Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Received my first of two orders from MVM yesterday (it shipped on the 14th). Glad to have received something before Xmas, hope everyone else does too.

Bit confused about the AL orders though. One of my orders was for £147 but i seem to have only been billed £99 so far. Does that mean i’m likely to be missing items when it arrives?

Received my first of two orders from MVM yesterday (it shipped on the 14th). Glad to have received something before Xmas, hope everyone else does too.

Bit confused about the AL orders though. One of my orders was for £147 but i seem to have only been billed £99 so far. Does that mean i’m likely to be missing items when it arrives?
Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing you're from the UK.
My first MVM orders shipped the 3rd and I still haven't received this order. I do think there is a chance it can arrive before Christmas. By now my 2nd MVM order more than likely won't arrive until next year.
My AL order still haven't been shipped.

For those waiting on orders to Europe that have yet to hear the news, it's almost certain that for some they will likely arrive after Brexit now unfortunately. With more countries preventing UK residents travel in, there is a chance more countries will follow France, even if only briefly, in stopping anything getting in.

For those waiting on orders to Europe that have yet to hear the news, it's almost certain that for some they will likely arrive after Brexit now unfortunately. With more countries preventing UK residents travel in, there is a chance more countries will follow France, even if only briefly, in stopping anything getting in.
i think that's to do with regular passenger travel, not shipping stuff

i think that's to do with regular passenger travel, not shipping stuff
Some of it is, but there's stuff about lorries pilling up and stuck at the border along with the channel crossing being affected. Royal Mail announced something about it today too saying they were halting deliveries to Europe.

My biggest order by volume arrived yesterday via FedEx in impeccable condition. I wonder if AL are now using Lime Wood for distribution? The packing seemed very similar to how Indicator send theirs

My biggest order by volume arrived yesterday via FedEx in impeccable condition. I wonder if AL are now using Lime Wood for distribution? The packing seemed very similar to how Indicator send theirs
I don’t know who Indicator are but all my packages have come from Lime Wood

Pretty much everything I ordered from AL has arrived now, bar any items from my day 1 order. Which I'm not worried about, as it was a BIG order, and I reckon they're still waiting to pull bits of it together.

Overall, I've been impressed at how timely everything has been arriving!

Everything else I ordered from the UK on the same date or after have all arrived except my two MVM orders and ofcourse my AL order wich haven't shipped. So I very much doubt it has anything to do with the preventing of the UK residents to travel.

Some of it is, but there's stuff about lorries pilling up and stuck at the border along with the channel crossing being affected. Royal Mail announced something about it today too saying they were halting deliveries to Europe.
I did not notice this post before I replied to the other post. It should still not make a difference to my first order wich should have arrived by now.

That explains none of my orders have arrived yet. Sigh Christmas fever coupled with a worldwide global catastrophe, they make quite a pair. (for the record both mvm and al have done a great job keeping me informed, it i s just circumstances are out of control for everyone so their is no helping it.)

It is a mircale i finally got something and its the mystery box. But its wierd why did i get this but not my 1st day orders? did they work in reverse?

Also another quick question for @MVM Why do so many of your titles have no trailers? not even present in the special features? its a terrible business model not promoting some of your other goods.

It is a mircale i finally got something and its the mystery box. But its wierd why did i get this but not my 1st day orders? did they work in reverse?
Since the mystery box was a predetermined selection of titles, I wouldn't be surprised if they had them pre-packaged before the sale and ready to slap an address label on.

Why do so many of your titles have no trailers?
Authoring their own disc just to put their own trailers on would cost a lot of money, versus the significantly lower cost of cloning existing discs from an overseas distributor (with different region flags set, of course). So it's simply not worth all the extra expense.

MVM seems to be taking a very long time to ship things. 1st week into January and still have a lot of product that hasnt even been shipped yet. Anime Limited got me all my stuff already, and I'm overseas too. :( Waiting by the door and waiting for a package sucks lol

MVM seems to be taking a very long time to ship things. 1st week into January and still have a lot of product that hasnt even been shipped yet. Anime Limited got me all my stuff already, and I'm overseas too. :( Waiting by the door and waiting for a package sucks lol

I placed two anime orders during the Holiday sale from MVM on their AOL site on 12/11 and 12/12, and both shipments arrived over here in the US on 12/30. Normal non-Holiday non-Covid shipping time is usually 10-12 days, so 18-19 days isn't too bad for the current situation. I also placed an order from them on 12/2, but that one is for pre-order CE sets that aren't released yet.

Figured I would do a list of thing that might be causing delay for dispatch for AllTheAnime, from orders i've made that haven't been dispatched for what ever reason.
Reprinting
List of items from the sale that could have caused delay to orders (possbily even day 1 orders), these are items shown as reprinting in porgress (NOTE: this may not be the reason for the delay, just a list):
-Wolf rain Std Blu ray (Order a copy after said "reprint" Dispatched 7th Jan)
-Outlaw star Blu ray (Order a copy after said "reprint" Dispatched 7th Jan)
-Cowboy bebop Blu ray (Order a copy after said "reprint" Dispatched 7th Jan)
-Gurren Lagann Blu ray (Order a copy after said "reprint" Dispatched 7th Jan)
-Full Metal Panic season 1 Blu ray (EDIT: Other user report received items, so may not be a cause for delays)
-Full Metal Panic Fumoffu Blu ray (within large day 1 order dispatched 7th Jan)
-Aldnoah zero S1 Blu ray (within large day 1 order dispatched 7th Jan)
-Aldnoah zero S2 Blu ray (EDIT: Other user report received items, so may not be a cause for delays)
------------------------
-Mobile suit gundam Part 2 (Order a copy after said "reprint" but have received)
-Gundam zeta part 1 (Order a copy after said "reprint" but have received)

Pre-orders also sound like they could hold up your orders, but more due to technicalities of there fullfillment center struggle with partial orders. (so I have no idea when im getting my large day 1 shipment as I added violet evergarden to the mix, EDIT large order dispatched with everything except Violet evergarden due to release delay)

Sold out / but should be (I'm assuming) on hold if bought before it was marked as "sold out" (so i don't think this is something that'll cause delay)
-Lucky star
-Hyouka part 1 CE
-Yona of the dawn part 1 Blu ray
-Escaflowne & Escaflowne the Movie

Feel free to mention others (or PM) and I'll add them to the list as I know there is more, but it is hard to check some of these, as AllTheAnime have removed some of the listing so only get 404 errors (but probably sold out if getting 404 and not doing a reprint)

UPDATE: 07/01/2021 everything on my list just dispatched today. Well this list lasted a whole day before becoming obsolete :D

Last edited:
Back