Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, still salty that out of the two clamp related series AL is releasing, Blood C is the one getting Ultimate Edition treatment.

I swear to god, if there are 500 of you buying this before I can get it at a mostly-clean-conscience 30 gbp to see what the trainwreck is about.
I’ve no idea if I’d like it, but having said that; I’ll watch anything at least once.
(Un)fortunately (while I know this has an artbook), if I can get the movie plus series for less than £20 from CEX/mm/Ebay, or a little more new; it would be hard to justify even if it was something exceptional.

I‘d also expect the resale price of the basic releases to plummet even more once the five people who really want an UE receive theirs (and everyone else forgets about it again).

Last edited:
So, my two AtA orders arrived in Ireland on sunday are are still slowly working their way through the an post parcel service, MVM parcel arrived in Ireland on monday but seemed to be stuck in limbo, no updates other than clearing customs... until it showed up out of the blue today, woot!

Except... there was no bubble wrap inside the box, a little bit of brown paper to fill space around the 3 amarays, in spite of containing 2 collector's editions, one of which has a rather dented corner as a result.

This has been an issue with MVM store in the past (my Lull in the Sea set met a similar but worse fate, still sore about that one :p ), but they have been much better with packaging CE's in recent years.

Damage isn't bad enough for me to go through the hassle of trying to get a replacement or anything, but it is rather disappointing, enough to talk me out of a 2nd order I was considering before the sale ends.

Anyone else with similar experience?

I sent a rather sarcastic email to the FedEx "next day" service today, about my AtA parcel and they claimed it was sitting at the local depot since Monday as my address was incorrect (not true, just missing the flat number which makes no difference). Waiting for a response. I may get my red mystery box sometime before Christmas ... I wonder what's in it (sarcasm).

I also asked why they hadn't bothered to contact me about the "wrong address", considering they had my email, phone number and address. They are probably chucking the parcel in a dumpster as I write this.

So, my two AtA orders arrived in Ireland on sunday are are still slowly working their way through the an post parcel service, MVM parcel arrived in Ireland on monday but seemed to be stuck in limbo, no updates other than clearing customs... until it showed up out of the blue today, woot!

Except... there was no bubble wrap inside the box, a little bit of brown paper to fill space around the 3 amarays, in spite of containing 2 collector's editions, one of which has a rather dented corner as a result.

This has been an issue with MVM store in the past (my Lull in the Sea set met a similar but worse fate, still sore about that one :p ), but they have been much better with packaging CE's in recent years.

Damage isn't bad enough for me to go through the hassle of trying to get a replacement or anything, but it is rather disappointing, enough to talk me out of a 2nd order I was considering before the sale ends.

My MVM package and Penguindrum arrived on Friday, by all rights the MVM parcel should have been sent back as the customs declaration was incorrect, £10 of optical discs on the line items with a total value of £0 declared.

My copy of On-Gaku arrived in the An Post system is awaiting customs payment since Monday, but I have yet to receive the customs reference number to be actually able to pay it.

And finally Fed Ex are playing pass the parcel with my mystery boxes, they picked it up last Thursday before doing a lap of the UK and finally sending it to Ireland this morning. It was scheduled to have been delivered on Tuesday.

For AllTheAnime just click the various specials (So Buy one get one free or stocking filler, ect) and scroll throught the left filter to get "out of stock"
example for BOGOF:

MVM, I think have probably had fewer titles go OOS (I think 13 titles) I think there was 153 orginally but that is just based off my memory, and now down to 140 (was 141 for a while).
Best bet would be to go to the first page of the thread as NormanicGrav has kindly added all or most titles to the 1st message under Day 1 MVM spolier, and compare.
Off the top of my head ones i've noticed go OOs are Gate and Nobunaga no fool part 1.

EDIT: Also I think Gurren Lagann is awaiting stock or re-printing, but is still buy able.

thanks But it only lists like 16 options under all the Blu ray options ( out of stock) and if i recall there was Some Gundum stuff that went Quick ? or has that come back in ? guessing some pages will probbly get pulled or may have been

hmm whats the sale Status of that blood Set So far ?

I’ve no idea if I’d like it, but having said that; I’ll watch anything at least once.
(Un)fortunately (while I know this has an artbook), if I can get the movie plus series for less than £20 from CEX/mm/Ebay, or a little more new; it would be hard to justify even if it was something exceptional.

I‘d also expect the resale price of the basic releases to plummet even more once the five people who really want an UE receive theirs (and everyone else forgets about it again).

It seems the wrong kind of ridiculous, but I've only ever watched out of context clips.

The product in itself will be lovely, I'm sure. Big book, with artwork, design material and insight into the production of both the series and the movie sounds lovely.

And I'm certain I could get some kind of enjoyment out of Last Dark provided it has good animation, because that's a reward in itself.

But... Yeah, not at this price.

thanks But it only lists like 16 options under all the Blu ray options ( out of stock) and if i recall there was Some Gundum stuff that went Quick ? or has that come back in ? guessing some pages will probbly get pulled or may have been

hmm whats the sale Status of that blood Set So far ?
There was actually quite a few things in the AllTheAnime sale that went Out of stock but then later came back into stock towards the start of the sale, and yes you were correct in thinking some gundams did, but yes they also came back into stock. So they could have just got stock in that they were waiting or something.

I just got a email saying pre orders will not be sent out until next year and not before Christmas as planned.

Last edited:

Sorry about that, send us an email at [email protected] and we'll sort something out for you.

My 2 AL packages are both in Ireland, one at FedEx with the tracking saying delivery delayed not sure what’s going on with that one and I paid customs on the an post one yesterday so hope to have that next week

My Mvm order I haven’t even been charged customs for so no idea where that is atm :(

😱

I cannot hide my shock that orders listed as 'January, but kindasortamaybe before xmas' are actually gonna ship after. /monotone
Who could have imagined such a turn of events.

It's only a couple of weeks delay and these items will still be available prior to their stated release dates, but why, knowing what things are like this time of year, would they offer even the dimmest of hopes of pre-Christmas delivery. Just makes no sense ¯\(ツ)

I think I've probably made my final sale orders now. (I say that - I may yet go back for some more of MVMs!).

Very happy, although as per usual, the amount of anime I actually watched the past year barely scratches what I seem to buy in these yearly sales!

Couldn't resist the incredibly cheap 24+ episode collections, so bought Captain Earth, Muv-Luv, Nobunaga the Fool, and GATE from MVM. Not sure if it's really something I needed, but went back for the 4 seasons of Familiar of Zero, especially when I read it actually has an ending. That's what has been putting me off Hakkenden, unless someone can persuade me it's ending is satisfying enough.

At All the Anime's buy one get one free, went for the bizarre pairing of Kings Game and Pigtails! I would have bought Tokyo Ghoul Re as well, but in the buy one get free sale, one part is only DVD, and the other only blu ray. I did wonder if this was intentional or just a mistake, as the other releases with multiple parts looked consistent, but it's too late to change now anyway.

No early birds for me this year, although I did use the 10% voucher on more than I initially intended! Ended up with Eureka Seven, Night is Short, Mindgame, Tokyo Ghoul (live action), Your Name, and then last minute added Aldnoah Zero 1 and collectors 2 when I noticed that came with a manga that bridges the gap and didn't want to miss out.

As for recommendations I already own (+ have watched, which rules out a lot of stuff!), I know it has been cheaper before, but as it is only temporarily available again, I would highlight Rage of Bahamut. Really liked the series, and the book in the collectors edition almost operates as a flickbook in places, which I appreciated.

Also as a different 'recommendation', 009, Re:Cyborg, which blew my mind as to what they were thinking. I'm not familiar with the franchise, so maybe it is par for the course, but I expected a kooky group of characters fighting an evil crime organisation in a lighthearted fashion, and it wasn't that at all. It took itself deadly seriously, pretentiously covering deep subjects whilst being barely comprehensible. I still recommend though as it is fascinating, and the collectors booklet does give you some context as to what some of it was meant to mean. Visually looked great though.

Nabbed Kakegurui. That was the one I was waiting for and of course it dropped on the Monday. Thankfully I got home from work on time!
I wanted Chrono Crusade for the £3 to bump up my basket just over £50 to use the code but it sold out pretty much on the first day so had no chance :( I got Peacemaker Kurogane instead. Complete blind buy and probably not better but for £3, eh 🤷‍♀️

I got instantly hooked on the show when I watched it. Like gambling, it got pretty addictive. I just wanted to keep watching haha. I thought they handled the tension really well and it was making me second guess the outcomes. I was excited to see how the odds would be tipped.
The second season isn't as strong admittedly but I'm excited to rewatch this as it's been a while. Been anticipating this release since AL announced they licensed it back in 2018.
I mistakenly put two Chrono Crusade DVDs in my basket.
Didn't bother to try and change it due to the price. And I'm a Cautious Hero when it comes to spares.
I could be open to parting with it.

Who could have imagined such a turn of events.

It's only a couple of weeks delay and these items will still be available prior to their stated release dates, but why, knowing what things are like this time of year, would they offer even the dimmest of hopes of pre-Christmas delivery. Just makes no sense
¯\(ツ)
8f4.gif
Whoooooo indeed~
Was going to go with a 'NANI!?... You're already ded' giffy. This one a tad more appropriate summary of AL & release dates. 🍑 Not yet ordered early birdies, so great success?... No clue why even tried to give hope. Maybe Andrew an optimist. Only explanation for Blood-C. He has a good heart, like all Gankutsuou fans. 'Tis fate that dealt him a cruel godhand--FATE, I SAY~

On a semi-related note, with the Eva Ultimax Loose Nob Square Editions (tm), they were smart enough to estimate around the 10th for first 1000 buyers. We're now at the 11th, and 'tis the weekend. Eagerly awaiting news of neu deathflu variant forcing Jan release, rather than a delay to fix the 🍆s.
fetchimage
At least they got me Zeta pt1/pt2 promptly and BUGOFF'd others.
I tried so hard to find a .gif of the "dai shocku desu!" Yui moment from K-On!, for the perfect response. But yes I agree with you and @fabio de lunatico...

it'snotactuallyshockingatall 😅
tumblr_mrkcf8ketO1s3jc4vo1_500.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 22115
Whoooooo indeed~

Was going to go with a 'NANI!?... You're already ded' giffy. This one a tad more appropriate summary of AL & release dates. 🍑 Not yet ordered early birdies, so great success?... No clue why even tried to give hope. Maybe Andrew an optimist. Only explanation for Blood-C. He has a good heart, like all Gankutsuou fans. 'Tis fate that dealt him a cruel godhand--FATE, I SAY~

On a semi-related, note, with the Eva Ultimax Loose Nob Square Editions (tm), they were smart enough to estimate around the 10th for first 1000 buyers. We're now at the 11th, and it's the weekend. Eagerly awaiting news of neu deathflu variant forcing a Jan release, rather than a delay to fix the 🍆s.
At least they got me Zeta pt1/pt2 promptly and BUGOFF'd others.

View attachment 22117
Person of anime culture though one could say I am, haven't watched much of Kon. Shocked Yuiiiii gif wizardry provided this from Google. Is it the one?

Always expect the worst and you'll never be shocked. And use CeX to profiteer. 'Tis a philosophy to live by~

It was a different one but that one works too :)

Are all the 10% newsletter codes the same?
My mrs sighned up... On the 1st...but didnt get one... She told me she was gonna get me some for christmas😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back