Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Well I just got the got the 10% code, i could not get the 15% code as screen anime wont allow my email registry as my country is not covered oh well.

Picked up Princess Principal as my first order in these 12 days. I wanted to support MVM as I don't usually buy their stuff and I was gravitating towards that show more.

The mystery boxes are on AL's site with an ominous "coming soon" this is the first year I'll skip it though as I bought a lot last year and am more interested in K and Kill la Kill later on.

box.jpg
images.jpg

So mystery box today and the introduction of an EB at 1 per day for the rest of the 12 days. Plus a general sale on other stuff for the whole 12 days is how I understand it?

Was this the order the EBs were announced and is that a clue to which day they'll show up?:

So mystery box today and the introduction of an EB at 1 per day for the rest of the 12 days. Plus a general sale on other stuff for the whole 12 days is how I understand it?

Was this the order the EBs were announced and is that a clue to which day they'll show up?:
Honestly the order was never really revealed. It could be the way it was first announced, could be the way it was unveiled at Cloud Matsuri, could be alphabetical, it's all up in the air at the moment.

Urgh no offense to the hard workers at MVM but their Synopsis can never really sell me.

Log Horizon sounds like it's a Sword Art Online clone
Flip Flappers sounds like a generic magical girl show
Girls Last Tour and Princess Principal are the more original ones but I still don't know anything about them.

It's worth saying that Log Horizon and SAO share one main premise. Trapped in a game world. That's whether it differs massively. Log Horizon is more about the world they are in, living and dealing with how the world works and how their player status affects it, and so forth.

Btw. Anyone has this Log Horizon CE? It's artbox and artcards, so similar to Higurashi box?
I thought it was just a complete collection thing, just season 1 and 2. Is it more than that?

It's worth saying that Log Horizon and SAO share one main premise. Trapped in a game world. That's whether it differs massively. Log Horizon is more about the world they are in, living and dealing with how the world works and how their player status affects it, and so forth.
This highlights the problem I face when I base a purchasing decision on the Synopsis and MAL reviews. I'm sure you guys would all get tired of me very quickly if I kept asking "so what the hell is this one about" :p

Anime is a secondary hobby for me, my primary ones being technology and gaming so I'm not as well informed.

This highlights the problem I face when I base a purchasing decision on the Synopsis and MAL reviews. I'm sure you guys would all get tired of me very quickly if I kept asking "so what the hell is this one about" :p

Anime is a secondary hobby for me, my primary ones being technology and gaming so I'm not as well informed.
It's fine! a forum like this is precisely where you can ask that sort of question. Believe me loads of us here are happy to go on and on about the shows we love.

The best advice i can give you about it, is you should rather try it out yourself at least once to get a real idea, descriptions, reviews etc are usually so limited based on ones perspective, however i can tell you that Log Horizon is by no means a clone of SAO, it is funny cause a lot of people, myself included all thought of it as such when it first aired less than year after SAO but it was certainly different and in a lot of ways filled out the disappointments a lot of people had after they saw SAO and its rather squandered story-line. But as i said, try an episode or 2 and than decided.

Well i for one will certainly not get the anime limited mystery box, not with what they currently have that would be included, most of them i do not care about, others if u buy, high chance you have to buy the rest of the set and as a completionist their is no way i am taking that risk again, not with other titles on my priority list right now. I just hope in addition to it we get at least one EB release today, preferably either K or Planetes so i can buy those and the rest on the list in a single stock and save me costs on international shipping.

It's fine! a forum like this is precisely where you can ask that sort of question. Believe me loads of us here are happy to go on and on about the shows we love.
Thank you, it was actually your description of Princess Principal that made me pull the trigger ;)

An episodic spy thriller sounded very interesting

The best advice i can give you about it, is you should rather try it out yourself at least once to get a real idea, descriptions, reviews etc are usually so limited based on ones perspective, however i can tell you that Log Horizon is by no means a clone of SAO, it is funny cause a lot of people myself included all tought of it as such when it first aired less than year after SAO but it was certainly different and in a lot of ways filled out the disappointments a lot of people had after they saw SAO and its rather squandered story-line. But as i said, try an episode or 2 and than decided.
I do try to do this, I have subscriptions to Netflix and Crunchyroll for such a purpose. But time isn't always on my side and there are a lot of shows lol

I have now received my 15% code via email (11.21am to be exact), so hopefully your (10% news letter code) should be along soon

Yeah thanks, I saw mine come in too.

I see there is a minimum £50 spend on it.
Makes sense now to hold off until wanting to pre order everything I want at once then I suppose?
Do I run risk of any pre orders selling out before the end of the sale?

Back