UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hi all. Apologies if this is a very silly question, but does anyone know if the 15% Anime Unlimited discount code should work on sale items? I tried it, and I get a message saying that the code "couldn't be used with your existing discounts."

Did I read the marketing incorrectly for this? I thought the codes were specifically for this event. The T&Cs say you can't use it on preorder and early bird stuff, but it doesn't say you can't use it on sale/BOGOF items.

I don't mind if I can't use it. The discounts are nice! I just don't want to click order before I know that I could have saved an extra £30.
The 15% discount code is a one off code and you have to be an Unlimited member (so pay £17.99 I think (and gives you a 10% off code usable for the year as many times as you wish) for a years subscription), and i s essentially linked to your account

I belive can use it on BOGOF but it removes the BOGOF code so usually not a great option unless just buying one item and you really want it to come in one parcel with the rest of your sale item (so pretty much international buyers only).
EDIT: ahh just tested 2 BOGOF titles and yeah it reverts to the BOGOF instead and removes the 15% off

Last edited:
You can't use the code if you have 2 or more titles from the BOGOF section as that discount code will be automatically applied. This isn't an issue if you're in the UK or Ireland but could end up cost6more due to shipping for international customers.
Oh wow yes, you're right! Thank you very much. I deleted the BOGOFs, and now the discount has applied. Which is great, but it also strikes me that this is going to cost them more money, because now I need to put through a second order for the BOGOFs which will be shipped separately. Odd that the code doesn't just apply to the items that it's valid for.

In any case - you've saved me £15. Thank you!

The 15% discount code is a one off code and you have to be an Unlimited member (so pay £17.99 I think (and gives you a 10% off code usable for the year sa many times as you wish) for a years subscription), and i s essentially linked to your account

I belive can use it on BOGOF but it removes the BOGOF code so usually not a great option unless just buying one item and you really want it to come in one parcel with the rest of your sle item (so pretty much international buyers only).
EDIT: ahh just tested 2 BOGOF titles and yeah it reverts to the BOGOF instead and removes the 15% off
Thank you very much for that. Yeah, I'm an Unlimited member, so I got the code by email. Looks like it applies to the collectors box sets, but not the BOGOF.

Very grateful to you for taking the time to reply!

Wait, did I miss something? Did they completely scrap the free international shipping after 150GBP?
Someone asked them on Twitter this morning and all they said was that "there is currently no free shipping for over £100 as we're currently in the process of assessing shipping expenses."

I have had their subscription for the last few years now (whenever they did the Snow White box set) and they have had FS at every sale at least since then.

Someone asked them on Twitter this morning and all they said was that "there is currently no free shipping for over £100 as we're currently in the process of assessing shipping expenses."

I have had their subscription for the last few years now (whenever they did the Snow White box set) and they have had FS at every sale at least since then.
Yikes, that's a big shame. Not doing VAT for EU customers was already a "big" blow in my opinion compared to other retailers doing VAT (both big and small). Seems like the Embracer Group cuts is really digging deep. 😬Might be thinking twice before going with a Mystery Box or smaller orders nowadays, even during sales.

No IOSS is a really big shame I really want to use ALs store on a regular basis but small orders make no sense so I tend to just buy in bulk during the sales to offset the extra charges

Unless they sell out for whatever reason when I get paid I plan to just get The Garden of Words steelbook and Captain Tylor (a shame the OVA series isn't on sale as well).

Well, I was going to put an £100 order together for this sale, but I won't bother now without the free international shipping - If they totally drop the free shipping for all 3 of their big sales, I won't be ordering much of anything from them anymore, so probably no reason to keep my AnimeUnLimited membership, either. I'll just buy one or two CE titles at a time from MVM.

While losing the free international shipping is a bummer, at least I don’t have to hit the £100 threshold (not that it was terribly difficult to do) anymore. I’ll just have to be more selective with future purchases and probably lean on Anime-on-line more often.

Still no emails with discount codes. Not even an email about the sale. It's like they've lost me on their member database. Luckily, there's nothing that I want (that I don't already have). Any this way, I'm not tempted to pick up the mystery box on a whim. Phew!

Or they just didn’t bother sending the discount codes out to everyone, as I haven't received any emails about the sale either. 😮‍💨

I have received two emails, one for the discount code for email subscribers and one about the sale. Although I have no interest in this sale as I already own most of items I want and there is no free international shipping for the few items I do want.

To be fair shipping costs are getting at more expensive these days it’s north of $40 to ship to US atm, even just shipping to Ireland is like £9 or so
AL offers free UK shipping, with an estimated value of £2.99 per CE / £1.55 per Standard edition.
As the free shipping treshold was £100 before VAT, one would need at least 4 CE or 12 Standard editions (of the sale items) to hit that £100 treshold - so the included "free UK shipping value" actually comes pretty close to the actual shipping costs for European destinations...
So it would be quite fair to get free EU shipping for large orders or at least some discount on the actual shipping fees. They could also offer a discount on US shipping, as that would likely be more expensive so they couldn't offer it for free (at least not for £100 treshold)

Back