Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

I think it's best to consider that MVM is a much smaller team than Anime Limited. While they may be having some issues this year I don't think it's as big of an issue as people are claiming. As mentioned on their Twitter they do seem to be pretty tired at this point and I guess the changes to the next 6 days reflect that to be more manageable. Previous years have been pretty exhausting for them so I'm fine with them having an easier time this year.
Whilst I don't have to worry about doing AL's Christmas sales, there's still plenty I'm stressing over. Our sales, pre-releases, general things. Even working on a Saturday all day and I still feel I've gotten nowhere.

Ouch...Kinda makes spending two weeks back in November checking stock levels and creating themed days trying to sort the Christmas sale not even worth doing anymore.
This might not be the best time to ask and you do not have too but can i ask what went wrong with he second mystery boxes being cancelled? stock issue?

Regarding cancelling the second mystery box was down to two things - one: stock is taking far longer to get to us [I'm estimating the mystery bundle stock isn't going to reach us till Thursday]. Taking that into account I am determined to have all Xmas sale orders done before the 23rd [I hate having to disappoint]. And two: It sounded like a lot of people weren't going to have the funds for another mystery bundle and as such would not do as well.

Ouch...Kinda makes spending two weeks back in November checking stock levels and creating themed days trying to sort the Christmas sale not even worth doing anymore.

I think a lot of people are appreciative of the effort you guys put in every year! Not everyone loves some of the prices, but a lot of people do. It's a really busy time of year for you all, I'm sure, so to go the extra mile to put on themed days and such is genuinely very appreciated, if not by all, then certainly by most.

Tempted with Mysteria Friends but is it really only 10 episodes at 15 mins?
It really is just 10 episodes at 15min each. What might be good to know is that each episode is effectively only a ~10min story, credits and then a short 2.5min story. If I recall correctly, the 10min one was being broadcast, while the short ones at the end of each episode were available in a mobile game(?) or something. So a very episodic show. While watching I was disappointed that they didn't use the full 15min effectively.

That being said, I did enjoy it and have bought the CE. Visually impressive show, there is some overall story progression (though not much) and next to the comedy there are some nicely done Slice of Life moments (especially in later episodes). But the relationship of the main characters felt a bit "off" and I can't shake the feeling that story-wise it could've been a lot better. All in all a net positive for me, but I find it hard to wholeheartedly recommend. Hopefully this helps in some way.

Regarding cancelling the second mystery box was down to two things - one: stock is taking far longer to get to us [I'm estimating the mystery bundle stock isn't going to reach us till Thursday]. Taking that into account I am determined to have all Xmas sale orders done before the 23rd [I hate having to disappoint]. And two: It sounded like a lot of people weren't going to have the funds for another mystery bundle and as such would not do as well.
That is understandable, well we all appreciate the efforts you are doing to please the fans, granted il admit not everyone is thrilled with the pricing of every sales, myself included, it does not mean we think of your efforts or company as anything less. You truly do make an effort to help us buyers and it is much appreciated :)

The MVM sales don't feel like much effort has been put into them.
No chill 🙃 This one is sure to give a cold sting to the heart of an MVM rep reading this.

I don't know much of the inner details so I don't have an opinion on the matter.

Although, the previous user's response in this thread goes over the situation occuring with MVM. Best to give it a read if you're curious on what's happening with the team regarding their XMAS sale.
¯\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tsk tsk, doublez 🙃

Even the unfortunate fellow had to reply to your response. Well at least you got a clear answer so hopefully that should help solve the missing pieces.

Whilst I don't have to worry about doing AL's Christmas sales, there's still plenty I'm stressing over. Our sales, pre-releases, general things. Even working on a Saturday all day and I still feel I've gotten nowhere.

You and the team are human beings. Especially in these circumstances which clearly has affected business schedule nationwide. This is a more than reasonable response. Me and at least everyone here wishes you guys great health and wellbeing.

We support and salute the team at MVM for the dedicated service in providing us all of your wonderful products. Keep up the great work and please do not let the stress get to you too much. Number one priority is to always be happy in both life and work despite the hardships along the way.

Again, love you guys and looking forward to future plans. You'll always have my contribution. Stay healthy and be blessed. Much love to your comrades and the family 😗🤘💕

Last edited:
Thanks for working so hard and please dont work yourself to death! Last year several of my orders from both anime limited and MVM didn’t come until after Christmas and I was absolutely fine with that. My purchases from your sale are mainly for myself, rather than presents for other people. Other people want boring things like clothes, so I buy them gifts elsewhere!

I'm actually slightly relieved there aren’t more mystery boxes, because between both AL and MVM DVD and blu-ray box sets I’d already purchased 4 of them this year... I still would have bought the others... probably... (though I never bothered with the DVD sets last year).

Anyway, hope when this is all over you get a really well deserved rest and that you guys make plenty of money, enough to get decent Christmas bonuses/keep your company operating healthily/etc.

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time MVM please don't give up, but also don't overwork yourselves :( <3 I really appreciate everything you do, I am currently waiting to get more money (should have it tomorrow) but I'm hoping to buy something more from your sales this year. I really hope there are nice xmas bonuses and some quality R&R for all of you at the end of this (sorry to copy Doctorkev a bit I just really do agree with this sentiment). Take care ok?

I'll just stick my head back in here to say, please don't feel disheartened! The sales obviously aren't going to be enticing for everybody. But the flip side of that is that retailers are by no means obligated to run them in the first place. Especially at the end of a year that's undoubtedly put a huge financial strain on everybody.

I've not bought a great deal from MVM in the sale this year, but I'm extremely grateful of the opportunity to pick up the few bits I have.

Plus, let's not forget the awesome deal of the week offers that run all year. Nobody can rightly accuse you guys of not doing enough to make anime available to UK fans.

Much love and respect. And I hope you can find some breathing space to kick back for a bit.

I've not bought a great deal from MVM in the sale this year, but I'm extremely grateful of the opportunity to pick up the few bits I have.

Plus, let's not forget the awesome deal of the week offers that run all year. Nobody can rightly accuse you guys of not doing enough to make anime available to UK fans.

Much love and respect. And I hope you can find some breathing space to kick back for a bit.
I agree. If there's anything, MVM's Deal of the Week is really solid value and a nice way to start the Friday morning. And the early birds are a great way to help fans acquire newer releases outside of the seasonal sales.

I just wanna check, are the same titles on the 40% off sale for today and tomorrow or will it be different 2020 titles at 40% off tomorrow? Cuz I really wanna pick up a couple of things at least that are up today but I won't have more money until tomorrow?

Back