i heard.
when i first saw it on tv few years back i thought it looked kinda silly and wouldn't caught on, if it was shown on toonami maybe it would of been A success over here but it was on itv and the dropped it, after knowing they was doing one piece in collection i thought ...................................aww what the hell il give it a shot and 5 collections later and first time watching the first 4 discs of the series i was enjoying it i loved the characters i loved the animation i like the fights, now i know why one piece is so popular with its 500+ episodes, its awesome and its only the first 26 episodes, hope the movies get a release

animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
I've yet to see any of the anime, but I recently started reading the manga and have been enjoying it.

i like the anime i really like it.
im not much of a manga reader but some fans prefer the manga, or so i heard.
when i first saw it on tv few years back i thought it looked kinda silly and wouldn't caught on, if it was shown on toonami maybe it would of been A success over here but it was on itv and the dropped it, after knowing they was doing one piece in collection i thought ...................................aww what the hell il give it a shot and 5 collections later and first time watching the first 4 discs of the series i was enjoying it i loved the characters i loved the animation i like the fights, now i know why one piece is so popular with its 500+ episodes, its awesome and its only the first 26 episodes, hope the movies get a release

I'm surprised that Manga Entertainment hasn't licensed it. It already has Bleach, Naruto and FMA. You'd think that One Piece would complete the shonen set.

animefreak17 said:
you should give the anime a look,

its really good

I'll probably will look at it in the future once I get the money together. The problem is getting the time. I'm reviewing quite a lot of newer anime so buying other stuff gets put on the backburner a bit.

im getting older series before i get any newer series so that way when i do get most of the old stuff the new stuff will be old stuff when new stuff comes out after more new stuff comes out so then il get the new old stuff ............ got that lool

hope you find time to watch one piece its awesome

sorry i couldn't resist the play on words lol

anyways yeah hope ya do iv watched 26 episodes collection 1 and got another 4 collections to go *excited, over joyed, happy dance* if only i had the 6th collection then it would be nearly the same episodes of dragonball.^_^

animefreak17 said:
goku -eats alot
luffy -eat alot

goku- loves fighting
naruto - loves fighting
luffy - loves fighting

Having just started watching Fairy Tail I'd like to throw Natsu Dragneel into the mix, as he too loves eating and fighting.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
goku -eats alot
luffy -eat alot

goku- loves fighting
naruto - loves fighting
luffy - loves fighting

Having just started watching Fairy Tail I'd like to throw Natsu Dragneel into the mix, as he too loves eating and fighting.

dude you've got to watch one piece its awesome

animefreak17 said:
which series are you guys a fan or casual watcher of

bleach
one piece
naruto shippuden

Bleach is Bleach and I will buy the DVDs to the very end, so I guess Fan!

I really liked One Piece when I first started watching and I do have the first collection and some of the Manga but, Ahh....I dunno One Piece is really something you have to be in the right frame of mind to watch, which is something I've been lacking, not got my One Piece mode on at the moment, maybe I just need to get further in.

um if i had to choose it would be

1 one piece
2 naruto shippuden
3 bleach

in this order of favourites

years ago i thought one piece looked stupid but after such a long time and looking how so many people praised it of being a good series i thought ...................... oh il give it one more shot.................... boy did i give my self a kick
one piece is funny, wacky, colourful, and it doesn't rush, i like the adventures i like comedy its really a awesome series

4 things

1.in your opiion is there a difference between favourites and being a fan

2 has anyone here had any trouble listening to what characters say in series im watching gun sword and sometimes i cant hear clearly what there saying its either the background music or they dont make it out clearly

3 any suggestions what i should get next on dvd im looking for something that-

1doesn't have a strong romance feel
2 something classic like trigun
3 comedy

4 heres a joke

yo mamma so fat that she makes fat buu look like a super model

animefreak17 said:
4 things

1.in your opiion is there a difference between favourites and being a fan

2 has anyone here had any trouble listening to what characters say in series im watching gun sword and sometimes i cant hear clearly what there saying its either the background music or they dont make it out clearly

3 any suggestions what i should get next on dvd im looking for something that-

1doesn't have a strong romance feel
2 something classic like trigun
3 comedy

4 heres a joke

yo mamma so fat that she makes fat buu look like a super model

Hmmm, q. is an interesting point... there are certainly films/series that you can really love and enjoy without being a "fan." For example, I enjoy the Halo series, but I'm definitely not a fan. Ditto Modern Warfare, I enjoy playing it with friends and appreciate the technical accomplishment, but I'm definitely not a fan. However, that's not quite the same as what you're asking I feel.

Generally, if something is one of my favourites in a genre or whatever, then I am implicitly a fan. But I do think it's possible to have something be your favourite and not be a fan. Persona 3 is my favourite JRPG around, but I would not say I am a fan of Persona, just that one specific title, I don't have much of an urge to explore the wider universe it inhabits.

fandoms and favourites

in my thread i said
in your opiion is there a difference between favourites and being a fan
and
Sparrowsabre7 said Hmmm, q. is an interesting point... there are certainly films/series that you can really love and enjoy without being a "fan." For example, I enjoy the Halo series, but I'm definitely not a fan. Ditto Modern Warfare, I enjoy playing it with friends and appreciate the technical accomplishment, but I'm definitely not a fan. However, that's not quite the same as what you're asking I feel.

Generally, if something is one of my favourites in a genre or whatever, then I am implicitly a fan. But I do think it's possible to have something be your favourite and not be a fan. Persona 3 is my favourite JRPG around, but I would not say I am a fan of Persona, just that one specific title, I don't have much of an urge to explore the wider universe it inhabits.

back in the day i was a huge fan of pokemon the first 150
yugioh i played the card game and it was awesome
dragonball z played the games

im now a one piece fan

and i have a load of favourite
trigun
lucky star
naruto shippuden
ect ect ect

Back