ANIME POLL!

Whats the best anime (in your opinion) out of the following?

• Azumanga Daioh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fruits Basket

• School Rumble

• Ouran Host Club

• Chobits

• Bleach

• Ah! My Goddess!

• Shugo Chara

• Clannad

• Other (own choice)

• Total voters

CharMangaTastic

Completely Average High School Student
Hiya Ya'll!

Hope all is well!

Quick little poll for fun!

Please state reasons for your choices

if you picked other say what anime you think is the best :) and why

CharMangaTastic

Also picked School Rumble. Azumanga Daioh is probably a close second for me though. I had to think about which to pick. I could have picked Other, but decided to limit myself to the given list.

Picked Clannad simply because it had everything. You had comedy, romance, tradegy, tears, a grand story and all the characters were very likable each with their own little quirk.

If anything, no series has ever topped Clannad from my own view and is simply the best that i've watched out of the 168 series i've seen.

Other (Fullmetal Alchemist)

It's funny and it has really good action sequences and in some episodes sends shivers down your spine

What's not to love? XD

I can't help but think both the "Bleach" selection and the "Other" one come completely out of the left-field. If we're doing favourites, I'm going for One Piece, obviously. It's not the best objectively, but whatever.

Of your list, either Azumanga or Ouran - both extremely funny in different ways.

Yet since you are going for Comedy, I had to vote other because Nothing beats Excel Saga for me. Funniest thing I think I have ever watched.

Such a random list, going for CLANNAD because I am a Key fanboy, although I think the first arcs of both series are weak. Anything that can keep my attention totaly fixed on it during scenes people just sitting and talking gets huge plus points. Also the animation is near faultless, which has been a rarity outside of films since the move to digital.

Limiting myself to the list for sanity, Fruits Basket wins by a huge margin. For the sake of starting a fun flame war, here's the list put into categories for me ^^;

No opinion (not seen enough):
Shugo Chara

Didn't like:
School Rumble
Bleach
Clannad
Ah My Goddess

Thought were ok:
Azumanga Daioh
Chobits

Liked:
Fruits Basket
Ouran

R

I wouldn't say flame war, Rui, but I would go as far as to say I think less of you as a person for not liking School Rumble. :p

In your defence, if I looked at the list without being told who put it together I would just dismiss it as "oh, must have been a girl" and move on, flame war free. ^^;

I don't really believe in there being a "best" anime overall. Best in a given categroy, sure. Favorite is also possible. Favorite out of the list, ignoring "other" I'd say Bleach, shortly followed by SR and Ouran.

ilmaestro said:
I wouldn't say flame war, Rui, but I would go as far as to say I think less of you as a person for not liking School Rumble. :p

I really wanted to like it, but after reading several volumes of the manga as well I still just wanted to punch everyone except Harima to death over and over, and decided to accept that it wasn't for me.

In your defence, if I looked at the list without being told who put it together I would just dismiss it as "oh, must have been a girl" and move on, flame war free. ^^;

:)

R

Other - One Piece. Not just because im a fanboy but because its an awesome story, Good twists and people complain about the design but i love it.

OURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN D=<

Despite being the pinkest show in existence that doesn't have Barbie as a main character I love it to death. It's a perfect example of anime being used to its fullest. You couldn't do it in any other medium, I think even the manga doesn't compare due to lack of proper timing in some examples.

And the dub's not too bad either (though sub is better IMO) "HARR-OO-HEE"s aside

I just went with your list. If I started offering other alternatives, we'd be here for ages...

Although one potential other that I'm rewatching right now is Welcome to the NHK, which is all kinds of spectacular.

But of your list, Azumanga Daioh is a 10/10 series for me, it's just perfect. And Osaka is a Goddess!

9/10 series, shows which I adore include, Fruits Basket, School Rumble, and Ouran Host Club.

Ah My Goddess is an 8/10, as the second season of the TV series diluted the excellence a bit.

Chobits is a 7/10 for me, fun to watch, and entertaining, but also a little annoying at times.

Bleach is the dullest anime that I am watching right now.

School Rumble, mainly because it's plot in my opinion accurately depicts life at school for me, but i'm quite fond of Kare Kano if i do say so myself, probably the best Rom-Com out there

Bleach started out good, but now it needs a bullet in it's brain, too many episodes with not alot of content

Back