Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

did someone mention rare item hunters?

Mistral_%28LINK%29.jpg

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:
problem -
two girls that are the best of friends comes to you and they say there fighting over a boy they both like and they ask what they should do.

my answer - shear him ( it'll make him happy and there friendship can continue ) simple
My answer: it's the guys decision, if he likes one and not the other, there's not much that can be done about that now is there?

If the guy is oblivious to such feelings I say both back off, their friendship is surely worth more.
Nah. I'm with af17 on this one. More love for everyone is the way to go. As long as he'll share them as well it's all good.

ayase said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:
problem -
two girls that are the best of friends comes to you and they say there fighting over a boy they both like and they ask what they should do.

my answer - shear him ( it'll make him happy and there friendship can continue ) simple
My answer: it's the guys decision, if he likes one and not the other, there's not much that can be done about that now is there?

If the guy is oblivious to such feelings I say both back off, their friendship is surely worth more.
Nah. I'm with af17 on this one. More love for everyone is the way to go. As long as he'll share them as well it's all good.
im not saying if hes got two then he lucky im saying if he picks both then the two girls continue there friendship and no one gets heart broken

if not dont go out with either of them

hey you know in a series where you get confused about something in a series

e.g.
when i started watching naruto the first 26 episode it took me 6 times of viewing till i knew what genjutsu, ninjutsu, kekkgenki, genin, chunin, jonin and the different styles there was and it took me another 6 times to understand the chakra network, the gates, and the backstorys of each character before i fully understood what was going on.

its like lain you dont understand till you watch it so many times then you get the idea. you know

I get that sometimes, usually in fantasy-lite series where they bombard you with a load of made up jargon. I found the first couple of episodes of Pandora Hearts awful for this and it was a chore to get through them with all of the misplaced Alice in Wonderland references, but eventually the series clicked and I started enjoying it. Though this was partially because Break eventually appeared and I love him.

Coincidentally I read the manga Replica recently, and that has the same over-use of cheesy Alice-related jargon when plain English (or Japanese) would have been fine. Some writers should stop trying so hard to be hip!

When the terms actually mean something it's not so bad. Or when they are references to things which make a bit more sense as I can look them up and understand. And I don't mind it when there are a lot of obscure words for a reason (e.g. watching the excellent Guin Saga at the moment and it's full of exotic place names, but it all feels sensible and coherent so it's not a slog).

R

yeah but the thing is if its good series you want to understand
like ghost in the shell that movie confused me for years till i started to understand

It's interesting, if you just watch one show from a genre, you're likely to be confused as hell but as you go on, watching or reading more stories set in similar fantasy/sci-fi worlds you begin to notice the universes are somewhat similar. Terminology is the same, creatures are usually not too different. I suppose its like anime (culturally, loanwords, etc) like that - once you get your foot in the door, it becomes a lot more palatable.

Jaymii said:
It's interesting, if you just watch one show from a genre, you're likely to be confused as hell but as you go on, watching or reading more stories set in similar fantasy/sci-fi worlds you begin to notice the universes are somewhat similar. Terminology is the same, creatures are usually not too different. I suppose its like anime (culturally, loanwords, etc) like that - once you get your foot in the door, it becomes a lot more palatable.
agreed once you understand by going though it again and again and again and again you go................oooooohhhhhh i get it

its not just that i always for get names too

i mean we all know the well known names
goku
naruto
bleack
one piece
tenchi muyo
fma
its the big names in series that gets remembered...................... and the classics like
cowboy bepbop
trigun
outlaw star
ect

the japanese names that confuse me sometimes

i can remember spike, vash, jean, goku ect
maybe because they only tell us there first name or its a anime we love to watch.

i just thought of something
you know how we the fans want anime dvds

well why should the releasers release random animes, dont you think we the fans should have our say on what we want released over

like a vote system and discuss it to them. i know its up to the releasers but some of us want other animes to add to our collections

example
theres a lot of gundam fan here and you want the mini series G,U
or you want the gurren largann movies or trigun movie

or you want the second season of a series you've watch and want the second season but they dont release it over here

i mean there are loads of series in america that gets region 2 for us over here so why can't we (the consumer) have our say on what we want instead of the companys researching what people want.

it would be eeasier for them to ask us what we want right

animefreak17 said:
i just thought of something
you know how we the fans want anime dvds

well why should the releasers release random animes, dont you think we the fans should have our say on what we want released over

like a vote system and discuss it to them. i know its up to the releasers but some of us want other animes to add to our collections

example
theres a lot of gundam fan here and you want the mini series G,U
or you want the gurren largann movies or trigun movie

or you want the second season of a series you've watch and want the second season but they dont release it over here

i mean there are loads of series in america that gets region 2 for us over here so why can't we (the consumer) have our say on what we want instead of the companys researching what people want.

it would be eeasier for them to ask us what we want right

it's hardly as simple as that, plus people want different things. Yes lots of people here want gundam, but there's probably a lot of people who'd rather have something else. It's usually down to if the series sells well/ ease of acquisition I think.

Back