Status
Not open for further replies.
After my big order on day 1 (most of which from AL arrived yesterday and I think some MVM stuff has come today) it seems like all the early birds I wanted are now out with Boogiepop, Kaiba and CCS. Magical girl stuff generally not my thing (except Madoka), but can't resist the hype of CCS (and especially how you speak highly of it @João Gomes, seeing as we generally seem to like similar stuff), and if nothing else I can hopefully try to watch with my kiddo when she's older heh. Time to put in the early bird order then.

After my big order on day 1 (most of which from AL arrived yesterday and I think some MVM stuff has come today) it seems like all the early birds I wanted are now out with Boogiepop, Kaiba and CCS. Magical girl stuff generally not my thing (except Madoka), but can't resist the hype of CCS (and especially how you speak highly of it @João Gomes, seeing as we generally seem to like similar stuff), and if nothing else I can hopefully try to watch with my kiddo when she's older heh. Time to put in the early bird order then.

I don't go out of my way to watch magical girl stuff neither but CCSakura is genuinely adorable! The characters are all lovable and the intrigue remains interesting throughout. Also helps that it's animated stupendously 🌈

Unlike Madoka however, it plays it completely straight ahah It's lengthy and we'll be missing its conclusion in the Sealed Card movie for now but still one of the 🐐 s 🌟

Definitely should have stuck with the cheaper mail option for AllTheAnime, FedEx have my packages stuck as "pending" on delivery date, never used them before in the UK and probably will try to avoid after this. Was meant to be delivered on the 6th and had no real update since

AL use a service that ships everything on their behalf, MVM do it all themselves.
I can certainly see the difference in approaches at this time of year. Not suggesting either to be preferable or better, but MVM seem to use Tetris as a recruitment skill, combining as much as possible, while Anime parcels seem to follow specific rules / procedures, and conversely split rather than combine…

Agreed, especially when AL can offer free intl shipping for purchases over £100. I'd be more than happy to purchase more (already did 3 orders of £100+ from AL) to get to that mark.

It just annoys me seeing £5 per item postage on a £4 bluray, for example, when they are all going out as a consolidated package.

Assuming the postage for a combined international ends up being less than the sum of individual postage charges; perhaps they could give you guys a promotional discount for the approximate difference to keep you coming back?
Having said that; I used to meticulously split my imports to keep under the customs limit, which might still be a thing for some?

My MVM Blu-ray Lucky dip arrived:

Accel world Disc 1
Maid Sama Disc 1
Demon girl next door Disc 2
Made in Abyss Disc 1
When they cry Kai Disc 3
Psychoelectric girl Disc 2
Fate stay night Unlimited blade works Collection 1 Disc 4
Fate stay night Unlimited blade works Collection 2 Disc 2 & 3
Nekomonogatari White

Still up for swapies, I do own most of them already except Neko. and wouldn't object to completing UBW collection 2 as a disc only set up would be perfect for me as I already re-housed it in the part 1 CE.
But other wise still need a fair few monogatari.

Received my day 1 Anime Limited order today with both mystery boxes and a bunch of other stuff. It was delayed a bit in transit, presumably sitting in a FedEx depot for a few days, but I don't mind because these are my Christmas presents from my wife! I won't get to touch them for another few weeks anyway.

Still waiting on my day 1 MVM order, but it was for an absurd amount of heavily discounted random stuff, perhaps it takes time to tetris-ify such a large number of things into a mailable receptacle. It's not like I have time to watch any of it right now though, but hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas.

I'm unsure whether I can justify the expenditure of going for any of AL's Early Bird offers. I already stumped up for MVM's Air and Kanon (I know nothing about these other than they are popular, and apparently tear-jerking).

I am seriously tempted by Cardcaptor Sakura, but that's a lot of money for a kid's show... But I might want to watch it with my 10-year-old son. Kaiba and El-Hazard look interesting too.

Of the EB's already available to order, I've already got Boogiepop on DVD, plus Silver Spoon Pts 1+2 and all the single Code Geass movies on blu-ray, so they're an easy skip. I watched S1 of Kakegurui once on Netflix but that was enough for me. I gave up halfway through S2.

None of the upcoming EB's look that interesting. I've already got Blood C on DVD and Belladonna on blu-ray (never even watched them yet) and know nothing about My-Hime or Seraph of the End.

Does anyone heartily recommend these enough to justify me spending even more money before the sale ends?

Bloody hell, anime is such an expensive hobby sometimes.

err this might be a hard Ask but would anyone happen to Have a list of everything thats Sold out as of the sales on Both Sites ? just to see what i missed ?

I am probably the only one who has not bought almost anything from these sales 😅 Kakegurui CE is the only thing I have ordered so far and I am having second thoughts about it, thinking if I should switch back to Sentai's release of both seasons in case it takes too long for Anime Limited to release the second season. I guess my taste and preferences are too niche for UK anime distributors since they rarely license titles that I like. Still waiting for UK release for The Rose of Versailles, Oniisama e, Sailor Moon, Princess Tutu (I have the Sentai release of it), Symphogear, Yuru Camp, A Place Further than the Universe, March Comes in like a Lion Season 2, Sound! Euphonium Season 2, Amanchu Season 2...

Assuming the postage for a combined international ends up being less than the sum of individual postage charges; perhaps they could give you guys a promotional discount for the approximate difference to keep you coming back?
Having said that; I used to meticulously split my imports to keep under the customs limit, which might still be a thing for some?
That would certainly be nice and appreciated, though the ideal solution would be something like what AL do, which seems like a win-win for both sides.

My embarrassingly large day 1 MVM crate full of cheap obscure weird things arrived this afternoon!

Thanks for all your hard work, MVM guy!

I even got a bunch of those random single discs in plastic sleeves. I thought those had sold out by the time I placed my order, but I'm not complaining.

I'm up for swapping or even just fobbing them off on whoever wants them, as I already have most of these:

Trigun disc 2
Skip Beat disc 2
When They Cry Kai disc 5
Captain Earth disc 1
Chrome Shelled Regios disc 2
Maid Sama! disc 6
Blast of Tempest disc 3
Shana Season 2 Part 1 disc 1
Shana Season 2 Part 2 disc 2
Initial D the Movie Legend 1 Awakening (might keep this one, unless anyone's desperate for it, I've never watched initial D before...)

If anyone wants any of these, just PM me

There was a DVD lucky dip too, but as I've done the DVD one's before (previous years), I find them not as appealing even though cheaper, due to DVD set can range from 2-6 DVD's. but they can still work a bit for I want to test a series out and watch a few episodes.
Not saying that the Blu-rays one work out perfectly.

I'll have to go have a dig around for the disc I got from previous DVD lucky dip.

err this might be a hard Ask but would anyone happen to Have a list of everything thats Sold out as of the sales on Both Sites ? just to see what i missed ?
For AllTheAnime just click the various specials (So Buy one get one free or stocking filler, ect) and scroll throught the left filter to get "out of stock"
example for BOGOF:

MVM, I think have probably had fewer titles go OOS (I think 13 titles) I think there was 153 orginally but that is just based off my memory, and now down to 140 (was 141 for a while).
Best bet would be to go to the first page of the thread as NormanicGrav has kindly added all or most titles to the 1st message under Day 1 MVM spolier, and compare.
Off the top of my head ones i've noticed go OOs are Gate and Nobunaga no fool part 1.

EDIT: Also I think Gurren Lagann is awaiting stock or re-printing, but is still buy able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back