UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm still awaiting to hear , if they have all of Food wars?
Seems another of the titles that will end up never completely released because people don't buy bits of series until they are sure they can finish it

Hi everyone,

I never post anything here, but I do actively read this thread and have bought more AL products than I can care to count. However, after reading the comments about the Nadia release, I felt compelled to say my piece on the situation regarding the A4 book.

Now I haven't bought the release yet as the 4K part 1 & 2 collectors editions are just out my price range this second, but over the past 10 years, there have been many spelling and grammar issues in ALs products that I have spotted (minor stuff really). However, the issues being raised about the Nadia book are simply saddening for me to hear. For a company that is 10 years old and one that produces some really beautiful and well designed products with quality printed materials, it is a shame that they keep faltering with text proofing, which in the grand scheme of things is a simple thing to do and a vital one at that.

I am a graphic designer and I have worked on the design and pre-press of a fair few gaming books and magazines since Covid began for various publishers. Before anything goes to press and print though, I always ensure that the text given to me by the editor is fully proofed (usually done by the editor and another person). I then read through all the text myself and then let the editor know if there are any issues. This way I can be confident that what i'm designing and sending to print is throughly proofed and of a high standard, because believe me, the internet is very good at spotting the smallest of mistakes, and I have made a couple before (thankfully rectified before final proof document is sent to the printer.

So I don't know what the process or pipeline is for AL when it comes to printing materials, but it is clear to me that they need to address that there is a problem here and that Nadia has to be the last time that sort of issue presents itself. They need to make sure that whatever goes to print is triple-checked. Don't rush anything. What is also pertininent right now is how this disc issue is solved (not my field), but I hope also that AL addresses their customers with haste on this one - that is a serious issue, and considering the cost and wait times for the release, an issue that should at the very least be addressed on here. Things like that can really damage a companies reputation.

Hi everyone,

I never post anything here, but I do actively read this thread and have bought more AL products than I can care to count. However, after reading the comments about the Nadia release, I felt compelled to say my piece on the situation regarding the A4 book.

Now I haven't bought the release yet as the 4K part 1 & 2 collectors editions are just out my price range this second, but over the past 10 years, there have been many spelling and grammar issues in ALs products that I have spotted (minor stuff really). However, the issues being raised about the Nadia book are simply saddening for me to hear. For a company that is 10 years old and one that produces some really beautiful and well designed products with quality printed materials, it is a shame that they keep faltering with text proofing, which in the grand scheme of things is a simple thing to do and a vital one at that.

I am a graphic designer and I have worked on the design and pre-press of a fair few gaming books and magazines since Covid began for various publishers. Before anything goes to press and print though, I always ensure that the text given to me by the editor is fully proofed (usually done by the editor and another person). I then read through all the text myself and then let the editor know if there are any issues. This way I can be confident that what i'm designing and sending to print is throughly proofed and of a high standard, because believe me, the internet is very good at spotting the smallest of mistakes, and I have made a couple before (thankfully rectified before final proof document is sent to the printer.

So I don't know what the process or pipeline is for AL when it comes to printing materials, but it is clear to me that they need to address that there is a problem here and that Nadia has to be the last time that sort of issue presents itself. They need to make sure that whatever goes to print is triple-checked. Don't rush anything. What is also pertininent right now is how this disc issue is solved (not my field), but I hope also that AL addresses their customers with haste on this one - that is a serious issue, and considering the cost and wait times for the release, an issue that should at the very least be addressed on here. Things like that can really damage a companies reputation.
I'm no expert in the subject matter but I wonder if the recent issues are just simply due to a lack of competition and/or being understaffed? Is Anime Limited/Alltheanime the only anime distributor in the UK nowadays? Whatever happened to Manga Entertainment? I remember when I was a teenager they used to pump out a lot of anime DVDs.

Anime has only become more popular in the last decade and the demand for anime related media will have only increased. Going by the issues that people have mentioned on here previously it seems like they are rushing things out without the appropriate quality control measures in place and some titles seem to get delayed for months on end going by the experiences of others on here. I'm kind of not expecting to get my Digimon CE around the advertised release date now haha.

I'm no expert in the subject matter but I wonder if the recent issues are just simply due to a lack of competition and/or being understaffed? Is Anime Limited/Alltheanime the only anime distributor in the UK nowadays? Whatever happened to Manga Entertainment? I remember when I was a teenager they used to pump out a lot of anime DVDs.

Anime has only become more popular in the last decade and the demand for anime related media will have only increased. Going by the issues that people have mentioned on here previously it seems like they are rushing things out without the appropriate quality control measures in place and many titles seem to get delayed for months on end going by the experiences of others on here. I'm kind of not expecting to get my Digimon CE around the advertised release date now haha.
There's three distributors in the UK. Crunchyroll, Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment. A few years back Manga Entertainment was acquired by Funimation and later rebranded under their name. Funimation later merged and rebranded to Crunchyroll when Sony acquired the company.

Anime has only become more popular in the last decade and the demand for anime related media will have only increased. Going by the issues that people have mentioned on here previously it seems like they are rushing things out without the appropriate quality control measures in place and some titles seem to get delayed for months on end going by the experiences of others on here. I'm kind of not expecting to get my Digimon CE around the advertised release date now haha.
Trust me when I say this, but it doesn't cost a lot or take too much resource / time to proof text; especially the amount that I have seen in their collectors edition books anyways. That is the issue I'm getting at anyways based on my own experiences working on materials like books similar to that of the one included with the Nadia set. They can always outsource this stuff to freelancers for example. If people are rushing and messing up stuff like text in what should be quality printed materials, then they need to sort themselves out...

I'm still awaiting to hear , if they have all of Food wars?
Seems another of the titles that will end up never completely released because people don't buy bits of series until they are sure they can finish it
This is my concern, I already own the first 2 seasons of Food Wars, so I wont be buying the anime limited release. I imagine there are other people in the same situation. And I'm concerned if the new sets dont sell well they wont sell the later seasons.

As for the Christmas announcements... Is this some kind of joke? I mean, first of all, there's very little of it, and secondly, nothing here blew me away. There are titles here that I will definitely pick up, Aku no Hana or Kaiji, but most of them are returns after years of series that have already been released in the UK (Parasite). If that's all, skipping these sales will be incredibly easy this year.
Yep, so easy that I am skipping it entirely. I am not being angry or spiteful here, the truth just is that there is absolutely nothing for me to buy this year. Instead I will buy NANA, Kakegurui seasons 1-2, all seasons of BanG Dream and The Executioner and Her Way of Life from Sentai. Oh, and Kageki Shojo!! from CR.

I'm so pissed off. I should have gone with Sentai's releases of Kakegurui's seasons in the first place. There is absolutely nothing for me to buy/order during AL's Christmas Sale, there is nothing I want. All of my money will be going to CR and Sentai.
I waited a couple of years for Gundam 0080 and 08th MS Team, while AL released just about every other Gundam under the sun, before importing. I was sure that my purchase would precipitate an announcement, but nope, still nothin. I don't know what's worse, the Kakegurui situation where they assured us it's coming but (until now) it never came, or the Gundam series where they simply declined to comment one way or the other.

It's a bit surreal that there's been no acknowledgement of even a potential issue with Nadia, despite Andrew having posted in the thread. This is crazy. What is happening.

Not much in the new announcements for me either, but it's good that we're getting shows like Shirobako and Kaiji. I would've got Shirobako but I have the Sentai release AND the French CE set 🤦‍♂️

I know Demelza explained the whole QA thing with books, but I'm still surprised when Anime Limited are looking at £200 a set, nobody at their quality control noticed the incorrect names when the A4 booklets only 136 pages long. It just doesnt sit right for me..
No excuse, competitors also release books with a lot of textual contents, some are indeed plagued by lackluster QC, others can be absolutely fine. If you ask a premium price, you proof read it.

Also I am asking again @andrew_anime, what about the french boxset of gunbuster? Are we getting new discs to fix the audio and subtitles? Or are we just walking wallets speaking baguettes for your company?

Belle showed up in the video. Wasn't going to buy a UE for a film I didn't fully get on with, so hopefully it'll be cheaper than the Early Bird price. Anyone remember what that was?

Does anyone else have an issue with their 4k Evangelion 3.0+1.11 box? Mines is really uneven
The wraparound print seems to have been moved forward a bit, the text at the front is too close to the edge and the spine text has the same issue. The embossing is perfectly placed tho, so I’m really concerned that whoever designed it intentionally put it out in this state /:

It seems minor but as it’s £80 at full price for a single movie, I’d expect waaaay better.
Like, I can’t even put this out with the rest of my EVA CEs because this error will bug me too much.
I’ve been reading through the thread about the lack of QC at AL lately, I guess this is another victim to add to the pile

I messaged them about a replacement, I’ll post again when I get an update

Does anyone else have an issue with their 4k Evangelion 3.0+1.11 box? Mines is really uneven
The wraparound print seems to have been moved forward a bit, the text at the front is too close to the edge and the spine text has the same issue. The embossing is perfectly placed tho, so I’m really concerned that whoever designed it intentionally put it out in this state /:

It seems minor but as it’s £80 at full price for a single movie, I’d expect waaaay better.
Like, I can’t even put this out with the rest of my EVA CEs because this error will bug me too much.
I’ve been reading through the thread about the lack of QC at AL lately, I guess this is another victim to add to the pile

I messaged them about a replacement, I’ll post again when I get an update
I noticed this as well, it's very obvious when you look at the spine as you can clearly see the embosing and the print don't line up at all, which tbh the text not being centered on the spine was the first thing I noticed when I got it (This isn't uncommon for an AL release but the embosing makes it look a lot worse). I'd expect it's an issue with all copies so I don't think a replacement will help much, it's the sorta sloppyness I've come to expect from AL these days unfortunately.

Seeing the news on Nadia we decided to check the disc for the standard BD collection (which is available to all retail) and can confirm e18 plays e10 (we have only checked on BD player however). We've temporarily disabled it on our site for the time being all the same.
Thanks for checking and for @Magical Senshi for initially reporting this. So I just received my set and immediately did some checking.

When playing disc 2, I can confirm that trying to play episode 18 it actually starts episode 10.

But after checking my disc with MakeMKV i see that there indeed 9 episodes on disc 2, and after ripping the disc it actually contains episode 18, so we can basically conclude that this is a menu issue pointing to the wrong episode for the last episode on the disc.

Mind you that I didn't rip the complete disc yet, just the first episode shown in the MakeMKV list which one would think would be episode 10, but it's actually episode 18. Something which happened a lot with older Sentai discs where episodes are never in the order you expect them in, something I've never see with for example FUNimation discs. I know this from experience as in most cases i rip my anime discs and put them on my Unraid server and use an Apple TV with Infuse Pro to watch them.

Menu for disc 2
Schermafbeelding-2023-11-21-om-12-27-57.png

What MakeMKV actually sees
Schermafbeelding-2023-11-21-om-12-29-18.png

Episode 18 ripped from the disc.
Schermafbeelding-2023-11-21-om-12-38-47.png

Back