ANIME POLL!

Whats the best anime (in your opinion) out of the following?

• Azumanga Daioh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fruits Basket

• School Rumble

• Ouran Host Club

• Chobits

• Bleach

• Ah! My Goddess!

• Shugo Chara

• Clannad

• Other (own choice)

• Total voters
Chobits, hands down. Not sure why you'd put "Other" as an option because you may as well have asked us what our favourite anime is.
ilmaestro said:
I wouldn't say flame war, Rui, but I would go as far as to say I think less of you as a person for not liking School Rumble. :p

In your defence, if I looked at the list without being told who put it together I would just dismiss it as "oh, must have been a girl" and move on, flame war free. ^^;
But Rui loves Slayers, which you hate, so it's all good. 8)

ilmaestro said:
No, you're just the dumbass who posts about it more than anyone else on here, despite "apparently" not caring about it.
I'll meet you half way on that, I'll agree but you have to agree with me that the series is actually awful. Deep down you know it's true. :wink:

I can't say anything about Shugo Chara as I have not seen it. However I own everything else on the list and would not want to give up any of them. My favourites though would be School Rumble and Ah my goddess.

I shall select "other", in simple virtue of the fact such an option is made available.

Of course, I have not decided which series I wish to nominate in lieu of any of those specified. Nonetheless, such a lack of cooperation is a prerogative given to the respondent in this case: I may wallow in unhelpful bliss for as long as I please!

Lupus said:
ilmaestro said:
No, you're just the dumbass who posts about it more than anyone else on here, despite "apparently" not caring about it.
I'll meet you half way on that, I'll agree but you have to agree with me that the series is actually awful. Deep down you know it's true. :wink:
I'm so much more worried for you than me in that outcome.

From that list, Clannad. If you need a reason - well, I imported all the limited editions of both series from Japan and I can't say that for any other title on the list.

Warmaster said:
Yet since you are going for Comedy, I had to vote other because Nothing beats Excel Saga for me. Funniest thing I think I have ever watched.

Excel Saga is pure amazing ^_^ great choice!

I tried to add that to list but it said i had too many options >_<

Tachi- said:
No Naruto Shippuden? who the hell created this thread? Get it sorted ¬___¬
No shounen at all bar School Rumble, and Bleach which is borderline.
It's a selection of the titles the author thinks are likley. Still think this would be better without the "other" option, sort of undermines having the poll with such odd choices in the first place.

Of the options given here only CLANNAD, School Rumbel and Ouran normaly make the top 100, Afterstory being in the top 10. It's a realy odd list as pleanty of better stuff is well known and available here, like Gurren Lagan, Code Geass or GitS SAC.

Reaper gI said:
Tachi- said:
It's a selection of the titles the author thinks are likley. Still think this would be better without the "other" option, sort of undermines having the poll with such odd choices in the first place.

Of the options given here only CLANNAD, School Rumbel and Ouran normaly make the top 100, Afterstory being in the top 10. It's a realy odd list as pleanty of better stuff is well known and available here, like Gurren Lagan, Code Geass or GitS SAC.

And Death Note =P I think without Bleach and "other" it'd make more sense, since then it has a clear genre line then.

School Rumble - 9/10
Ah! My Goddess - 8/10
Azumanga: 7/10
Bleach: 7/10 (dropped)
Chobits: 7/10

The rest? Fcuk knows.

That is all.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
Tachi- said:
Borderline what?

I think he meant borderline shounen
Bleach is shounen through and through, regardless of it's actual fanbase, it was originally aimed at that (shounen) specific demograph

Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:
Borderline what?

Of the options given here only CLANNAD, School Rumbel and Ouran normaly make the top 100
The top 100 what??

I believe there in the top 100 on MAL's anime rankings
AniDB actually, but the lists are roughly the same.

ANN only gives top 10 out easily, but not lower

1 Clannad After Story (TV) 9.02 2267
2 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV) 8.99 1525
3 Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (OAV) 8.98 5357
4 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV) 8.94 4514
5 (The) Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (movie) 8.93 214
6 Spirited Away (movie) 8.90 7434
7 Cowboy Bebop (TV) 8.89 8939
8 Summer Wars (movie) 8.86 1098
9 Princess Mononoke (movie) 8.85 7272
10 Maria Watches Over Us 4th Season (TV) 8.83 312
Currently, it's fairly consistent (ANN has Spirited Away much higher, and has obvious lack of Legend of the Galactic heros, others are all top 25 on the DB)

Yup I mean Bleach as borderline shounen, it has a sizable jousei fanbase, which it tends to pander to.

I disagree that Bleach is heavily female-influenced (or if it is, it's doing it wrong). It's a common problem with SJ series and there was a time when it was popular with the fairer sex, but female-orientated Bleach fandom is absolutely miniscule now. I think they were initially hopeful with the initial Soul Society arc and then all gave up and went back to Hetalia/TeniPuri/FMA/Reborn in dismay.

R

Back