AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

LukasROAR said:
I have to get a new set top box for this channel lol, i broke the last trying to tune it in, i have no idea how.
Bring on Animax too :D
Seeing as it's not yet available for the UK, neither does anyone else. :roll:

Ryo Chan said:
god damn u all, u spent all this time looking at the AC lineup, u coulda reminded me the new lineup on AN started last night XD ^^
You mean they started on Saturday night instead of Sunday? I thought that was a repeat showing of last Sundays schedule. :roll:

Mohawk52 said:
You mean they started on Saturday night instead of Sunday? I thought that was a repeat showing of last Sundays schedule. :roll:

Saturdays is now the home of Azumanga Daioh, Pani Poni Dash, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and Kurau - Phantom Memory

Mohawk52 said:
LukasROAR said:
I have to get a new set top box for this channel lol, i broke the last trying to tune it in, i have no idea how.

Ryo Chan said:
god damn u all, u spent all this time looking at the AC lineup, u coulda reminded me the new lineup on AN started last night XD ^^

Neither does anyone else ?
What are you on about.
I broke my set top box tuning in the test channel of anime central and i said bring on Animax too, as in i can't wait for it. Not that i was trying to tune animax in. noob
I wrote for 'THIS' channel, whats the thread about, oh it's anime central!
I hate people trying to be clever, if you'd read the previous posts i'd made you'd have understood instead of wasting your time posting that and misenterpreting what i said.

Mohawk52 said:
LukasROAR said:

Ryo Chan said:

nope Sat and Sun are new eps, and repeating old series during the week

Fellistowe said:
Just had an email from Mark Buchanan

Is he the PR from AnimeCentral, or just a private contact? The reason I ask is I'd like to get in contact with them and encourage them (if they haven't already done so) to get their listings on DigiGuide. It's completely free and DigiGuide are able to accept various different file formats including the one Sky use for their EPG service. The main reasons I'd like them to do this are 1. I use DigiGuide for Windows at home to remind me when various TV programmes are on and 2. my web site Anime On UK.TV uses DigiGuide to provide listings.

Danj said:
Fellistowe said:

Is he the PR from AnimeCentral, or just a private contact? The reason I ask is I'd like to get in contact with them and encourage them (if they haven't already done so) to get their listings on DigiGuide. It's completely free and DigiGuide are able to accept various different file formats including the one Sky use for their EPG service. The main reasons I'd like them to do this are 1. I use DigiGuide for Windows at home to remind me when various TV programmes are on and 2. my web site Anime On UK.TV uses DigiGuide to provide listings.

Damn straight I use digiguide as well, I've noticed that popgirl was updated last week so I think a animecentral listing maybe imminent they may just be finalising the schedule.

Danj said:
Fellistowe said:

Mark is the PR guy at Anime Central; he was the rep who was at AmeCon at least. I think they are waiting for the channel to be finalised and actually start airing before launching all of the tertiary stuff, such as the website and all.

Gawyn said:
Mark is the PR guy at Anime Central

As he said ;)

I haven't had any dealing with him myself yet, just through the Facebook group for Anime Central.
If you want to get in contact with Mark directly that route will probably be your best bet ;)

Hey, maybe once they run Transformers dry, they can air GaoGaiGar and make it the first subbed series that they air.

Of course, I will be willing to condem this project in an instant if they even so dare as look at Voltron.
Even if they just do so mockingly, Voltron is a virus of suck.

my new set top box arrives saturday, a few days after launch arghh lol.
We've been a customer over 10 years and they offer more support to new customers. They originally wanted £65 if they were to send an engineer and replace our set top box. Not with a new box but with a refurbished one grrr.
So i put dad on, he threatened to cancel his subscription and we ended up with Sky+ for £50 (new box, aeriel, remote, instalation included)
How awesome is that :D well chuffed.

Following on from <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/news/1497/anime-central-uk;-potential-start-date-tv-schedule-and-more">recent</a> news reports, <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/press/34/csc-media-group-launches-the-first-uk-anime-channel">Anime Central have now officially confirmed</a> that the new TV channel dedicated to Japanese anime will be hitting our screens this week on Thursday 13th September. Viewers can tune in at 9pm on Sky digital channel 199 to see Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell: Solid State Society and FullMetal Alchemist. Speaking exclusively to Anime UK News, Anime Central’s Brand Manager Mark Buchanan said:

"We are thrilled to be launching this channel in the UK. It has been a long time coming, but we hope that our initial line-up will please existing fans and attract new devotees to the phenomenon that we all love and cherish."

In an interesting move which demonstrates the channel’s attempt to tap into the growing online anime community, Anime Central has not only created it’s own <a href="http://www.animecentral.com">website</a> but now has a presence on both <a href="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5801847929&ref=mf">Facebook</a> and <a href="http://www.bebo.com/AnimeCentraltv">Bebo</a> too.

I wonder what the adverts are going to be like???

Will they have adverts that show the same old crap that we see on every over channel or adverts that show the latest releases of anime or anime related goods :D

Sorry if this has already been talked about :p

Pomtry said:
I wonder what the adverts are going to be like???

Will they have adverts that show the same old crap that we see on every over channel or adverts that show the latest releases of anime or anime related goods :D

Sorry if this has already been talked about :p
I would imagine normal adverts will be the order of the day; most anime companies don't have the funds to create TV adverts or work with TV advertising companies who promote the adverts.

Just tuned in today and I'm getting the channel! We cancelled our Sky subscription about 2 and a half years ago, but still have the box and card for freeview. The channel wasn't showing a few days ago and now is.

Is this part of the test and will it resume back to paid subscribers on the official launch, or have they actually gone freeview?

Hope not since I'm in the same boat as you. It seems it will be Free To Air, since normally even the Free To View (but encrypted) channels are still encrypted and unviewable during their testing phase.

As has been said, AnimeCentral is Free To Air (or Free to View, forget which). If you have a sky box, you can watch it, regardless of subscription.

FTA = sky box + dish = watching
FTV = sky box with old card + dish = watching

Actually FTV need a valid card (Sky or Freesat) due to the encryption.

I can't even get Channel 4 or Five with my expired card since they're FTV. I can get all the FTA channels fine though.

As Skuzz and all the other ChartShow channels are FTA, I'm 99% sure that this is too. As I said, I shouldn't be able to get the test broadcast otherwise.

Yep, Mark did say that the channel was free to air at AmeCon and mentioned that people would not need to pay a subscription to Sky to be able to receive it. The possibility that you could get Sky, sack off the Sky service entirely, keeping the box and still get the channel was a selling point he used.

Back