Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I didnt know about AL's free Int'l shipping (even when I ordered last year) until someone posted about it earlier in this thread. It definitely made me re-think my orders.
I am like you, I wait until the holiday season and then do all my buying in order to capture the (most often) best sales period, so the orders tend to be few but large.
The nice potential though is we have seen MVM pop on here occasionally so maybe they'll take notice to this and change things up next year. It's competitive business after all, and they are likely comparing how they did this year to how people are responding to AL's sales. Well... at least.. as buyers we hope they see this hahaha.
Unfortunately there isn't much we can offer with shipping costs sadly. Brexit is the main cause of the issue, as well as Royal Mail's pricing.

Sounds like one of my orders have arrived, not sure if it's the BOGOF order or the other larger order which I used my discount code on.

Edit - Both orders have arrived. Large one via Fedex with the smaller via Royal Mail

Last edited:
Unfortunately there isn't much we can offer with shipping costs sadly. Brexit is the main cause of the issue, as well as Royal Mail's pricing.

Yes I ran into Royal Mail shipping costs yesterday, had to send a medium parcel, 2.5KG but with a value of £500 so needed insurance. £26 RMSD if you please sir! :eek:

No one is complaining about £3 postage for a single item, but when multiple items are posted together it doesn't seem to make much sense.

4 standard amarays posted together will cost £12 in p&p, which is a bit much, something like the Garden of Sinners box set, which contains 4 amarays with an outer box, only counts as 1 item and only costs £3 p&p in total.

Ideally the costs would be based on total size and weight and calculated at checkout (rather than fixed cost per "unit" or item), but even £3 for the first item and £1.50 or £2 for each additional item would be a big improvement, and it did actually work like this for a brief period of time on your store iirc...

Yes I ran into Royal Mail shipping costs yesterday, had to send a medium parcel, 2.5KG but with a value of £500 so needed insurance. £26 RMSD if you please sir! :eek:
Parcel postage costs throughout europe seems pretty damn high, I find in terms of shipping alone it is typically cheaper to get something posted to europe from the US or japan than it is from the european mainland, although I would presume companies like the MVM and AtA stores do get cheaper bulk rates than what we see as private customers.

No one is complaining about £3 postage for a single item, but when multiple items are posted together it doesn't seem to make much sense.

4 standard amarays posted together will cost £12 in p&p, which is a bit much, something like the Garden of Sinners box set, which contains 4 amarays with an outer box, only counts as 1 item and only costs £3 p&p in total.

Ideally the costs would be based on total size and weight and calculated at checkout (rather than fixed cost per "unit" or item), but even £3 for the first item and £1.50 or £2 for each additional item would be a big improvement, and it did actually work like this for a brief period of time on your store iirc...

Agreed, especially when AL can offer free intl shipping for purchases over £100. I'd be more than happy to purchase more (already did 3 orders of £100+ from AL) to get to that mark.

It just annoys me seeing £5 per item postage on a £4 bluray, for example, when they are all going out as a consolidated package.

With stock expected to arrive before Christmas at the time of writing, ugh. They know how to get to me in my heart of hearts. I thought I was done with the sale.

Anyway, still a few days left to decide.

Reactions: Dai
A good number of titles are now OOS at MVM.
Kicking myself for leaving it too late to order - wonder if any will be back in stock at a later date or if it's a case of when it's gone, it's gone!

With stock expected to arrive before Christmas at the time of writing, ugh. They know how to get to me in my heart of hearts. I thought I was done with the sale.
I'm confused at how stock of a February release is expected before Christmas yet stock of some January releases, like Kakegurui, aren't 🤔

Usually get AL releases from UP cause I prefer to not pay upfront, but if these early 🐦s are that close to coming out, I'm tempted to use that 10% code.

I'm confused at how stock of a February release is expected before Christmas yet stock of some January releases, like Kakegurui, aren't 🤔

Usually get AL releases from UP cause I prefer to not pay upfront, but if these early 🐦s are that close to coming out, I'm tempted to use that 10% code.
Happened last year too with Bartender shipping early for people who ordered it during the sale.

Could someone ask an AL representative on Discord (assuming they still go there) which CD they'll be using for Seraph of the End?

When I asked a while back they said they would be using the full Season 1 soundtrack on one CD which is impossible as the Season 1 soundtrack was released on 2 CDs. They haven't responded to any of my follow up questions so it's rather vague as to which CD they'll be using.

No one’s fault but my own but having started adding the mystery box sets to my collection I realised I’ve done even worse than expected.

Obviously already given AL too much of my money 😂but it’s a little sad to think these can’t be automatic purchases for me anymore.

I just hope AL isn't paying for a premium delivery service to me, as my package is STILL at the local depot (three days now). I think I will email them tomorrow and ask if I can walk there and pick it up, rather than waiting the eternity for them to hire and train a delivery driver.

Could someone ask an AL representative on Discord (assuming they still go there) which CD they'll be using for Seraph of the End?

When I asked a while back they said they would be using the full Season 1 soundtrack on one CD which is impossible as the Season 1 soundtrack was released on 2 CDs. They haven't responded to any of my follow up questions so it's rather vague as to which CD they'll be using.

I asked and...
We're still solidifying the details on the soundtrack side of things, so we don't have an exact track listing or confirmation of whether it'll be one or two CDs currently - it's taken a bit longer to finalise than we'd hoped, so the only details we have is that there will be a soundtrack CD component to it.

I have no idea if every release is produced at the same place but maybe they wanted to be generous with dates and ended up with a few that'll be ready sooner than predicted...

Yeah, between no VAT, 10% and EB price, I think I'm getting pulled back in 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back