UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well we all know being absolutely annoying about something is a surefire way to make it happen so let's do that.
Really wouldn't say anyone's been 'absolutely annoying'.
Haven't really seen many people tag their reps in a while.
Just a bunch of fans putting pieces together and saying the bigger picture is a pretty disappointing one.
"Back in the day" AL were literally the pinnacle of transparency and fan interaction, these days you'd be forgiven for thinking they didn't have a PR team 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Well we all know being absolutely annoying about something is a surefire way to make it happen so let's do that.
Mate, it's been 8 years since they announced they were releasing this franchise in the UK. There have been multiple delays, false starts and diminishing quality. I have continuously acknowledged the exceptional circumstances that have caused some of the problems and I'm coming from the perspective of a fan who has officially worked on the franchise and knows what Bandai/Sunrise can be like to work with.

At the end of the day AL are a company putting out product. I've always acknowledged when they've done me a solid but it's not workable to just passively stand by when things fail to emerge. We're 2 years shy of a decade in this arrangement and none of us getting any younger. There are far worse fan responses than being annoyed.

It's a shame because shortly after the 40th AL seemed to finally pick up some pace and started putting out releases at a rate in which a mostly complete collection of UC and AUs seemed feasible within a few more years.

Nowadays I just want to know which Nozomi releases I should import.

It's a shame because shortly after the 40th AL seemed to finally pick up some pace and started putting out releases at a rate in which a mostly complete collection of UC and AUs seemed feasible within a few more years.

Nowadays I just want to know which Nozomi releases I should import.
The 40th to me felt like Sunrise going "So hey, UK licensor, what are YOU doing for the 40th anniversary of our major anime franchise?" and AL's response was to take a bunch of series that had already been UK rated and priortitise Blu-rays. They even made the anniversary their social media brand that year.

This is the awkward part to me the further we get. There seems to be less a clear passion for the franchise and more contractual obligations to not offend a legacy anime studio. It's seemingly also why with cases like NT where they get handed inferior assets they just tell UK fans to deal with it.

Back in the day" AL were literally the pinnacle of transparency and fan interaction, these days you'd be forgiven for thinking they didn't have a PR team 🤷‍♂️
It's pretty conspicuous that AL went dark on this thread a few weeks after the Plaion buy-out. Aside from a couple of posts from Hanners in Feb they've generally been silent since November. I worry that either some staff have been 'restructured' out the door or the new owners might have issued a gag order on this kind of customer interaction.

It's pretty conspicuous that AL went dark on this thread a few weeks after the Plaion buy-out. Aside from a couple of posts from Hanners in Feb they've generally been silent since November. I worry that either some staff have been 'restructured' out the door or the new owners might have issued a gag order on this kind of customer interaction.
As good as it is when companies interact with their customers on forums like this they really have no obligation to.
I was more referring to the fact 75% of their new releases have been delayed in some form, some massively, and none of it has been conveyed to the people who've bought it until a few days before expected release or after and even then it wasn't shared on social media.
Tower of God & Nadia 4K are their biggest hitters for 2023 but I don't think I've seen a single post about them since the announcement, even when they were delayed.

So any idea of what is inside the 2 anime limited mystery boxes they are offering?
I doubt anything actually dispatched over Easter, so will probably have to wait a few more days,but you never know maybe they did some on saturday
And I suspect much fewer people buy the standard edition mystery bundles, so much fewer people to receive and share what is in them.

I'm certainly on the fence and only bought some BOGOF so far and saved my 15% for a few CE's and maybe a mystery bundle, but I probably have most of what is in them.

The one catch with releasing the SD OVAS is I believe one of them is lost media. Crazy Races (a fairly direct parody of Wacky Races with UC characters) is no longer included on rereleases.

I was kind of worried about that when they posted the survey. Which is kind of why I like to ask @Hanners @demiopedia and @anime_andrew questions here to be sure there still looking here. If nothing else just a friendly chat.

For what it's worth Andy is more active on the Discord than this forum so there's still customer interaction there.

Last post was a few days ago answering a question about getting the rest of Free! which he said were locked to Crunchyroll.

Re: the delays, I'd speculate that the buy out and the effort involved has consumed resources somewhat and has contributed, but production has been slow to recover from COVID disruption, while we're still getting posts about certain titles awaiting different things. So basically a bunch of factors meaning things just take longer to release now.

As for "more Gundam coming but we can't talk about it" - contracts. Also just because someone says it's coming doesn't mean it's signed and sealed.

But yeah I think people are starting to whip themselves into a frenzy about this stuff when it's probably wise to take a step back.

Never say never, but unless some deal was worked out before the buyout, I think it’s pretty unlikely Anime Limited or MVM will license Eizouken. Of course, I don’t think Crunchyroll UK will release it either.

I should get my all the anime mystery boxes by midday tomorrow - I will let everyone know if you want - how do I do the spoilers thing? So I don’t spoil it for everyone
That would be much apprecaited for mystery boxes reveals.
Simplest way is to just use either of the 2 buttons next too the insert image button (see image and goto red box area), or manually type out one of the two spoilers in image (and throw the text you want to hide inbetween the too spoilers)
spoiler.png

Back