Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

sigh I'm still waiting for anything I ordered in the AL sale to ship (one order on the 2nd, the other on the 4th). They're shooting their fulfillment team in the foot with the daily pre-orders, since it just tickles people's FOMO gland and causes multiple orders.

Placed 5 orders from the Christmas sale (1 pre-order from before is still open), 3 new preorders, 1 with a wodge of other sale items, and 2 orders for sale items.

So far one has been shipped and received. Placed one order at MVM in its last three days general sale, and that was mailed out yesterday.

VAT charges are going to be applied to packages from the UK coming into Europe, regardless of whether or not a deal is reached, the only way for that to be avoided is for the UK to stay within the customs union, and IIRC that option hasn't been on the table since Theresa May stood down as PM (not trying to be political, just stating the facts as I understand them).

So, IMO the two questions for MVM, AL and others are;
1) Will we (anyone outside the UK) be able to buy from their sites without being charged the UK VAT?
AFAIK this should be entirely possible, numerous EU stores don't charge VAT if shipping outside the EU, so it's certainly not a legal issue.
If they don't, we will be paying our country's VAT on top of the UK vat, which (in Ireland, at least) will come to an effective total VAT rate of a little over 45%, and then there's the bs "collection" fees too...
I know a few here are outside the EU and buy from MVM and/or AL, I always meant to ask, do you pay VAT, i.e. the exact price listed on the store, or is it reduced by around 17% during checkout?

2) The other possibility is the UK companies actually charge the EU rather than UK VAT and pay & clear that for us, like how amazon .com and .co.jp, and ebay via their global shipping programme already do.
amazon.co.uk have basically confirmed they'll be doing this, at least for Ireland, hopefully some other stores do also but I don't expect MVM or AL to be among them, and understandably so as I doubt they get enough EU orders to really make it worth setting up, unfortunately.

So, regardless of whatever deal (if any) is reached, I'm preparing for VAT charges to be applied from 1st January, I haven't pre-ordered any of the 3 xmas early birds I really want from AL precisely because of this.

Anyways, this is an area of concern for me and others, but sorry for the long off-topic post.
Well there are Vat charges already. When I buy directly from Amazon UK, it always says this and that amount is VAT.

Well there are Vat charges already. When I buy directly from Amazon UK, it always says this and that amount is VAT.
That's because Amazon adjusts the VAT paid to the country the order is being shipped to. This will still happen post Brexit, unless you go over the duty threshold there will be no additional fees for items from Amazon UK.

I think my giant Day 1 order may have just shipped today and I think it is coming via FedEx (next day and apparently arriving tomorrow), so maybe will give a bit of hope to others who did similar and hoping for postage before the end of the month with in Europe.
But it is a giant order so I could be an unusual case and some large orders may still be via the usual royal mail, I honestly don't know how they do it (I was orginally under the impression they only used Royal mail, so I may just be a special case).

NOTE: it still down as Unfullfilled on AlltheAnime account page as I have a pre order of Violet evergreen in the order.

EDIT: turns out the FedEx order was not actually my giant order, it had Eureka seven ultimate and Code geass part 3 and a few other thing in 2 boxes

Last edited:
Im an international buyer so far none of the Anime Limted orders have shipped out as they are listed an unfulfilled.

The MVM stuff have all been listed as shiped but almost 3 weeks in and they still have not arrived,

I am getting a little worried as orders from uk never took this long to get here not even during the covid epidemic. IF none of them arrive by the end of december il try to see if i can contact them regarding where they are.

It's payday and it's the last day of the sale (but sadly the voucher expired on the 13th). I won't go nuts but I'll grab something. Kill la Kill is still tempting but I am paralyzed by choice lol.

It's been all MVM actually.

Before my surprise £200 dental bill last month I snagged Demon Girl pre-order, Bunny Girl Senpai CE and Princess Principal CE.
Well for AL pre-order early bird offers I recommend Cyber City Oedo 808 and Millennium Actress with FMP! IV, Kill la Kill and Planetes as extra options if you have tons of funds remaining :3

Im an international buyer so far none of the Anime Limted orders have shipped out as they are listed an unfulfilled.

The MVM stuff have all been listed as shiped but almost 3 weeks in and they still have not arrived,

I am getting a little worried as orders from uk never took this long to get here not even during the covid epidemic. IF none of them arrive by the end of december il try to see if i can contact them regarding where they are.
I'm an international buyer and I just got two shipping notifications for my first two big orders of around 300£ so with some luck your items might be shipped soon as well. They also shipped my FMP IV yesterday 😄

My AL order still haven't shipped either.

My MVM orders have shipped and by now the first MVM order should have arrived, It is Christmas, here in Denmark they talk about having 40% more packages to handle than last year, I don't know what country you are from? but I think there is a big backlog at courier companies all over europe.

Just received my FMP! IV pre-order today. I had not believed the shipping notice, given the release date of 11/1! Have now received all the available AL orders, except the other pre-orders (to which I couldn't resist adding millennium actress in the end) & those awaiting reprint. MVM/AoL stuff arrived within days of the orders, apart from the pre-order.

Back