Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Looking for some recommendations from the BOGOF section, the following have piqued my interest

Gurren Lagann
Escaflowne
Tokyo Ghoul
Wolf’s Rain
Penguin Highway

PS: does anyone know if Funimation streams the uncut Tokyo Ghoul? Netflix version was censored to hell. If Funi has that then I won’t buy the dvd/bluray
The series hasn't been covered in the disappointing discs thread so you should be safe on that front. Aside from streaming, Funimation doesn't really handle the series in the UK but they're likely streaming the home video version regardless.

I have not received a shipping notification from AL yet.
How many days after an order does AL ship an order?
I have only recieved shipping emails from stuff bought on day 1 so far (but not all of the day 1 stuff).
And if you ordered anything with a pre order you won't get a shipping notification until the entier order is possible but I think they still ship it just no notification (other wise people would get confused and think part of there order was missed, or something like that).

I have only recieved shipping emails from stuff bought on day 1 so far (but not all of the day 1 stuff).
And if you ordered anything with a pre order you won't get a shipping notification until the entier order is possible but I think they still ship it just no notification (other wise people would get confused and think part of there order was missed, or something like that).
Thanks for the info.

I bought Stocking Fillers and BOGOF titles in my order.

I am holding off with EBs as there are still a few EBs not up yet for pre-order that I want.

normally wait until MVM stuff drops down to £15 but for both shamiko and a publisher that doesn't say no to SoL i don't think i can resist on this discount

I bought The Demon Girl Next Door too :) I also got After the Rain a few days ago for similar reasons to what you stated though it's a romance as well as SoL :)

I have a question for someone who is more knowledgeable about these things. I want to pick up Planetes and FMP IV. Do you think Planetes is likely to sell out before FMP comes up or should I be able to wait until both are available? I live abroad and it would make a big difference in shipping. Thanks in advance.

I have a question for someone who is more knowledgeable about these things. I want to pick up Planetes and FMP IV. Do you think Planetes is likely to sell out before FMP comes up or should I be able to wait until both are available? I live abroad and it would make a big difference in shipping. Thanks in advance.
I would say Planetes is more likely to sell out over Full Metal Panic! IV. FMP is more readily available in other territories and the only thing that would make folks go after it is the audio drama (not to mention it is Season 4).

But that being said there's no harm holding out for a day or two as the distributor's don't expect all 1000 units to go away immediately.

Random note, I did some spreadsheet work and with the four Early Birds I was interested in, I went with the middle case scenario which was acquiring 2 of the 4 items using the 15% Screen Anime discount code. That being said the price difference is interesting.

unknown.png

My ideal outcome was to grab Oedo, Planetes and FMP using the code, but the hype with former two meant the risk of losing out on them was greater. Turns out it would only save me a few quid in the end.

I would say Planetes is more likely to sell out over Full Metal Panic! IV. FMP is more readily available in other territories and the only thing that would make folks go after it is the audio drama (not to mention it is Season 4).

But that being said there's no harm holding out for a day or two as the distributor's don't expect all 1000 units to go away immediately.
Isn't the 1000 units standard only for their ultimate editions? I would have expected that their regular collectors editions would have a higher print run than 1000.

Isn't the 1000 units standard only for their ultimate editions? I would have expected that their regular collectors editions would have a higher print run than 1000.
Older releases and specific titles were over 1000 units, but every Anime Ltd release (bar a few like Love Live! Sunshine Season 1 which was 500) have been 1000 units exact for all of their limited, collector's and ultimate sets. UK is niche market after all.

Older releases and specific titles were over 1000 units, but every Anime Ltd release (bar a few like Love Live! Sunshine Season 1 which was 500) have been 1000 units exact for all of their limited, collector's and ultimate sets. UK is niche market after all.
Penguin Highway was 1100 (according to the numbered proof of purchase), which was a pretty niche title, so that had always led me to believe that for more well known titles the print run would likely be higher.

Im curious about something does each set start of from 0-1000 or from 1000-0? i have always wondered about that.
Penguin Highway was 1100 (according to the numbered proof of purchase), which was a pretty niche title, so that had always led me to believe that for more well known titles the print run would likely be higher.

Have no idea how many units FUNimation had of FMP IV, but the Limited Edition sold out very fast in the US, and now can only be found for at least 250$ on Amazon marketplace or eBay.

Personally I’m in doubt to, to either order Cyber City Oedo and Planetes now, or wait until FMP IV shows up and then order those three together.

In my case I want Kill la Kill but can't decide if I want K, FMP or re:zero with it. I can't afford more than 2 honestly
Definitely pick up Re:ZERO as Season 2 Part 2 will broadcast in January 2021. There's also Re:ZERO: The Prophecy of the Throne Video Game releasing in the same month (EU - Feb 5 2021).

I couldn't recommend this show enough to you as it truly has deep storytelling, rich expansive world building and a distinctive selection of characters you'll come to love or hate. You should check out either the Web Novel or Light Novel as it's goes even deeper. First-rate sadistic author, who shows no mercy to the MC Subaru and co. 👍

Plus, the Limited edition box is nice 😁

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased the AL DVD mystery box and knows whats in it? Have AL said that the DVD titles are same as the ones in the Blu Ray one?

Weird question but do a company called "Welchtidy" have anything to do with Anime Limited? I received a text from them saying my parcel had been delivered and got a bit worried in case it was my 1st of December (day I ordered it) Anime Limited parcel and it had been stolen by someone in my building before I could get to it? I'm sure it's probably just a mistake but thought it was worth asking about it here. I haven't received a shipping notification from AL but I haven't always received one from them for every single order (that is to say mostly I did but occasionally it was overlooked).

AL stuff normally comes via Royal Mail. I had a Google of Welchtidy and it seems they are a DIY hardware wholesale company, but weirdly one of the results was a page on Yodel website about fraud using that method!
So ignore and certainly don't click any links or call any phone numbers on the text.

AL stuff normally comes via Royal Mail. I had a Google of Welchtidy and it seems they are a DIY hardware wholesale company, but weirdly one of the results was a page on Yodel website about fraud using that method!
So ignore and certainly don't click any links or call any phone numbers on the text.

Thanks for the info, I asked because my order is to be sent via tracked recorded and I'm not sure they use RM for that, but clearly it's not them so that's a relief! :)

Back