UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I assume they are extremely busy as they have got a lot of licenses recently so that’s part of it but its side effect is leaving people in the dark. When you send an email and it takes like 5 days or longer to respond it feels weird

There doesn’t seem to be a 10% off discount code for normies. Here’s the 15% off though.

IMG-6038.png

Haha I went a bit silly in the sale. I must say that the below are not necessarily in genres that are representative of my true loves and passions - but they are all definitely things that I'm interested in watching.

Collectors editions:
  • Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Steelbook)
  • Akame Ga Kill
  • Parasyte - the Maxim
  • Memories
  • The Irresponsible Captain Tylor - TV Series
  • Kakegurui
  • The Garden of Words (Steelbook)

BOGOF
  • The four Tokyo Ghoul disks
  • The two Jujutsu Kaisen disks

AL offers free UK shipping, with an estimated value of £2.99 per CE / £1.55 per Standard edition.
As the free shipping treshold was £100 before VAT, one would need at least 4 CE or 12 Standard editions (of the sale items) to hit that £100 treshold - so the included "free UK shipping value" actually comes pretty close to the actual shipping costs for European destinations...
Doesn't quite work like that, unless they send every item individually. Using Tracked 24, for instance, it's £3.99 for a small parcel up to 2kg. That can be a fair few CEs. Even a medium parcel up to 10kg is only £7.49 - that's a lot of CEs!

And these are the prices that regular customers pay; AL have an account so they'll pay less.

It's just so expensive sending items abroad. I guess AL have realised that they can't absorb those costs any more. Perhaps they'll review it and offer discounts on postage if orders from outside the UK appreciably drop.

I am really tempted by the Vinyl box. Hoping to see someone post the what's in it before the end of the sale.

Same for the standard bluray mystery box, but that one really depends on content if I will order it or not.

It really is a shame the international shipping is paid again. Let's hope they fix easy taxing for Europe. If they split the shipment I have to pay quite a bit of extra administration fees over here in the Netherlands.

Same for the standard bluray mystery box, but that one really depends on content if I will order it or not.
My mystery Blu-ray box hasn’t shipped, I’m assuming they will ship at the end of the sale so people do not leak the contents online. Shame because my order also has Our Sound with it, and I was hoping to get to watch it this week.

My BOGOF stuff dispatched though, so I assume that will arrive tomorrow.

My mystery Blu-ray box hasn’t shipped, I’m assuming they will ship at the end of the sale so people do not leak the contents online. Shame because my order also has Our Sound with it, and I was hoping to get to watch it this week.

My BOGOF stuff dispatched though, so I assume that will arrive tomorrow.

People were able to leak the contents of the Xmas mystery boxes in time for other people to then go and purchase them if they wanted.

People were able to leak the contents of the Xmas mystery boxes in time for other people to then go and purchase them if they wanted.
Perhaps it’s the copy of Our Sound that’s holding that order then. Shame, that’s the one thing I wanted to arrive quickish so I could watch it tomorrow night as I’m busy the rest of the week. Shakes fist at the sky!

Doesn't quite work like that, unless they send every item individually. Using Tracked 24, for instance, it's £3.99 for a small parcel up to 2kg. That can be a fair few CEs. Even a medium parcel up to 10kg is only £7.49 - that's a lot of CEs!

And these are the prices that regular customers pay; AL have an account so they'll pay less.

It's just so expensive sending items abroad. I guess AL have realised that they can't absorb those costs any more. Perhaps they'll review it and offer discounts on postage if orders from outside the UK appreciably drop.
I used the worst case scanario for both - to be fair. And given their current early bird schemes, it's likely that most of their domestic orders are usually just 1 or 2 items - and not a full 2 kg package.

A 2kg small parcel tracked is just £10.50 tracked to major european destinations, or £13 insured up to £250 value. However AL charges £15, whilest they shouldn't charge more than the difference between the actual international shipping fees, and either the "included value" or the domestic shipping fees of the same order.

Back