Anime That is Cut in the UK: The Definitive Thread

Re: Anime that is Cut in the UK... The definitive thread.

B****** Board of F****** C**********, I thought? But then I am from Deadwood.

ayase said:
B****** Board of F****** C**********, I thought? But then I am from Deadwood.
close but no heres the second word

big b****** F******

ITS C come on its easy if you think about it with a s at the end,

those who figured it out

well done

Just Passing Through said:
Okay, don't take this as gospel just yet, as the retail version is yet to be released, and the BBFC still have time to throw a fit, and my Paranoia Agent 3 check disc was uncut while the release wasn't...

But I have just had a look at the Code Geass R2 check discs (with labels that make them look suspiciously like retail versions), and episode 10 booby grope is evident on both Blu-ray and DVD.

Tallywhackers and Kleenex at the ready gentleman, we may have just got some animated smut past the BBFC. Prepare to be corrupted and defiled!

Awesome thread!

I have not bought the Code Geass Blu boxes yet. I hesitate because it's edited for 1 second, I'm a purist that way.

So if indeed it's uncut. I'm gonna buy it. whoa baby I'm gonna buy it.

It's amazing when you step back and think about it that so much discussion could be generated over one second of animation thanks to the rules of the BBFC or rather how they interpret those rules.

robot monkey said:
It's amazing when you step back and think about it that so much discussion could be generated over one second of animation thanks to the rules of the BBFC or rather how they interpret those rules.

Indeed, for something that only has a screen time of 1/2 second a lot of time has been spent on it. It's kinda odd how they are fine with Nina and her table, because that was quite a shock to see, but cut this single frame. Overall the set also rates as a 15, was the cut actually needed?

Rosencrantz said:
robot monkey said:

Indeed, for something that only has a screen time of 1/2 second a lot of time has been spent on it. It's kinda odd how they are fine with Nina and her table, because that was quite a shock to see, but cut this single frame. Overall the set also rates as a 15, was the cut actually needed?

Also if it has been reinstated by the BBFC what does that tell us?

robot monkey said:
Rosencrantz said:
robot monkey said:

Also if it has been reinstated by the BBFC what does that tell us?

That they were wrong to cut it in the first place and it damages the sales income.

cyborg 002 said:
That they were wrong to cut it in the first place and it damages the sales income.

I'd argue that maybe it tells us they dont know what the hell they are doing, unless the rules have changed you'd hope a cut then would be a cut now. I'm still skeptical that Kaze resubmitted this to be honest.

Rosencrantz said:
cyborg 002 said:

I'd argue that maybe it tells us they dont know what the hell they are doing, unless the rules have changed you'd hope a cut then would be a cut now. I'm still skeptical that Kaze resubmitted this to be honest.

Especially as it would be money taken out of the thin profit margin that most anime releases operate on in the UK.

True. It may be they don't know what they are doing.

Anyway I still hope for uncut.

Rosencrantz said:
Just got home, poped my disc in the player and can confirm UNCUT

Thanks for the confirmation. I've updated the 1st post to reflect that.

Awesome :) tho we might want to get a DvD confirmation on uncut, mine was BD. I'm just thinking that they obviously wouldn't of had a US TV version available to make the BD swap like they did last time the DvD might be affected. Though i'm probably just being paranoid.

which series you talking about?

Code Geass R2

Rosencrantz said:
Rosencrantz said:

Awesome :) tho we might want to get a DvD confirmation on uncut, mine was BD. I'm just thinking that they obviously wouldn't of had a US TV version available to make the BD swap like they did last time the DvD might be affected. Though i'm probably just being paranoid.

Given that I saw that the check discs that I saw, both DVD and Blu-ray were uncut, and given that they were the final retail versions with labelling printed, I was strongly convinced that they'd be released that way anyway. Given that the Blu-ray is confirmed I'm more inclined to accept on faith that the DVD is uncut as well, unless someone says otherwise at this point.

Rosencrantz said:
Rosencrantz said:

which series you talking about?

Code Geass R2

oh well il get that as soon as im able

Back