Anime That is Cut in the UK: The Definitive Thread

Re: Anime that is Cut in the UK... The definitive thread.

NormanicGrav said:
My mistake, I should have mentioned the site name on the quote. Such a fool I am. :lol:

I expect some cuts this year, especially with some minor changes to the BBFC rating system that occurred recently.
Cheers dude. I was reading through (I lurk here a lot) and I'm like 'this post looks somehow familiar!' lol. xD

Yeah the new guidelines are a bit weird. I don't mind raised age ratings, so hopefully they'll just restrain themselves to that. ^^;

Girls und Panzer is subject to a song replacement in every region outside of Japan for both dub and sub.

Here's a wiki link

and here's a Youtube demonstration

Yes! Sentai went as far as erasing lip-flaps! :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

They should've just deleted that entire scene completely, sans the correct song it's just awkward staring at Katyusha and Nonna's blank faces.

What the heck? that is so unintentionally hilarious. Shame too, as the original is quite a sweet song.

They could have at least replaced the song with this:
(Seriously, that's what came into my mind xD).

I do agree that they should have just cut the scene out though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Passing Through said:
Yes! Sentai went as far as erasing lip-flaps! :roll:
They may well have received an 'international' cut without the song. This generally seems to be the case when Japan has licensed a song from somewhere else rather than rolling their own (see the alternate music provided for Strike Witches and K-on etc.)

ConanThe3rd said:
all of them moesploitation shows.

Not saying anything, just noting a trend.

Well it happened to Eden of the East aswell as I recall.

I guess someone has the rights to this 1938 song, or at least the version used in the show.

Trouble is I don't see this problem going away, it's probably not too expensive for them to licence these things in Japan but as soon as the US wants the song too people have $$ signs in their eyes.

Any word on Highschool DxD it if has been edited?

Cel said:

High School DXD is uncut and uncut by the BBFC

It looks like only the episodes have been submitted to the BBFC as I can't see any extra features in those links.

Titan said:
Cel said:

High School DXD is uncut and uncut by the BBFC

It looks like only the episodes have been submitted to the BBFC as I can't see any extra features in those links.

Looking at BBFC entries for various shows some seem to have the whole disc rated like Girls Und Panzer while others like ikki Tousen have separate entries for the extras. It's possible that the extras are still being rated, as I doubt they'd not include them, I wonder if the delay is caused by at least one OAV being a bit risky.

So overall it looks like all of the shows we would have expected to be cut in any form (Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, High School DxD (Season 1), Ikki Tousen: GG & XX, We Without Wings) ended up being uncut in the end. Interesting.

NormanicGrav said:
So overall it looks like all of the shows we would have expected to be cut in any form (Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, High School DxD (Season 1), Ikki Tousen: GG & XX, We Without Wings) ended up being uncut in the end. Interesting.

Indeed, perhaps we think things are worse than they really are.

Looking at the warnings the BBFC throw around I notice it's mostly all combinations. Nudity is not flagged up, Sexualised Nudity is.

Looking back at post 1 the most recent cut Anime seems to be the OAV from Ikki Tousen Season 2 involving an underage character groping breasts, that's an obvious red flag, but it's interesting that suggestive language from an underage character in We Without Wings didn't cause an issue. They do have an allowance for niche media I understand, and perhaps a rating of 18 is enough to cover such things.

NormanicGrav said:

The film "nekromantik" recently passed uncut too, did not expect that to happen so maybe they're being a bit more .. I dunno, lax lately?

bakum4tsu said:
sniper_samurai said:
Don't know if anyone has seen this, and I know it was mentioned at MCM, Berserk Movie 3 18's passed uncut.

http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/berserk-golden-age-arc-iii-advent-video

Uncut? Sweeeet! Cause the 3rd is quite a pushy one in the end.

Yep we all know what's coming.........that's a thought instead of remaking the series why not just continue the series from where it stopped

Back