UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I do have to wonder if it's linked to them merging the event with EGX and simultaneously focusing on viral influencers. Suddenly having to add the EGX crowd to the tentative accepted list and changing the criteria to be more demanding.
That's the most common theory out there. X number of passes and likely a rule where Y number must go to EGX related people.

Surprised it isn't the City Hunter: Angel Dust steelbook seeing as the French, German and Italian releases of that were just announced and the discs are English friendly.
City Hunter: Angel Dust is currently in a weird limbo at the moment, I tend to agree that chances are thats the disc we'll get (though, rip for fans who wanted the dub continued, one downside of not having Discotek handle it in the US). It's already had its run in France and such, but its a much, much bigger thing over there.

Really has had a somewhat weak appearance here, to my knowledge, its only appeared at a Cardiff film festival and was skipped over for SLA (franchise film, granted), same in the US, with a single festival appearance as far as I know.

Last edited:
Why are they even combining them? I'm not interested in EGX.
Willing to bet part of it is the difference in MCM post Brexit and the height of the pandemic. If you attended prior to those it's hard not to notice how MCM has kinda scaled back and no longer gets big announcements (bar Hasbro). Combining with EGX adds a bit more oomph and probably also helps split the cost of hiring out the ExCel.

Give me an amaray case over a steelbook any day. Although, I am aware I'm probably part of the minority in that department.

Also not a fan of this increased habit for distributors/licensors to lock the 4K behind a steelbook or deluxe edition for a year or more, before the standard edition 4K is eventually released.
With you on this one, its the main thing stopping me picking up Paprika, Godzilla -1 and Arcane on 4k as well as the Witch from Mercury sets. I'll just be miserable when they sell out and no standard edition is made available instead.

Back