UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Think thats me done for the Christmas sale. I do have the following Gundam bluray that I don't have so might consider buying for the sake of the collection

Gundam NT (£15)
Gundam F91 (£15)
Gundam Chars Counter Attack (£10)

At what point I'd just chuck Violet Evergarden Movie in as I don't own it yet

But they don't really seem to be all that popular with the two unicorn movies getting mid 6 score on MAL
while Char gets a mid-7

So kinda wondering if its even worth it....

(oh and yeh, this would be separate orders to take full advantage of BOGOF but still unsure)

Think thats me done for the Christmas sale. I do have the following Gundam bluray that I don't have so might consider buying for the sake of the collection

Gundam NT (£15)
Gundam F91 (£15)
Gundam Chars Counter Attack (£10)

At what point I'd just chuck Violet Evergarden Movie in as I don't own it yet

But they don't really seem to be all that popular with the two unicorn movies getting mid 6 score on MAL
while Char gets a mid-7

So kinda wondering if its even worth it....

(oh and yeh, this would be separate orders to take full advantage of BOGOF but still unsure)
I wouldn't worry about audience scores too much. A couple of my favourite shows have received 6/10s. Some shows I consider dreadful have received 9/10s. Everyone's experience is different and all that.

Personally I've not seen NT or F91 but I consider CCA to be a great entry in the franchise. Definitely recommend it if you're familiar with the UC canon.

Little witch academia is my no1 most wanted U.K. license, no2 being Sherlock Hound, maybe someday

Well, we haven't even gotten a LWA release over here in the US yet, and I don't know if we ever will. I decided to bite the bullet and import all of the Japanese Blu-rays, which do have English subtitles, as they originally released, completing the set in 2017. It looks like all of these releases are still available at JP retailers, but importing the entire set of nine is unfortunately fairly expensive, with each release costing about ¥6000 or so new...

lwa1-9jp.jpg

lwa1-9jp2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, we haven't even gotten a LWA release over here in the US yet, and I don't know if we ever will. I decided to bite the bullet and import all of the Japanese Blu-rays, which do have English subtitles, as they originally released, completing the set in 2017. It looks like all of these releases are still available at JP retailers, but importing the entire set of nine is unfortunately fairly expensive, with each release costing about ¥6000 or so new...
The storage box is gorgeous too, if you opt to get it.
LWABox1.jpg

LWABox2.jpg

LWABox3.jpg

Oh okay. They said they wanted it licensed. They never mentioned that it had to be blu-ray 🙁
Given the age of that DVD I don't think it really counts as being licensed either. Most licenses usually last 7-8 years so that's likely long since expired. In context of the discussion I thought it was a given that asking new company to license it would naturally mean an upgrade in format as well. While there's certainly an audience for DVDs, many people active on the forum are more focused on Blu-rays.

Is there much chance of macross plus being one of the early bird sale items?
I'm kinda holding out on purchasing anything else to see if it comes up, as what I get depends on the price of it & I'd love to replace my Italian blu-ray copy; though it does depend on whether I think it's worth the cost for the extras.

(The Italian version doesn't have English subs for anyone wondering. I ripped & synced some English subs with it then burned it on a bd-r).

Is there much chance of macross plus being one of the early bird sale items?
I'm kinda holding out on purchasing anything else to see if it comes up, as what I get depends on the price of it & I'd love to replace my Italian blu-ray copy; though it does depend on whether I think it's worth the cost for the extras.

(The Italian version doesn't have English subs for anyone wondering. I ripped & synced some English subs with it then burned it on a bd-r).
Highly doubt it. Fairly certain the only EBs will the the 7 shown in the preview

Do Alltheanime still bother answering emails sent to their shop.uk@ address?
I don't think my last email was answered either (months ago) and there doesn't appear to be any other way to contact them.

Do Alltheanime still bother answering emails sent to their shop.uk@ address?
I don't think my last email was answered either (months ago) and there doesn't appear to be any other way to contact them.
Yes, I sent an email recently and got a response within less than two hours.

Back