UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I was kind of worried about that when they posted the survey. Which is kind of why I like to ask @Hanners @demiopedia and @anime_andrew questions here to be sure there still looking here. If nothing else just a friendly chat.

If only I knew you guys were missing me so much.... turns out my notifications are still set to my old (non-work) e-mail address, which explains why I've been missing this chatter! Time to go fix that now.

Anyway, no need for conspiracy theories, we're still all here, alive, kicking, employed and working hard without any gag orders or demands to avoid interacting with you folks! The boring reality is that it's just been an incredibly busy start to the year - Q1 is often a relatively quiet time but not this year, as we have so many major projects in process across home video, theatrical and music that us being quiet means that we have a lot happening, only a fraction of which you folks have seen yet.

So along those lines, nothing has changed at all, so absolutely no need to panic. We appreciate people's care and concern though, it's touching, but we aren't going anywhere and I promise I will try to be more responsive on here especially once I start getting notifications so I know when I've been "summoned" (although if you're gonna summon me a lot at least buy me dinner first ;) )

Regarding Gundam specifically, I know people get bored with my constant teasing that there's more Gundam on the way, but it's absolutely true and we're currently advancing with our next tranche of Gundam releases which I hope we'll have news on over the coming months. As we've discussed previously things were slowed down for a while there by reorganisation on the licensor side and that's continued to mean that things aren't moving quite as fast as they have in the past, but we're certainly working hard to get Gundam back in place as a regular feature of our new release line-up - we aren't in that spot just yet, but we're getting there, so sooooon. Honestly.

As a general rule, remember that's always a lot going on that we can't talk about until things are finalised, and also a lot that we don't feel ready to talk about until we have everything in a place where we can give a clear picture to you all of what to expect so that we can set expectations and excitement levels accordingly. I appreciate from the outside looking in then "quiet" does not equal "good", but ironically it usually means that there's a lot of very cool stuff on the way, and boy do we have some doozies that we look forward to surprising you with as we progress through the year!

If you want some real-world evidence of how things are ramping up, just take a look at our pre-order slate for this month - 7 new titles across music and home video that we're having to squeeze into a single month. I personally can't wait to get Pompo the Cinephile into your hands, and have you seen how gorgeous our Little Witch Academia vinyl looks?

I'm going to leave it there otherwise you'll all go from missing me to being sick of reading my missives, but I'll try to be around more for questions/feedbacks/complaints/favourite Love Live character arguments, so don't hesitate to hit me up! :) You know I love talking with you guys (yes, even you), so don't be a stranger and @ me if you need me!

Not great from all the anime easter mystery - lots of stuff that I think a lot of people already have - I don’t know which mystery box is which as just put in randomly - and I even received two blu rays that were open and not sealed

Anyways here’s what’s in them:

Millennium actress
Jin roh
Fuse
Sword of the stranger
Planetes
Patema inverted
Pigtails
Giovannis Island
Hal
Code geass the resurrection

I didn’t order the mystery boxes, as I’m somewhat less enthused by ‘standard’ editions, and the value of them doesn’t really add up for me.
I wasn’t too impressed by last year either.
Future box contents

Planetes
Patema inverted
HAL
Pigtails
Code Geass Re;surrection
Hmm.
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Not great from all the anime easter mystery - lots of stuff that I think a lot of people already have - I don’t know which mystery box is which as just put in randomly - and I even received two blu rays that were open and not sealed

Anyways here’s what’s in them:

Millennium actress
Jin roh
Fuse
Sword of the stranger
Planetes
Patema inverted
Pigtails
Giovannis Island
Hal
Code geass the resurrection
Already have? Let’s see…
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got

Yep. I’m happy with my choice.

I was waiting for Garden of Words to drop before submitting my Spring Sale order. Will place my order tonight after I get home from work. I'll have 4 or 5 CE sale items and 2 CE non-sale titles in my order to break the £100 free international shipping mark, after VAT removal and 15% Anime Unlimited discount.

Also, no Mystery Boxes for me; I never order them because everything included in these boxes are always titles I already have or don't want. Same thing this time around - out of both Mystery Boxes, I have every title in either a UK or US format, except Pigtails.

Last edited:
Regarding Gundam specifically, I know people get bored with my constant teasing that there's more Gundam on the way, but it's absolutely true and we're currently advancing with our next tranche of Gundam releases which I hope we'll have news on over the coming months. As we've discussed previously things were slowed down for a while there by reorganisation on the licensor side and that's continued to mean that things aren't moving quite as fast as they have in the past, but we're certainly working hard to get Gundam back in place as a regular feature of our new release line-up - we aren't in that spot just yet, but we're getting there, so sooooon. Honestly.
20230414_180843.jpg

One thing I'd like to know about Gundam is if the Rightstuf takeover has caused quite a few issues. Licenses are Sunrise but Rightstuf/Nozomi seemed to play a pretty big role in getting blurays out the door

Also would be interested to know whats happening with Macross now as once again... Rightstuf were involved. Imagine all these years people asking for Macross in the west and this takeover destroys all hope 😹😹😹😹

@Hanners I also have another question. Andrew has said I the past that alltheanime will be returning to mcm this year but most likely October. Is that still the case or are you coming back this May? (Or worse even latter?)

If only I knew you guys were missing me so much.... turns out my notifications are still set to my old (non-work) e-mail address, which explains why I've been missing this chatter! Time to go fix that now.

Anyway, no need for conspiracy theories, we're still all here, alive, kicking, employed and working hard without any gag orders or demands to avoid interacting with you folks! The boring reality is that it's just been an incredibly busy start to the year - Q1 is often a relatively quiet time but not this year, as we have so many major projects in process across home video, theatrical and music that us being quiet means that we have a lot happening, only a fraction of which you folks have seen yet.

So along those lines, nothing has changed at all, so absolutely no need to panic. We appreciate people's care and concern though, it's touching, but we aren't going anywhere and I promise I will try to be more responsive on here especially once I start getting notifications so I know when I've been "summoned" (although if you're gonna summon me a lot at least buy me dinner first ;) )

As a general rule, remember that's always a lot going on that we can't talk about until things are finalised, and also a lot that we don't feel ready to talk about until we have everything in a place where we can give a clear picture to you all of what to expect so that we can set expectations and excitement levels accordingly. I appreciate from the outside looking in then "quiet" does not equal "good", but ironically it usually means that there's a lot of very cool stuff on the way, and boy do we have some doozies that we look forward to surprising you with as we progress through the year!

If you want some real-world evidence of how things are ramping up, just take a look at our pre-order slate for this month - 7 new titles across music and home video that we're having to squeeze into a single month. I personally can't wait to get Pompo the Cinephile into your hands, and have you seen how gorgeous our Little Witch Academia vinyl looks?

I'm going to leave it there otherwise you'll all go from missing me to being sick of reading my missives, but I'll try to be around more for questions/feedbacks/complaints/favourite Love Live character arguments, so don't hesitate to hit me up! :) You know I love talking with you guys (yes, even you), so don't be a stranger and @ me if you need me!

More full length anime would be nice like royal space force - the wings of honneamise 4k or will I have to import the Japanese release.

Last edited:

@Hanners Are there any plans for any more ultimate editions this year? Not heard anything on these since the Seed Destiny Release

One thing I'd like to know about Gundam is if the Rightstuf takeover has caused quite a few issues. Licenses are Sunrise but Rightstuf/Nozomi seemed to play a pretty big role in getting blurays out the door

Also would be interested to know whats happening with Macross now as once again... Rightstuf were involved. Imagine all these years people asking for Macross in the west and this takeover destroys all hope 😹😹😹😹

No, the Rightstuf situation hasn't caused any delays for us on the Gundam front. Macross is progressing, we'll share more news as we have it but needless to say it's a major project so don't expect to hear anything specific until we have something we're ready to share! :)

Back