UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

For Tower of God fans, seems the ultimate edition is finally ready. Saw it at MCM so we should not have to wait long now.

Forgot to say. When I talked about to @Hanners I asked about how bleach and the thousand year blood war arc was going to be handled, whether they would be released 1 after the other or at the same time and he said there considered separate entities so there likely to be released at the same time.
That's good to hear. I asked at the time about what the release schedule would be like but I hadn't considered the chance they'd do the original series then TYBW in order. Glad they aren't there.

@Hanners uh....... have you shipped the copies of burn the witch yet because we've passed the oct 30th deadline and you were selling them at mcm but I've received no email saying they've been shipped.

Penguindrum standard edition listed on AOL. I know someone here was looking for the series some time back, I forgot who, sorry.

Yeh was lookin for this aswell
As prefer standards to collectors sets😉😬

It's not a full set of Attack on Titan soundtracks until you can surround yourself with them and pretend you're a Titan, right?

Serious answer: we'd love to be able to bring folks all of Attack on Titan's music, but nothing to report yet; needless to say we'd be keen to though!
Yeah, before November, sure, of course Another delay?

Will there be anime limited christmas segment like past few years? Thought normally begin of november?
You mean the Cloud matsuri liveshow/ run down of what to expect from the upcoming christmas sale?
If so usually its a bit later more mid / mid end November

I suspect probably will still do but orginally I think it was partly due to the fact the were missing MCM and events like that during lockdowns and lots of COVID restirctions. I do suspect they will carry on but they did also get bought out by who ever it was and they have returned to MCM so I'm just guessing.

Maybe they'll drop some of the interviews and maybe only make it a one day event

What new licenses/new releases do you people think will be announced in AL's Christmas Showcase this year? Any guesses? What titles would you like to see being announced?

I hope we finally get Kakegurui Season 2 this Christmas. Sound! Euphonium Season 2 would be nice. I would love to see Rose of Versailles and/or Dear Brother (Oniisama e...) being announced but I know that will never happen 😭 Lycoris Recoil and Bocchi the Rock would be cool too, but those aren't probably gonna happen either... F*ck, I ain't getting anything this Christmas, am I 😭

I would personally like to see Godzilla: Singular Point escape from Netflix jail. I’d also like to see Anime Limited put more of Funimation’s DVD-only catalog out on Blu-ray. I don’t know what the right’s look like in the UK, but I’m thinking specifically Last Exile, Mushishi, X TV, and ×××HOLiC. It would also rule to see more subtitled-only releases. And as always… more Lupin III, please and thank you.

I feel this Christmas will be more focused on licenses already announced considering the amount of announcements we just had with MCM but for new announcements I'd like to see anyway, I agree with @Suzu and @gloomranger on the titles you've mentioned. For others I'd love to see...

Netflix

• Carole & Tuesday
  • Beastars
  • Devilman: Crybaby

Discotek Media

• Kyousougiga
  • Angel Cop
  • Goku Midnight Eye
  • Violence Jack
  • Iria: Zeiram the Animation
  • Robot Carnival 4K
  • Street Fighter II 4K
  • Project A-KO series
  • Cutie Honey series

Noizomi & AnimEigo

• Dirty Pair
  • Please Teacher!
  • Bubblegum Crisis

Sentai Filmworks

• Usagi Drop
  • Beyond the Boundary (Series + Movies)
  • Vampire Hunter D
  • Chihayafuru
  • Golden Time
  • My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (S1 - S3)
  • Run with the Wind
  • Waiting in the Summer

Miscellaneous

• Daily Lives of High School Boys
  • You're Under Arrest series
  • Genshiken series
  • Dead Leaves

Some of these have much higher chances than others and I could honestly list titles all day but these are some notables ones on my wishlist for AL or MVM to license which I'd love to see.

I would personally like to see Godzilla: Singular Point escape from Netflix jail. I’d also like to see Anime Limited put more of Funimation’s DVD-only catalog out on Blu-ray. I don’t know what the right’s look like in the UK, but I’m thinking specifically Last Exile, Mushishi, X TV, and ×××HOLiC. It would also rule to see more subtitled-only releases. And as always… more Lupin III, please and thank you.
Not x or xxxholic but on the topic of clamp I did ask @anime_andrew at mcm about tsubasa chronicle and he said they weren't releasing that but thanks for reminding him of potential titles to licence.

Back